Conntection Interrupted

PacificOfficial

for some reason I can't seem to download anything from the DLS again, it keeps giving me this connection interrupted error for every single asset, its happened before but it somehow fixed itself for a little while and I was able to download assets, but now its happening again, I have an FCT ticket but that doesn'tseem to fix the problem, I checked my inbound rule for my firewall, and everything is set to allow this connection, I don't know what the problem could be, anyone else here know what the problem is?
image.png

Check your antivirus and exclude your data-folder and TRS22.exe from real-time scanning. The antivirus programs wreak havoc when content is downloaded and decompressed and will kill performance too when you use the program.
If your folder and program are already excluded, you could have a connection problem, and finally it could be that asset. Have you tried another just in case?

I did try to exclude TRS22 and 19 from my windows firewall, but idk if it can do that with files or folders, I did however try downloading content on Trainz from my Steam Deck which does not have an anti virus, and it still occurs

It is not the firewall (at least I have never had it block access) but more likely your AV software is the problem. Do a Google search for "How do I exclude files from <name of AV software> real time scans?" to get info on excluding files/folders from real time scans.

Also if you are using a VPN then that can sometimes block access. Try disabling the VPN before accessing the DLS.

Data connections monitor line errors and when they go above a certain value the connection is dropped. Sounds to me like your Internet is having issues since it happens with Steam as well. A call to your ISP's support center is your best bet.

Hi!

Even though this is a crazy solution, you actually should turn on the VPN. It fixed it for someone.
That is simply changing the routing to pass through different hops to get to the destination. That would indicate that the problem is with the backbone provider of the ISP. It stills needs to be reported to the ISP so they can troubleshoot it.

I'm still having this error as of 10/11/2023. I did call my ISP today (10/11) and they confirmed that no FTP connections on my account were blocked, Port 21 was not blocked.. and there are no restrictions on my account... this is the last email reply I got from N3V support

Thank you for confirming this. Unfortunately this does indicate that your internet provider may be blocking the connections to our Download Station servers; we have seen a few cases of this recently, unfortunately there is no way for us to control if internet providers do this or not.

As such you will need to try contacting your internet provider to ensure that they are not blocking connections to our servers, and in particular to ensure that they are not blocking FTP download connections, and Port 21 (required for FTP connections).

I checked my firewall, AV settings, TS22 has full control and permissions, I even ran the app as "Admin" and I still can't get this to work. I recently switched from ATT to T-Mobile home internet, I never had this issue on ATT but I don't think it's the ISP. Does anyone out there have a fix for this?

Thanks in advance!

well I figured it out... it IS my Internet connection itself that's causing this issue.

I turned on the Hot Spot feature on my phone then connected my computer to it, tried to download something from DLS and it worked... so there IS a work around and this answers the main question for me. Now I just have to figure out what kind of connection is being interrupted for my ISP to look for.

thanks everyone!! give this a try and let me know if it works for you!

Always good to hear when a user reports that progress is being made. I often marvel at the complexity of internet connections - the maze of settings, how it all works and all the things that can go wrong. It amazes me that it works at all.

I am experiencing this fault long time, since TRS2006, freshly on TRS19Platinum.... I attribute it to the CM and connection requirements from both local app and N3V servers. Not being solved because it is one more push for sheeps to go for FCT. Once disconnected download is resumed, it usually installs from the cache right away (and cdp gets doubled in the cache/internet folder). This issue relates mostly to bigger files (MBs).

Last edited:
Same here, Jagg, but I notice in TRS19 it doesn't install from the cache but starts the download all over again. It actually worked better in T:ANE, as you say. I think it is a bug in the completion of the download that they have never fixed. Unless they did in 22, and I haven't gone there yet.

Same here, Jagg, but I notice in TRS19 it doesn't install from the cache but starts the download all over again. It actually worked better in T:ANE, as you say. I think it is a bug in the completion of the download that they have never fixed. Unless they did in 22, and I haven't gone there yet.
Still the same in TRS22. Somethings change and somethings remain the same.

What wreeder says in post #5 above sounds like a likely culprit. The issue is always temporary, but it can take several minutes to clear the glitch. The big problem is that once this is triggered by a glitch in the connection, the way that Content Manager and the Download Station negotiate connections frequently cause the error to repeat for many additional downloads after the initial glitch has been cleared. The reason that this tends to happen more with larger files than with smaller files is that larger downloads, being larger, provide more opportunity for a glitchy line to glitch during the download.

