CSX Saginaw Subdivision DEM corrupted?

cl152

Hello, all,

So yesterday, I've seen there was a CSX Saginaw Subdivision DEM by BDP available on the Download Station. I went and downloaded it. However, once it was done downloading, when
content manager attempted to install the route, it gave me the error on the lines of: "Failed to decompress data. Content package may be damaged."

I am not sure what happened. Was it something on my end when I tried to download the route, or is it the route itself? The version of Trainz I'm using is the Steam version
of Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 service pack 5 build 117026.

Thanks,

Christian

Last edited:
The asset installed fine for me. I noticed that the download is quite large and is a 238 MB download. There are a number of things that can cause this to fail.

Are you using a wireless connection?
Wireless connections don't always handle large downloads.

You are low on disk space.
The roughly 240 MB file becomes nearly 480 MB when downloaded and the file needs to be decompressed in the process.

How much RAM, DIMMS not disk space, do you have installed?
How big is your page file - should be at least 3x RAM.

Your antivirus is stomping on the file.
Exclude your Trainz data folder and the program folder from real-time scanning. This will ensure your files aren't corrupted and you'll actually see some better performance too.

I redownloaded the route, but this time closer to my router, and it worked! The problem must have been due to poor Wi-Fi connection. Thank you for your help.

- Christian

You're welcome, I'm glad you let me know what the problem was, and you were able to solve it.

Back