constantly getting read only files

switchmaster

I have been working on a new layout. Sometimes I worked on the route for several hours and other times only a couple of minutes. When I go to save the file back to the main name I get can not overrite rtead only filke, save under new name. This happens every time I work on the route. How do I correct it? Also some times it saves the route but I have to install it via the content manager. One other question. How can I save what is saved in the automatic save area, not just the route with nothing on it but the scenery, but the route with the session.:(

Thanks

switchmaster

ps. Inever had this problem before, it just started about three weeks age.

If it is only an intermittent issue, Trainz might be auto saving or doing other housekeeping when you are trying to save. When that happens, I wait a minute or two and try again. Usually it saves just fine the second time.

Also, where did you install and are saving to? If the default C::\user\... than there might be a permission issue added to the mix. I have everything on another drive E:\Trainz so there are not admin problems to worry about.

I have had the same trouble since I upgraded to Sp1.
I just click save again and it saves instantly.
Cheers,
Mike

I've had the same issue when working on my route A Forest Test. It ask me if I'd like to save, but it attempts to, and does not save. If I try and save it again as the same name, it ask me to rename it due to not having the permission or something of the sort. I have ran the game as Admin already, and I'm at SP1 HF4.

Back