Content Manager

How can I change to List Mode pl.?
On the Launcher, click on Trainz settings. There's a checkbox on the General tab (first tab) to show thumbnails. You can uncheck that and your Content Manager will change to list view.

@MasterTracklayer List view is on by default. Thumbnails work when you want to see a quick view of the assets, but they only work if the content creator uses a real preview of the asset and not one of those generic "This is another one of my assets series" thumbnail images.

I`m going to have to turn that on, just to see what it looks like that way. I`ll most likely turn it back off again when I have seen.

Ah yes, I remember seeing a lot of those "This is a no-thumbnail thumbnail" and similar, back in the day. I still see some of them these days, too. What really annoys me, though, is when I see a thumbnail with no useful information attached to an asset whose description is only that it has been repaired but not what the bleep the censored asset is, all with an ambiguous name. How the censored bleep am I supposed to know if I want the asset? (Yes, Show asset versions, but that`s beside the point, and not viable if that is the only version listed!)

If I want to see a thumbnail, I just double click on the asset name and a window appears. If the author has provided no thumb nail, then I usually do not download it.

Double-click? I`ll have to try that. I`ve been single-clicking on it hen selecting View details from the Content menu. Yup. Much faster and much easier. Thanks.

@JCitron, I just tried your suggestion. Much better when looking for stuff to download, much worse for most other uses. Thanks.

Thank you all. All this rugby, cricket and football (ours :) ) on I nearly lost my tablets!
Keep well.

Back