DLS sooooo slow even with FCT

mkewer

I'm so pleased that I only bought 3 months worth of FCT.

I have to admit that since changing from TRS2004 I have become increasingly pi$$ed off with Auran.

The following may help (if you haven't already):

1.Changing your password in your Auran/N3V profile.
2.Clearing out your download helper list if using Content Manager.
3.Running an Extended Database repair.

Shane

You may notice that a great number of users (ones who have a FCT) are experiencing DLS problems. There are lots of threads all stating more or less the same issue.

Shane has offered one possible solution and you are likely to receive further help if you find this doesn't help you. Myself and I'm sure others, appreciate your annoyance but you will find help will be far more forthcoming if your posts are a little less 'angry'.

Regards,
PFX

May also help if you read and posted in the DLS FCT forum, the same information on how to kickstart an FCT when its not working has been given over and over again. At present though I think there is some kind of problems with the servers and logging in.

Those who are experiencing difficulties try this, its worked every time in the last couple of days when I get stuck when connecting.

Close CM, open the command window, need to run as admin if Win7 or Vista and type this ipconfig /flushdns <enter> this will clear the DNS cache of stale failed logins. Shouldn't need to do this under normal circumstances but it works for me ..............

Those who are experiencing difficulties try this, its worked every time in the last couple of days when I get stuck when connecting.

Close CM, open the command window, need to run as admin if Win7 or Vista and type this ipconfig /flushdns <enter> this will clear the DNS cache of stale failed logins. Shouldn't need to do this under normal circumstances but it works for me ..............

The point is, one should NOT have to do this, if having a FCT, this all should be done AS ADVERTISED by AURAN/N3V in regards to the benefits when buying a FCT will give the buyer. Clearly, presently (and for some considerable time in the past), this is NOT working as promised, irrespective of having the excuse of more people buying the game.

More people buying the game equals MORE money for AURAN/N3V. More money for them SHOULD equal upgrading the DLS and therefore better DLS access. Period!

I have a "lifetime" FCT but I only d/load via FTP. Even there if having more than 2 d/loads concurrent, the DLS spits the dummy, even though Helpdesk assured me I can d/load 5 d/loads at the same time. This is clearly not so and ANY messages/excuses/what have you from AURAN/N3V does not cut it with me. I, as a buyer of their product should be at the very least treated/supplied with what AURAN/N3V spruik on their web site, on the box you get when buying the product in regards to the DLS and "free" downloads from there.

Or state clearly on these places advertising the virtues of the DLS the REAL conditions existing presently (for some considerable time already). Then at the very least anyone buying AURAN/N3V's products will know. But this will never happen.

I am not bashing AURAN/N3V, far from it, I think I supported them in the past and present very well. I bought all the Trainz/TRS/TC/TS editions including some of their Route disks too they ever published, all from their own store/shop. Some of these versions I even bought 2 or 3 times as presents for others, I also bought heaps of other games from them in the past but I still consider fair should be fair. Especial to the consumer.

Oh, I nearly forgot, now the "search" for an item on the DLS is limited too. What will it be next?

My 2 cents worth.

VinnyBarb

I do not wish to start anything here, but as I have found out before, the money from the game purchases is towards development and staffing/equipment costs etc. (note: this does not include the servers)

FCTs are what support the servers, as stated in other posts.

Also, even though the boxed versions state free DLS access, most of the boxed versions are made in advance, and hence once they have been made and packaged, they cannot be changed.

As for the concurrent downloads, I remember reading about the limit going back up to 5, but I have a feeling that due to the current server issues, they have been forced to reduce it.

Shane

EDIT: The FCT activation process should work as advertised (as long as you are prepared to wait 24-48 hours), although if a user does not clear out their download helper list, then it is the user's issue (newer versions of Trainz can clear out completed downloads automatically)

Last edited:
The DLS was very slow last night. This could be due to technical difficulties with the server, or as Zec has mentioned a few times, there is a big influx of new people downloading content. This in my opinion, maybe affecting even the FCT customers as well.

