Config - HEIGHT RANGE parameter

manjoe

Still Learning
While placing some static airplanes on a layout, I noticed that some of the maximum altitude heights that they could be raised was '50'. However the 747 AIR ZATOBURGO, kuid 86311:75224, went well over that. In checking its' config file, I noticed this parameter:
"HEIGHT RANGE -100,2000". I checked a few other static airplanes that would not exceed 50, and this parameter was not included. I am guessing that 50 is some sort of TRS2004 default if an over-riding parameter is not included. I am very leary of changing config files, realizing one wrong space or one wrong period could easily destroy an object.

My question is three-fold:

Is this the parameter that allows maximizing the static airplane altitude height?

Is this parameter applicable to other OBJECT items (that are adjustable) as well?

I notice some objects ARE NOT height adjustable. Would this parameter allow those items to be height adjustable?

The line:
height-range -3000,3000
in the config file sets the range of vertical adjustment in meters from the 0 height baseboard. That is the maximum range Trainz allows as I understand it. This applies to all scenery objects including stuff like industry track.

Yes, dear manjoe, ;) my airline flies high. And it's only landing.:hehe:

As George states, this is the config.txt parameter to adjust it.

IMHO, all industry tracks (mine are) should be applied this parameter to allow them fit the terrain better since they are usually raised .10 from the ground level by default.

I put -100 in just in case Air Zatoburgo wanted to run diving business too :p

Take care,

Alberte :wave:

Last edited:
Hi Manjo
I always clone the object before I mess with the config files
Then if it did not work I just delete it.
Don

Hi Manjo
I always clone the object before I mess with the config files
Then if it did not work I just delete it.
Don

I obviously agree with that. By my not being a computer savvy person, I was scared to touch anything that was working. You know the old saying, "If it aint broke dont fix it!". I recall trying to work with a file in Trainz, when a pop-up message warned me of changing something.:eek: I am very satisfied with Trainz, and I dont want to tamper with it unnecessarily. Your advice is well warranted and deeply appreciated. Thanks a lot.:wave:

I might tackle changing some of the engine horn and whistle sounds even though they would not be prototypical. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
In my case, the quote is, "If it's not broke, I'll fix that!"
Thanks for the info. I always wondered how the height adjustment was controlled.

:cool: Claude

It's worth noting that if you make this change to an object, and then upload a map containing the object at a greater than default height, the new height will be maintained when anyone downloads the route.

Paul

Back