Check out this NEW TRIAN SIMULATOR

Oh, oh! If the pics are a harbinger of things to come, look out! Then again there's frame rates, operability, routes worth spending time with, and a host of other considerations. Could be worth it just for the screen shots. :)

Check out This NEW AND BETTER TRAIN SIMULATOR (Msts 2 in production)
www.tsinsider.com

Ugh, I hated it off of the first screen looks like a picture and it was blasted on the with no work at all? Can't they Render!?!?!

Secnery was good. (Did i spell that right?)

Damn we need more sporbusts, Anyone got a clone making divice?

EA... ............................etc. releases unfinished and buggy games, abuses their customers, milks titles for all their worth....

I could go on for hours, but as bad as Auran might be, they'll never be as horrid as EA.

If you change the word games to programs, You just described M$.

The risk Auran is running is driving away the casual Train simulator user to MS or EA. TRS2006 was prematurely rushed out then the faults had to be corrected with an update. CMP still marks assets as faulty for minor reasons such as "the tag 'color' is not permitted within this container" etc. TRS2006 had a lot of builtin content but apart from that really isn't that much different than 2004, and more hassles. I won't be changing from Auran because I've put a lot of time in building routes and that's the best feature of Auran.

I think it all depends on how you enjoy using a railroad simulator.
  • If you enjoy route building or content creating, then Auran comes out way ahead of the competition.
  • If you like realistic driving, then other simulations seem to have a lot to offer.
  • AI and railroad management, also seems OK with Auran, but I haven't studied other sim's in depth (except a very old simulation by Maxis called E-Train, which if my memory serves me correctly, was in the days of the Commodore64) so besides that, I can't really comment on AI/Rail Management.
One thing in Auran's favour, is that they have all three. OK some of the items have room for improvement, but, as I enjoy route building I can see me sticking to Auran for the foreseeable future.
Cheers
Pete

I have been away for a while but I cannot see that anyone could say that EA is 'better' than Auran. Auran has a fine product and publishes as well as possible. I really think that it is at least the equal of EA and, possibly, rather better. But, then, that is just my opinion.
Philip

I have been away for a while but I cannot see that anyone could say that EA is 'better' than Auran. Auran has a fine product and publishes as well as possible. I really think that it is at least the equal of EA and, possibly, rather better. But, then, that is just my opinion.
Philip
I don't think anyone is Phillip, its more the areas that one sim excels vs the other.

An obvious example is that of the "Tyne Yard" which very obviously has more than the 9 odd tracks portrayed in the DLS version (Yorkshire ptX, no demeaning intent to the TRS Author, promise :wave: ) but if he'd laid anymore track then TRS would have stopped dead in a "Drivers" mode. In RS, this runs "normally" with no apparent degredation in frame rate, and adding stock also, no degredation, and there are 70+ odd tracks!!.

On the other hand, to create the area in the first place "is something else" in RS, but in TRS is relatively no problem. Auran wins hands down.

Really it all depends upon the role you'd like to play, (these are games after all), I prefer the driving role, so for me this (with reservation) satisfies my demand. But if you like the creation side of things, then atm, stay with Auran as thier Route creation is far easier.

Whilst RS certainly has it's problems atm, no one can say that Auran has a clean sheet!!

Chris

Last edited:
I hear one of the users has written a program to allow you to delete custom routes now so it's getting better... Makes me wonder what else they forgot to do though.

Paul

The First Valenta HSTs have the MTU motors sounds (Dreadful!), and should have the correst sounds and i think a Bombardier Turbostar, some BREL sprinters should be introduced to go with the ABB Turbostars and a few more HST liveries Sponser or not!

Last edited:
All new games will have bugs to some extent, for me it depends on what I want the Sim for, If I get the route building bug then it is TRS, I like the fact you start with nothing and place everything from the tracks down to the trash can and platform seats, on the other hand when I want to just load up and drive then it is BVE or I find the coffee coaster with MSTS on it.

