Check out this NEW TRIAN SIMULATOR

We're not the only Trainz folks that are talking about another train sim. Auran is too. And they're enjoying this thread much more than any of us realize. Just ask them! It comes under the category of - What's everyone saying about our competition?

Been ther , done that.

I own MSTS 1 . You need a doctors degree to build routes. Viva Trainz. Easy to build routes. Easy to use. Maybe not to the "standard" of the others. BUT, I would rather stick to something that is easy to one I need a doctors degree. Keep up the good work guys.
:cool: :udrool: :D :) ;) :p

I appreciate the fact that everyone choses a certain simulator for their own reasons, but I cannot stress enough that Trainz has some advantages in the sheer amount of content that has been created, that works , or can BE MADE TO WORK, in almost all versions available. Config files and physics can be tweaked to add more "weight", or less, if that is your idea of a better engine.

I really think that basically, most of the preferences for one piece of software or another comes down to how the user percieves the graphics quality of the program, and how the software produces the ever disputed FPS.

I don't think the wealth of content now available for MSTS will work in MSTS 2, and the KRS program does not equal the diversity of Trainz, and will not for a while.

Ed

:eek: Just a little "heads up" for you; I know this is hard for you to believe, but we actually know about these other simulators already. If you had taken the time to read our other forums, instead of just posting your "ha, in your face" thread, you would have known that. You would then know that we have the same internet access that you have, that we have seen, discussed, and continue to discuss the merits and disadvantages of the very programs you seem to be promoting. Trainz has never been, and will never be the only Train Simulator available.:eek:

Ed

I Agree with Ed. I not sure why this thread is here in MoW support TRS2006. Nothing wrong with it regarding the content or the discussion. It just seems to belong in the forum "Prototype Talk" or "Trainz Community". Alas this thread has been here since November 20th 2007. I guess this is the place to discuss such matters.:confused:

Y'know, possibly the dumbest part of this whole thread is that it's in the TRS2006 support forum instead of oh say the general trainz forum (welcome back!).

That being said, I tested Kuju's Railsim (EA can plaster their name on it all they want, I know who made it!) and it was cool, fun, yay, maybe go for this instead of TRS, oh wait, my Deltic (Class 55) is suddenly taking all my attention, I can't stop it, it won't respond to anything and is starting to lag, why can't I get back to my other trains, it's not derailed because it's still following the rails perfectly, oh forget this game back to TRS.

That being said, I tested Kuju's Railsim (EA can plaster their name on it all they want, I know who made it!) and it was cool, fun, yay, maybe go for this instead of TRS, oh wait, my Deltic (Class 55) is suddenly taking all my attention, I can't stop it, it won't respond to anything and is starting to lag, why can't I get back to my other trains, it's not derailed because it's still following the rails perfectly, oh forget this game back to TRS.

Wuh?

:confused:

Perch

Ed's right.

Yeah...I was playing Kuju's sim. I told my Deltic Class 55 to stop, then moved over to an HST. Next thing I know, my camera's revolving around the Deltic and I can't get it to stop or go anywhere else or anything.

Not ever going back to THAT sim.

Did you click on the screen and then try to stop the locomotive?

That offeren (Don't think i had spelt that right) happens with the games on the internet.:)

About the Kuju demo and MS train sim: I was really disappointed with the demo because it didn't really show any passengers when you loaded at a sation and you couldn't really try out if the turnable really worked. I think it doesn't really show the selling point of the game.

I am going to try other simulators before I'm going to get hooked.

Last edited:
I only go back to MTS very rarely on another pc and only then for a Northern Irish route I happen to like. Making a route is impossible for the ordinary Joe like me and Trainz has been a great filip to me so that I can build what I want. There may be all sorts of techy arguments about phsyics, etc but for ease and capability of use/build I am a Trainzer fan who can't be taken from my capture..

Ive seen them trying to put North American content on there for its US release in January 08. Wonder how it works, maybe Ill try it out.

New American content by KUJU...

ES44_newliv_01.jpg

ES44_Cab02.jpg

SD40_01.jpg

I wasted my money on UK version of KRS. I wanted to buy US version of KRS but it won't be released until next month but I have a Christmas - New Year vacation and I needed to keep myself busy.

Seems to me the lads and lasses here from the community do a better job with the locos than that. :)

Cheers

AJ

The thing is though. That is the default content... No offense, but it stomps the crap out of what came with TRS.

Only time will tell on what sim will prevail...

Steve

Don't forget a lot of the earlier Auran default content (that was carried forward to later versions) was built to run on a 400Mhz processor with a 16MB graphics card. It is a bit different now with 3Ghz Quad-core processors and 768MB graphics cards available.

Mike.

Back