ZecMurphy, with reference to my help desk ticket, this is one of the problems that I have been having. I just have to be patient and keep retrying, but not too frequently or the error will continue to occur.

Basically I am satisfied with ftp as the protocol for downloading and I appreciate the fact that there are various ways how to get to the DLS content using ftp. But: I understand the CM as kinda ftp client, basic speed without FCT for single thread is about 5kB/s and single user account w/o active FCT has 2 connection threads enabled. I am not real expert, I know there are some multi-threaded and segmented FTP connections, handshakes and such aspects of connection which may affect the final result. But CM seems to be really imperfect in that across the major TRS versions. Today I tried to download batch of larger files (about 4MB per file) and there is the result (which is rather uncomfortable).

CMDLS.jpg
DLSftp.jpg

As You can see on first pic, there are multiple attempts of CM to download same kuid, and multiple messages about connection interrupted. That interruption is temporary, if You leave CM to continue downloading, it will start second attempt, downloads the kuid completely, and installs it in order, but, first disconnected download is completed too in fact, as it is apparent from the second picture, where You can see doubled cdps of same size (cdps are checked as valid). I consider this as evidence, that neither AV nor OS nor E.T. are causing this faulty behavior but CM and/or N3V's ftp servers instead. In result I need to wait twice longer for download while downloading twice more data. I also have suspicion that there is some daily total data limit set per user account w/o FCT since after downloading some tens of MBs in single day, CM starts to refuse connection saying something about entering proper credentials into the MyTrainz account. Has someone tested it somehow? What is Your opinion on that?

Last edited:
With regard to your last observation, as I understand it there is a 100Mb daily limit. No sure what happens if you are trying to download a single asset larger than 100MB.

As You can see on first pic, there are multiple attempts of CM to download same kuid, and multiple messages about connection interrupted.
I have observed this in my downloading also. When things get too bad, I unplug my DSL modem from the phone line. This has consequences for anything else I am doing on line, but is seldom much of an issue, and usually clears the issue faster (and more reliably?) than exiting Content Manager. I have indeed noticed that the download restarts from the beginning, which is very annoying when this happens just when a large download is almost completed. I have never noticed that the original connection-terminated has ever installed successfully despite the error, but then I`ve never looked for it, either. I`ll have to keep my eyes open for that.
I also have suspicion that there is some daily total data limit set per user account w/o FCT
This is not only a confirmed fact, it has been so for as long as I can remember, and I started my Trainz experience with Trainz 2004.
No sure what happens if you are trying to download a single asset larger than 100MB.
In my experience, you could download any asset of any size, as long as you started downloading it before the limit was reached. Back in the day, I would deliberately schedule my downloads such that the second-to-last asset would complete just before the limit, and my last asset was the largest download that day. The Content Manager back then allowed me to pause and resume individual downloads, to rearrange the items in the download queue, and many other useful things that I would love to have back, things that "modern" versions of Content Manager no longer allow. With regard to that final download, I have no idea what happens with current software, though, as I am still on the one-month First Class Ticket that came with my purchase of Trainz22. (About 5 days left.) The bit about entering proper credentials sounds to me like the wrong error message, though.

I'm still having this error as of 10/11/2023. I did call my ISP today (10/11) and they confirmed that no FTP connections on my account were blocked, Port 21 was not blocked.. and there are no restrictions on my account... this is the last email reply I got from N3V support

Thank you for confirming this. Unfortunately this does indicate that your internet provider may be blocking the connections to our Download Station servers; we have seen a few cases of this recently, unfortunately there is no way for us to control if internet providers do this or not.

As such you will need to try contacting your internet provider to ensure that they are not blocking connections to our servers, and in particular to ensure that they are not blocking FTP download connections, and Port 21 (required for FTP connections).

I checked my firewall, AV settings, TS22 has full control and permissions, I even ran the app as "Admin" and I still can't get this to work. I recently switched from ATT to T-Mobile home internet, I never had this issue on ATT but I don't think it's the ISP. Does anyone out there have a fix for this?

Thanks in advance!
Is it possible to get it to work with T-Mobile internet?

Back