All in all it is the users desire at the time that dictate what is in favour at that said time, If you go to the forums of the other sims I can bet you will find plenty of posts saying that TRS is awkward, buggy and useless, yet we are all still here, TRS also has alot of members who have been here many years and have improved their skills many times over in that time to help improve the game and our enjoyment of the game also.

TRS has more community input than any other games that I have seen because of the ease of its use, with or without the bugs (remember when Trainz Objects was released, oh how we would have struggled without it!!!)

Tigger

I am great stalwart for Trainz due to it's ease of use, the DLS and these Forums. I don't want to be a rocket scientist to build routes and for the vast average users that's really fine. Indeed I have just delayed a meal with an attractive lady frined who thinks I am wonderful (why should I disagree with the obvious?) to get a particular bit done.Such is the wonder, sheer pleasure and easy build of Trainz. Controlling Trainz is also easier.......Q!

Buy it, use it, and then come back and say that ;)

Mike.
Took your advice . Borrowed it,Tried it Binned it. To begin and read a 16 repeat 16 page manual, printed on a blue background in miniscule black letters, one needs to have 6/6 [perfect] eyesight and a good magnifying glass. Just imagine all the info you can get on 16 pages. NOT A LOT.It would appear that EA have tried to make it as complicated as possible. As for making your own routes, I tried for close on an hour to lay track without success.
Having said this , on the plus side, the 4 routes are very good, and the HSTcab is more like the real one than Aurans,and the Black 5 cab is superior to any steam cabs by Auran or Downloads.
Taking everything into account I`ll stick with AURAN

Harry Failem

Took your advice . Borrowed it,Tried it Binned it. To begin and read a 16 repeat 16 page manual, printed on a blue background in miniscule black letters, one needs to have 6/6 [perfect] eyesight and a good magnifying glass. Just imagine all the info you can get on 16 pages. NOT A LOT.It would appear that EA have tried to make it as complicated as possible. As for making your own routes, I tried for close on an hour to lay track without success.
Having said this , on the plus side, the 4 routes are very good, and the HSTcab is more like the real one than Aurans,and the Black 5 cab is superior to any steam cabs by Auran or Downloads.
Taking everything into account I`ll stick with AURAN

Harry Failem

Hi
As I, and others have said in this thread. It's how you enjoy railroad simulations that decides what's best for the end user.
Driving, Railroad Managing or Route Building.
My preference is Route Building, and Auran is defenetley the market leader where that's concerned.
Cheers
Pete.

........ To begin and read a 16 repeat 16 page manual, printed on a blue background in miniscule black letters, one needs to have 6/6 [perfect] eyesight and a good magnifying glass. Just imagine all the info you can get on 16 pages. NOT A LOT.
Harry Failem
That is because you obviously didn't look for the two .pdf's that reside with the basic game not to mention the other 34 that download with the DevTools.

Chris

PS Hi Pete!

Hello, All -

I've just downloaded and and installed the fabled Rail Sim demo. I'm very pleased that I did because my first impression of the game is very positive.

I'm a big fan of TRS and I'm certainly not going to turn my back on it. Having said that, there are aspects of Rail Sim which are clearly better.

The locos, alone, are far superior to anything you'll find in TRS. The quality of the models coupled with the excellent textures and lighting are a real treat for the eye. (It's also worth noting that Kuju appeared to have nailed the steam sound very well too!)

The locos also feel more real. Whenever I sit in the cab of a TRS loco I feel like I'm travelling around a miniature landscape - almost as if I'm sat in a model train! The Rail Sim world is far more realistic. What's more, the rolling stock appears to have far more "weight".

Frame rates were also impressive. I've got a pretty powerful machine, which often stutters under the weight of complex TRS layouts - but not in Rail Sim.

If you're into layout building and want an easily accessible, lightweight sim that you can dip in and out of, TRS is the game for you. If, on the other hand, you want something a bit more demanding - that also looks absolutely gorgeous - you'd have to be plain ignorant to not want to give Rail Sim a closer look.

:)

Perchpole

Back