Does anyone else question on Trainz

Often, I head over to the download station looking for item "A",, then see something great looking and interesting like VR railroads, something that has absolutely nothing to do with what I generally model. 5 hours and 10 gigs later,,,,, well ,,,,,,, you get it.
Does anyone else have this addiction???

10 gig ????

Woow, that's nothing with the trainz install of 720GB of mine.
If you got space, you can get more.

720 is only installation of trainz.
I have a whole lot more of downloaded stuff that is not installed yet.

Have a nice download day

GUILTY! I have downloads going most of the time, and over a terabyte each for both T:ANE and TRS19. I don't know how I am ever going to fit TRS22 onto my system without giving up one or the other, but too many assets to let go of! I am the consummate OCD PACKRAT! And for all that I don't do any of it justice as I just don't seem to have the time, even in retirement. Putting a 4TB drive on my Christmas list this year. Sigh.

Back when I started with Trainz in 2015, I wanted see every asset on the DLS and choose what I needed to build my layout. My computer would download every night working through stacks of open download windows with no First Class Ticket. Still take a look at the DLS every day to see what’s new and usefull.

I have you all beat. My Trainz data tops out a 2.1 TB! Recently, I tried cleaning up the content but then I installed a route that put a bunch of the stuff back in.

Back when I started with Trainz in 2015, I wanted see every asset on the DLS and choose what I needed to build my layout. My computer would download every night working through stacks of open download windows with no First Class Ticket. Still take a look at the DLS every day to see what’s new and useful.
We've all done that especially when we first got Trainz. Later on, we become picky on what we download, but then we install a route or two and end up with more than we bargained for. The biggest driver for this I think was when Auran was floundering and we were afraid the DLS and everything was going away and we downloaded whatever we could to ensure we still had content.

Yeah, I think many of us go through that phase, when you start discovering 3rd party Trainz sites. I currently have a 4 tera byte drive for TRS 2019. A 2 terabyte for TANE and I did have a 1 terabyte for TS12.

I think I have installed practically every route from trainz.pl, trainz Romania, trainz.de, trainzitalia and others and gobs of Russian stuff from when Dermmy was really active in the community and making layouts.

Rico

"Still take a look at the DLS every day to see what’s new and usefull."

Yup, that's all there is to do every day... on sundays too.
I'm even get angry if there's noting I like.

I never hear my wife about it, so I must be save.

"Still take a look at the DLS every day to see what’s new and usefull."

Yup, that's all there is to do every day... on sundays too.
I'm even get angry if there's noting I like.

I never hear my wife about it, so I must be save.
Do you get upset too when the DLS is down?

I feel myself getting edgy as if I'm suffering from some kind of withdrawal.

It depends on whether I am looking for route building assets or looking to put together a consist to drive. For driving, I just look for the road and the types of locos and cars I want. For route building I have a bad habit of putting something into the search filter like "house" or "water tank" or whatever I am looking for, then sorting by build version hoping there will be something new and shiny. Then I am usually disappointed to be down to version 2.9 before I find what I really want. Oh well.

I do the same thing every day, LOL, LOL. I Use content manager to see what is new on the DL. I have a filter set up for new assets and one for routes and sessions. If I see something I think I would like, I download it and place it into a "New Asset Route". If I do not like it, deleted. I do not rely on thumbnails. My system has 5 version of Trainz installed. TRS19, TRS22 Basic, TRS22 Platinum and Beta TRS22+ & TRS Plus Alpha. Not sure of the disc usage but I am sure it is high, lol.

I like your method of checking out new assets. I have mine setup to filter on upload date so that the latest uploads are always at the top. After I download what I want, I then use the today filter to show what I just downloaded and preview the assets one at a time using the Open asset preview window. Using this, I can check the poly count and LOD for the assets. There have been some really nice buildings and what not that are really nice but the poly count and lack of LOD makes them sadly useless on a route.

When you have been hooked on Trainz for a while, you begin to know who supplies the best stuff for your needs and look to them to deliver. Of course if you can’t get enough of what you need, you’ll need to learn to make you own.

Back