Class 378 Capitalstar & London Overground Line

Yeah, I was looking at the 172 I like the look of that, I go past the line it runs on everyday.
Could I be a beta tester?? :)

Anyhow I'm going to start building the body for 378, uracco are you any good with gmax?

I hope they allow you to upload the 313 skin...

Cheers,
Snake

Last edited:
Sort of

Hi Snake
I OK with gmax but my mate usually helps me. Anyway 'Project 172' is on hold for a little while seeing as the PC I have it on is not currently with me as it is a family share. When finished with the LO 172 i am making a 172/1 in London Midland livery. let me know what you think of that

Uracco:)

Hi Snake
I OK with gmax but my mate usually helps me. Anyway 'Project 172' is on hold for a little while seeing as the PC I have it on is not currently with me as it is a family share. When finished with the LO 172 i am making a 172/1 in London Midland livery. let me know what you think of that

Uracco:)

Oh okay, does he know any good gmax tutorials?

and yeah that sounds good. :)

Snake

I don't know

Well to be honest his best mate is an IT expert so he gets info off him then gives it to me. By the way got bored and made a pretty bad LO InterCity 100. I called it that because it can go 100mph. It was only fictional but was loosely based on a the BR class 323 .
I am going to make a 172/1 seeing as you liked it. However it might not go on DLS because I have had problems with putting it online before
Uracco

Well to be honest his best mate is an IT expert so he gets info off him then gives it to me. By the way got bored and made a pretty bad LO InterCity 100. I called it that because it can go 100mph. It was only fictional but was loosely based on a the BR class 323 .
I am going to make a 172/1 seeing as you liked it. However it might not go on DLS because I have had problems with putting it online before
Uracco
:D Nice

Also I'm thinking of making a website, so we could do stuff for London Overground and then upload it to that website and have all the files on there and i could try and upload it on DLS for you... but like i said I could easily make a website for us...

Should we have our own forums?

EDIT: Would you want to make the Class 378? I could help you find the things you need... And could you take a picture of the Class 172 in trainz?

Thanks mate i am working on it. Doors do not open yet (apart from cab door) and the base livery white has only just been applyed

Would you like to use my incomplete 377 bodyshell as a basis?
MSO.jpg

Uracco

Ahh, I see why now, looking at your profile, the number 11 indicates your age, correct?
The reason why, is that some content maybe pulled from the Download Station if it infringes upon someone elses copyright. I'm guessing you've never touched GMAX/3D Studio Max, correct?
If you don't seek permission to upload work based on someone's else's content, then you could open yourself up for some legal problems. Just because its free, doesn't mean its copyright free, a lot of content on here is free, but you cannot modify it or redistribute it without permission of the author.

MSO.jpg

Hi WEN,

I wouldn't mind getting into making trainz.. could you help me out? (tutorials, a jump start or we both work on it?) I wanna try to make the Class 378 which runs on the London Overground (i'm sure you know this..) Let me know mate.

also, if you haven't seen the first few posts... could you help me with your class 477 I'm missing this Unknown Location: <kuid:30051:50012> I've downloaded everything on your site and still no luck... what you think is wrong? thanks :)

Thanks,
Snake
Sorry for just throwing questions at you.... Hope you don't mind..
Thanks again.

Last edited:
Just because its free, doesn't mean its copyright free, a lot of content on here is free, but you cannot modify it or redistribute it without permission of the author.

Which is why I find myself with a nice LO liveried 313/5 set which I can't upload. Still waiting to hear from uky901y and zxr400 with relevant permission...

Which is why I find myself with a nice LO liveried 313/5 set which I can't upload. Still waiting to hear from uky901y and zxr400 with relevant permission...
I think you will find that you only need permission from zxr400, however, I maybe wrong. Thats if my memory serves me correctly, although, it looks like I lost some of it while I had some follicles of red hair removed while I was fixing the exhaust on my car... ouch.

