Can I uninstall my Trainz 22 Plus Steam install after installing Trainz 22 Platinum without loosing already downloaded Stuff?

Hochturm

Hi!
A stupid question, but preferably one of these instead of getting burned by not asking:
I used Trainz Plus via Steam for a while and so installed it. I bought Trainz 22 earlier to have it fully, not a fan of subscriptions, now I got Platinum. But I still kept my Plus install on the HD for fear of losing stuff. Still I would like to delete the Plus install from my steam account and HD since it is about 10 Gig space gathering dust. Does the Steam library uninstall keep the NV3 Content (trains, tracks, DLC, etc.) intact?

Hi!
A stupid question, but preferably one of these instead of getting burned by not asking:
I used Trainz Plus via Steam for a while and so installed it. I bought Trainz 22 earlier to have it fully, not a fan of subscriptions, now I got Platinum. But I still kept my Plus install on the HD for fear of losing stuff. Still I would like to delete the Plus install from my steam account and HD since it is about 10 Gig space gathering dust. Does the Steam library uninstall keep the NV3 Content (trains, tracks, DLC, etc.) intact?
I believe you will have to save all your content as a cdp and put the cdp into the content manager of your new version.

Trainz installs two folders. The program folder where you have selected to place it and a data folder which is always on the C drive (unless you have moved it). The uninstall only uninstalls the program. When you install Platinum you can tell it where to go on your computer but it will still put the data folder on the C drive. You can redirect Platinum to the older data folder. You may lose some content if it was specifically created for Plus or has a higher build version than your Platinum version.

Back