DLS sooooo slow even with FCT

I have a favorite coffee cup. The wording goes this way:

Let me drop everything right now and work on your problem immediately!

Bill

Nice one Bill, I have a mug that says, I'm very busy, piss off until I'm free.

I don't disagree with the OP, although, it has been stated in the past that it all depends on what time of day you try and access the DLS from whichever country you are in. During office hours here in the UK, ie 9-5, the internet is generally busy anyway which is to be expected. If I attempt to download oodles of content at mid-day, it'll be slow, if I do the same at midnight, it flies through no problem.

A bit of time management and patience is called for, me thinks, this problem isn't going to go away overnight.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

And we'll keep beating it to death until they get off their arses and fix it!

I agree. You pay for something and expect good customer service. '

You certainly should not be criticized for that! If you stay quiet, than the problem won't take priority.

Thank you, the customer for bringing it to their attention. Now that's the first step for good CS, and the 2nd step is getting the problem fixed!!!

+100 !

Hi Vinny,

For years you have contributed so much to this sim going back to the beginning. Between your all your great content you have unselfishly provided and all the support you have given to new users and Trainz veterans alike, I'm taking this opportunity to give you my thanks and appreciation. You deserve the utmost respect.

and....

+100 and another +100 a gazillion times over.

Always totally excellent content. I always find use for your stuff somewhere on my routes.

John

Hi good people, thank you for the these accolades :wave:

I don't know what brought that on and why I deserve this as I just did what I normally did and do for and with Trainz :eek: .

In any case, I can also be critical where it is deserved to speak up re the DLS/FTC issue. As said, why post here when there is a different forum for such issues. Well..... I myself posted often there about the recurring issues and what had been achieved there in the past? Has anything changed in the last few months there? You be the judge.

A pat on the back to Zec, Aron and Chris, I know they do their UTMOST in the conditions that prevail at Helpdesk, after all, they can ONLY do so much with what they have got on hand. The last thing I want to do is to knock them. So who is to blame for the current state of affairs? As Zec said, there are already new servers waiting to be installed so it seems something AT LAST is going to address these issues.

Lets hope this will fix the issues we all complain of and we can get back to do other things.

VinnyBarb

Right now download station is flying ,,super fast ,,very nice and connected straight away
well done however
steve

To put it simply, the servers were overloaded. Didn't I say this a few posts ago?

Oh by the way, the problem seems to be fixed, but I guess, as I posted above, no one will notice because they're too busy whinging about how it doesn't work.

John

Perhaps when I come to renew my FCT my credit card will be overloaded...

I hope my original post maybe doesn't get included in the whinger bit.

All I complained about was Auran's failure to supply the FCT service after taking my payment. It's as simple as that.

All I complained about was Auran's failure to supply the FCT service after taking my payment. It's as simple as that.

A bunch of things...

Now that Auran has straightened out their end, your changes may not be as frustrating!

1) Ensure your FCT is enabled. If it has not been activated, you'll still get the slow speed even though you purchased your new FCT subscription.

Go to your purchase history, and find the recent ticket and activate it.

2) Jump start your log in to the Planet Auran/FCT server.

This sometimes goes hand-and-hand with step 1. Normally the activation process can take up to 24 hours for Planet Auran and FCT servers to communicate and allow the fast speed for you.

To get around this issue, go into Content Manager (CM), and then your Options. From there go into your Internet settings and retype your login name or password. You don't even have to type the whole thing. I delete the last character of my login name, then put it back. This allows the apply and OK buttons to work.

3) Exit CM and come back in and try again. This should do it.

Now remember. If you have any old downloads in the queue when you renewed your FCT, then the remaining downloads will still be at the same server.

Give this a try and let us know how it works. Sorry for being a bit abrupt, but when everyone is asking the same question, and there are problems with the system, it's hard to tell whether the problem will be yours or at the server end.

John

mmm i been useing my fct with no problem on my end.... did you leave a ticket on the help desk...I had a fct for over two years with no problems

A bunch of things...

Now that Auran has straightened out their end, your changes may not be as frustrating!

1) Ensure your FCT is enabled. If it has not been activated, you'll still get the slow speed even though you purchased your new FCT subscription.

Go to your purchase history, and find the recent ticket and activate it.

2) Jump start your log in to the Planet Auran/FCT server.

This sometimes goes hand-and-hand with step 1. Normally the activation process can take up to 24 hours for Planet Auran and FCT servers to communicate and allow the fast speed for you.

To get around this issue, go into Content Manager (CM), and then your Options. From there go into your Internet settings and retype your login name or password. You don't even have to type the whole thing. I delete the last character of my login name, then put it back. This allows the apply and OK buttons to work.

3) Exit CM and come back in and try again. This should do it.

Now remember. If you have any old downloads in the queue when you renewed your FCT, then the remaining downloads will still be at the same server.

Give this a try and let us know how it works. Sorry for being a bit abrupt, but when everyone is asking the same question, and there are problems with the system, it's hard to tell whether the problem will be yours or at the server end.

John

Thanks for stating the obvious, doubtless that are people who buy and FCT then don't activate it..

Of course I activated my FCT... and for a few weeks it it worked as expected, then came the Auran notice telling us how good they are doing with June sales and then telling the poor saps who pay for a service about problems.

That where the problem lies.....

Frustraing 2.5 weeks

After a frustrating 2 and a half weeks with assets stuck in the Unprocessed section suddenly all hell has broken loose and they were done and dusted and on the DS. To make sure it really was working and not just a 'fright in the night' I uploaded another asset 'Town Hall' on Saturday not expecting much.
I got the email from Auran/N3V only a short time later saying it had been accepted.
So the problem was fixed. What threw me was I didn't know why nothing was happening but once I did then I just waited, that bit wasn't a problem.
So congratters to the boys in the back room (and girls maybe?) for sorting matters out.

Angela

Thanks for knocking those who try to help.

That's part of the life of tech support. We get awards once in awhile, but for the most part we're considered low-class by the majority of the rest of the working class and public.:eek:

But... we do have the power though. HA!

John

Things do seem to be working much better the last couple of days. Thanks to Auran for hearing our frustration...

Having continued to experience problems with downloading from Auran, I decided to do something else.

I bought a new copy of Trainz, I registered it etc. and loaded it on two different machines with different operating systems.

So far so good

I loaded my old TRS2006 on the first virgin computer and thought to download my own conten......

I can't.. It doesn't work, in fact all it does in Update the Datasoddingbase.

So I left it running for three hours and still the same, did the same on the another machine on a different ISP and different place.

I am really sad that Auran treat loyal customers like this.

I am really sad that Auran treat loyal customers like this.

Hmmm, I consider myself a loyal customer, although I have only purchased each version, Paintshed and add ons. They haven't treated me like that.;)

Last edited:
Also have an fct but things are slow here too.

Sometime i wan't to cry, i have to do 10 retry's to get something downloading.

Auran please fix this asap.

If you now much people are downloading, the increase your capacity.

Or are you people operating from the dessert ?

Yep no good.

Even trouble when i try to download something from the black pages, asks me for a username and password.

I'm not going to change my password, that shouldn't be done it is a problem on the dls, i think it just can't keep up.

It's time that auran brings up a solution, because i'm getting sick of this.

It also doesnt help that you have all the android/apple and tablet/ipad users uploading all sorts of pointless and retarded routes that dont have any track what so ever in the map.

Back