Hi WEN,

I wouldn't mind getting into making trainz.. could you help me out? (tutorials, a jump start or we both work on it?) I wanna try to make the Class 378 which runs on the London Overground (i'm sure you know this..) Let me know mate.

also, if you haven't seen the first few posts... could you help me with your class 477 I'm missing this Unknown Location: <kuid:30051:50012> I've downloaded everything on your site and still no luck... what you think is wrong? thanks :)

Thanks,
Snake
Sorry for just throwing questions at you.... Hope you don't mind..
Thanks again.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond, owning a 14 year old car is taking up a lot of my time at the moment, especially that dreaded swearword which I have now fixed the remaining problem, the hole in the exhaust (it was only small, but god! It was loud!) I wait until I start seeing rust holes though, that will worry me, since its a weld job. It shouldn't be a bit like swiss cheese as at least the workers stayed in the factory, just that they give no warning when they want to strike though. Well, the car only was manufactured the other side of the channel. :) And also, the dreaded uni work is taking up a lot of my time, I am suppose to b e working on a Networker for my final year project.... I've not even started the body shell yet.

50012 should be here: http://192.168.1.18/files/Components/DellnerCoupling.cdp

Tutorials I cannot do although I started one, at least not until May, as that is how much work I have. :-O Its all computer games related, so I am not going to disappear from the forums, I do keep check where possible. One point I will say in GMAX, you don't learn from other people, you learn by developing a method, go and try and put a box down, a cylinder down, etc and see how far you get.

And yes, I do know what a 378 is, I've been on one, in fact, up until recently, I was on their sisters, the 377s except they got replaced by 313s which of all the places, came from you lot!

I think you will find that you only need permission from zxr400, however, I maybe wrong. Thats if my memory serves me correctly, although, it looks like I lost some of it while I had some follicles of red hair removed while I was fixing the exhaust on my car... ouch.

Hehe. Hope that didn't smart too much! I'll keep my fingers crossed I hear back from zxr400.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond, owning a 14 year old car is taking up a lot of my time at the moment, especially that dreaded swearword which I have now fixed the remaining problem, the hole in the exhaust (it was only small, but god! It was loud!) I wait until I start seeing rust holes though, that will worry me, since its a weld job. It shouldn't be a bit like swiss cheese as at least the workers stayed in the factory, just that they give no warning when they want to strike though. Well, the car only was manufactured the other side of the channel. :) And also, the dreaded uni work is taking up a lot of my time, I am suppose to b e working on a Networker for my final year project.... I've not even started the body shell yet.

50012 should be here: http://192.168.1.18/files/Components/DellnerCoupling.cdp

Tutorials I cannot do although I started one, at least not until May, as that is how much work I have. :-O Its all computer games related, so I am not going to disappear from the forums, I do keep check where possible. One point I will say in GMAX, you don't learn from other people, you learn by developing a method, go and try and put a box down, a cylinder down, etc and see how far you get.

And yes, I do know what a 378 is, I've been on one, in fact, up until recently, I was on their sisters, the 377s except they got replaced by 313s which of all the places, came from you lot!
It's cool dude. I'm going to start driving lessons soon, not sure when though...

I've tried to download the file but all i get is a server time out error... :(

and okay mate, I'll play about with it then :)

Thanks for the info :)
Snake

EDIT: Could I play about with that body you showed a pic of? Please... (Angel face)

It's cool dude. I'm going to start driving lessons soon, not sure when though...

I've tried to download the file but all i get is a server time out error... :(

and okay mate, I'll play about with it then :)

Thanks for the info :)
Snake

EDIT: Could I play about with that body you showed a pic of? Please... (Angel face)

Oh? What car do you plan to get afterwards? I passed my test in 2009 (first time!!! But I did spend 1 year and 5 months as a Learner.
For me, I wanted a 2.2L MK3 Renault Grand Espace (diesel), yet I ended up with a Mk1 Renault Clio 1.2 of nearly the same year, so I am vaguely in the right direction. Just that air conditioning would be really nice after last year, because the car is dark blue and with both side windows down and the sunroof open while spotting the Lymington Slammer, the person I was with and I just cooked.

