Cumbres and Toltec D&RGW

This is the only error:
Error: The Tag 'thumbnail' is not permitted within a container of type 'map'.

That will prevent the route from appearing in Surveyor.

To fix this:

1) Create a pic file called thumbnail.jpg
The file must be 240 x 180

2) In Content Manager:

- Open the route for edit using Explorer - right click on the route and choose that option under Open for Edit.
- Put the jpg file in your route's folder.

3) Edit the config.txt file for the route - double click on the config.txt file.
- Go to the very bottom of the file
Add the following:

thumbnails
{
{
width 240
height 180
image "thumbnail.jpg"
}
}

4) Save the config.txt file
5) Close the folder
6) Right-click on the asset open for edit in Content Manager
7) Choose View Errors and Warnings. - There should be none, but if there are some then you'll need to check your work.
8) If all set, commit it by highlighting and then pressing CTRL+M on your keyboard.

How do I make a pic file without access to the route? Does it have to be a pic of the route? Do I make the pic file in a particular program?

Thanks for your help gentlemen.

Now I have 4 errors :|

Error: The Tag '{' is not permitted within a container of type 'thumbnails'.
Error: The Tag 'width' is not permitted within a container of type 'thumbnails'.
Error: The Tag 'height' is not permitted within a container of type 'thumbnails'.
Error: The Tag 'image' is not permitted within a container of type 'thumbnails'.

Wilsong that's progress!!!

Open your config.txt in notepad. Look at the structure and make sure that there are no unmatched "{". That is to say for every "{" there should be a "}".

BTW now is a good time to get familiar with how a config.tex is structured. Open one of the other route config.txt files and compare it to your own. That should give you clues.

Edit OBTW look for extra or missing quotation marks too.

Last edited:
He could post the text of his config file here, and we could take a look at it, and help him correct it

Free Irfanview is a great image manipulation program to resize and convert images to different formats

Last edited:
Back