I do recall reading that N3V is looking to increasing their server space so the bandwidth isn't eaten so quickly.

John

I am not bashing AURAN/N3V, far from it, I think I supported them in the past and present very well.
VinnyBarb

+100 !

Hi Vinny,

For years you have contributed so much to this sim going back to the beginning. Between your all your great content you have unselfishly provided and all the support you have given to new users and Trainz veterans alike, I'm taking this opportunity to give you my thanks and appreciation. You deserve the utmost respect.

+100 !

Hi Vinny,

For years you have contributed so much to this sim going back to the beginning. Between your all your great content you have unselfishly provided and all the support you have given to new users and Trainz veterans alike, I'm taking this opportunity to give you my thanks and appreciation. You deserve the utmost respect.

+100 and another +100 a gazillion times over.

Always totally excellent content. I always find use for your stuff somewhere on my routes.

John

Access V downloads

I may be wrong, but isn't an FCT for downloads, not necessarily for fast access to the actual Auran page?
I have an FCT and it takes ages for pages to come up but downloads are very fast.
And I have recently managed to get 2 downloads running at the same time, but it is hard when a download come in so quickly, I haven't got time usually to get another going before the first has ended.
My main gripe is the time it takes to get onto places like Planet Auran, and the speed at which they process Uploaded assets. I have a group of assets the have been stuck there for nearly 2 weeks now. I thought they were supposed to be automated and done overnight....

Angela

And we'll keep beating it to death until they get off their arses and fix it!

That's the thing. There's an announcement... oddly enough in the Announcement Forum (strange it would be there). Even more strange is the number of stickies in the DLS, FCT Forum... my my... how unusual to find DLS and FCT issues being addressed in that Forum. Gasp!!... the sheer surprise and horror. :eek: :eek: :eek:

If you seriously believe increasing the amount and degree of whining is going to accelerate fixing the existing issues... you're gravely mistaken. It's not how the world works.

That's the thing. There's an announcement... oddly enough in the Announcement Forum (strange it would be there). Even more strange is the number of stickies in the DLS, FCT Forum... my my... how unusual to find DLS and FCT issues being addressed in that Forum. Gasp!!... the sheer surprise and horror. :eek: :eek: :eek:

If you seriously believe increasing the amount and degree of whining is going to accelerate fixing the existing issues... you're gravely mistaken. It's not how the world works.

I agree, FR. Particularly in the IT world. The squeaky wheels usually get taken care of last. At my company, I the sole supporter of nearly 530 people as of today. I have the usual whingers who want everything NOW no matter how urgent some other problems are.

It has been posted multiple times by Zec that there are some issues with downloading. In fact if the posters look up in the Announcement section, there is a particular post there regarding the issue. To put it simply, the servers were overloaded. Didn't I say this a few posts ago? Apparently no one bothers to listen or read what I have to post here when it comes to stuff like this.

Oh by the way, the problem seems to be fixed, but I guess, as I posted above, no one will notice because they're too busy whinging about how it doesn't work.

John

I have a favorite coffee cup. The wording goes this way:

Let me drop everything right now and work on your problem immediately!

Bill

That's exactly how the world works. Sometimes you have to light a fire and stir the pot. Sometimes you have to poke a person in the ass with a stick to get them motivated. I have every right to do so as a paying FCT holder.

Thank god i found someone else moaning about something for a while i thought i was the only one, see dricketts not happy either
steve

FCT access working okay this end, though it took a few secs for the datastream count to kick in.

I do wonder however if some of the problems have been caused by the decision to put the TS2010 content not included in the TS12 product on the DLS? Anyone transferring a route across to 12 from '10 is more likely to let TS12 get the assets off the DLS than risk messing up their install by merging ja files etc. Likewise, anyone actually contemplating building a route in the 12 product may be downloading the virtual equivalent of their TS2010 DVD's to put all their favourite items back in the programme.

In which case it is a bit of an own goal by N3V/Auran on both counts, firstly the decision to exclude the older content from the latest product, then the "My god what have we done" rush to put it up on the DLS (but minus the routes which is what people are really after).

Back