CM 3.6: T12 Clarification question

rmp090946

During my "learning process" I have the following questions: (1) In CM "installed" tab I've noticed some KUIDs status noted as "obsolete". However, using "view faulty dependencies" give no indication of errors nor do I have any observed errors using in Surveyor mode or elsewhere. I've searched on a few for updates (out of curiosity) without any results. Should I be concerned about the "obsolete" indicator? (2) In CM "installed" tab I've also noticed some KUIDs noted as "faulty dependency". Many are related to the "Murchison2" route I purchased and installed from Trainz. I have same basic question as in (1). Thanks in advance for your input. Bob

(1) In CM "installed" tab I've noticed some KUIDs status noted as "obsolete".

Obsolete doesn't mean 'faulty', it means there is a newer version.

In CM R/click the obsolete kuid & select 'view versions'.

Last edited:
Obsolete actually means a newer version of the asset is already installed.

Shane

Thanks very much, I did just now check (using a different sort option) and confirmed that many of the "obsolete" items also had an updated version installed at a later date. So, I'll assume that having both (or many) of the same items installed (ie: original, update1, update2, etc.) on my system does not present any problems. Or, should I delete (or disable) all previous installed versions except the most current? Thanks again, Bob.

it is possible to delete most of the obsolete assets, but you will not be able to delete built-in obsoletes - these can be disabled though.

Shane

With my 'Built In' obsolete assets, I mark them as 0 stars, then set the search criteria for 'Installed' to
show 'Local' - 'And Not' - '0 stars', this removes them from my 'Installed' list. I delete those that can be deleted.

Last edited:
With my 'Built In' obsolete assets, I mark them as 0 stars, then set the search criteria for 'Installed' to
show 'Local' - 'And Not' - '0 stars', this removes them from my 'Installed' list. I delete those that can be deleted.
It might be easier to skip the whole marking step. Just set a filter on "Location = Local", "built-in = false" and "obsolete = true".
Although deleting them is not needed, it saves a lot of HD space.

"Location = Local", "built-in = false" and "obsolete = true"

That would not do what I require, which is NOT to show the obsolete items when 'Installed' is selected. ;)

Back