For the file, this is the problem, its on my webserver at home, trouble is, I can access it from my desktop on that IP address, otherwise I need to change it, which I sometimes forget to do. http://81.6.245.27/files/Components/DellnerCoupling.cdp

For the body shell, if you send me your email address, I'll try and send it out when possible.

Oh? What car do you plan to get afterwards? I passed my test in 2009 (first time!!! But I did spend 1 year and 5 months as a Learner.
For me, I wanted a 2.2L MK3 Renault Grand Espace (diesel), yet I ended up with a Mk1 Renault Clio 1.2 of nearly the same year, so I am vaguely in the right direction. Just that air conditioning would be really nice after last year, because the car is dark blue and with both side windows down and the sunroof open while spotting the Lymington Slammer, the person I was with and I just cooked.

For the file, this is the problem, its on my webserver at home, trouble is, I can access it from my desktop on that IP address, otherwise I need to change it, which I sometimes forget to do. http://81.6.245.27/files/Components/DellnerCoupling.cdp

For the body shell, if you send me your email address, I'll try and send it out when possible.
I'm not sure myself yet, but all I know is that I'll be getting a cheap car lol

Thanks, I downloaded the file this time :)

I'll PM you :)

MSO.jpg

I'm making Crossrail, how it would have looked in the summer of 2010, if the BR plans had gone through parliment back in 1994, some 378s and some bombardier stuff would be extremely useful. I'm also looking for content creators and reskinners willing to make some and (reskin some) EMUs for me. For details and the list of what EMUs that need creating please contact me vie the PMs on the forum and I should respond.

Cheers Karl

I'm not sure myself yet, but all I know is that I'll be getting a cheap car lol

Thanks, I downloaded the file this time :)

I'll PM you :)

Good luck, the scrappage scheme made sure that cheap cars are hard to come by. A decent one now weighs in at twice the cost than during the scrappage scheme. My clio cost me £350, but thats what my sister offered me (it was going to be £450 after purchasing it herself for £500). 7,000 miles later and its still going and passed its MOT.

Good luck, the scrappage scheme made sure that cheap cars are hard to come by. A decent one now weighs in at twice the cost than during the scrappage scheme. My clio cost me £350, but thats what my sister offered me (it was going to be £450 after purchasing it herself for £500). 7,000 miles later and its still going and passed its MOT.
Oh really? Damn.. well I have been on the look out for the past few months and found that most of the cars I've seen are about £500+ (I just only thought of that lol)
Wow that's a good car!

To anyone:
I'm going to start making a few UK stations of my own... In Sketchup Pro then export it to gmax...

Does anyone know the normal height of platforms?

EDIT: Never mind I found out the height :)

Last edited:
Oh really? Damn.. well I have been on the look out for the past few months and found that most of the cars I've seen are about £500+ (I just only thought of that lol)
Wow that's a good car!

Does anyone know the normal height of platforms?

EDIT: Never mind I found out the height :)

IT is for the price I paid. No air conditioning, no air recirculation, no power steering, no ABS, no traction control, had no tacometer and temp sensor (Its got those now and an oil gauge as I changed the dashboard), no electric windows, manual sunroof, 13" steelies, 1149cc engine thats multipoint fuel injection.

It does have a radio, a 3 speed blower and everything else you'd expect. Its also got a diagnostics port for a computer. I just wish I could get a car with air conditioning, after last summer.

As for platforms, 1.3m is about right, roughly, newer platforms are slightly higher, due to the disiblity discrimination act (RVAR) while older platforms maybe as low as 1ft!! And yes, there is a place that you have to board via steps, 2 feet worth.

Last edited:
Back