Does anyone else have this issue with a Trainzitalia download...

RailFan500CA

Largely Inactive
The download is the RPW content,and when I try to download it... it downloads and when it gets around halfway there... it suddenly finishes and the file is corrupt. This is both for the route and content packs and the rolling stock... is it just me having this issue?... or is anyone else having the issue... I am sorry if I put this thread in the wrong location...

I figured it was just poor data flow through the trans atlantic pipes. Assuming the Trainzitalia servers are actually in Italy. I'm in the USA.

A download manager will get the files with no problem, since they can save partial downloads, unlike a built in browser download.

Ninja download manager did the trick for me.

I tried to download again with a download manager and again,around halfway there it finishes and the file is corrupt.

Well,I can not get the RPW route and rolling stock for now. :confused:

There’s a lot of mirrors to download have you tried em all ? How does the internet works in North America I mean do you have unlimited data per month ?

There’s a lot of mirrors to download have you tried em all ? How does the internet works in North America I mean do you have unlimited data per month ?

Not everyone has unlimited internet service, which is not only based on the provider, but also on what people can afford.

Mmmmh I see too bad so you don't have 100mbs with unlimited data for 25 a month.

I am,unfortunately stuck with Bell canada internet,and the internet is slow,unreliable,and expensive... and you know what would make the name Bell canada (That company) more true? Replace the B with a H. Then you get how I see the company.:hehe:

Mmmmh I see too bad so you don't have 100mbs with unlimited data for 25 a month.

We wish we could get high speed internet for $25 per month!

I am,unfortunately stuck with Bell canada internet,and the internet is slow,unreliable,and expensive... and you know what would make the name Bell canada (That company) more true? Replace the B with a H. Then you get how I see the company.:hehe:

Well that's a small world... I worked for Infinet which was bought up by Teleglobe and then Memotec, which was then all absorbed into Bell Canada. The end results were not kind to us either.

The server used by TrainzItalia doesn't seem to allow resuming an interrupted download (shown in the Free Download Manager log). In this case a download manager doesn't help, if you have a bad internet connection.

Peter

You're kidding :hehe: the route's free and he gonna pay the usb key + shipping fees

You're kidding :hehe: the route's free and he gonna pay the usb key + shipping fees

OR just do with out. For the amount of time he has spent trying to download and the added frustration I would think a $2.00 usb key and maybe $1.00 in postage would be well worth the efforts he has already gone through.

:':)o

You need to do something about that because it sucks for a North America country to have a 3rd world internet connection

I apologise for the delay in my reply, but the real world (read: work deadlines) required all of my time :(.

Today I downloadeld all the files of the Rollins Pass with no trouble at all, as I always did.

I would like to point out, however, that we had no such issues during the route construction/development/betatesting phase, even though most of the team members are U.S. residents. Jango and other authors repeatedly sent me beta versions to upload on our server and we never had problems. I suppose the cause of the problem lies in the combination of a slow Internet connection and the large size of the files.

As regards to the possibility quoted below, I will investigate with our chief tech wizard.

The server used by TrainzItalia doesn't seem to allow resuming an interrupted download (shown in the Free Download Manager log). In this case a download manager doesn't help, if you have a bad internet connection.

Finally, how large is the largest file you were able to download?

Back