Changing train direction and moving driver to new lead engine

mikecnorthwest

In drive sessions when I move the power set around the consist to change direction I can't seem to move my engineer. I know that I need to reverse the train's logical direction, but when I click to have the driver leave train and put the driver in the new lead engine, it doesn't work. The driver stays in the old lead engine. But when I go to cab view I am in the correct new lead engine. Specifically this is happening in Centrella Subdivision, TRS22 on a Mac desktop. Also, when I open the driver tab it shows the driver assigned to the new lead engine. So everything seems to work other than the driver physically moving to the new lead engine.

Have you tried adding Change Train Direction to your list of driver commands and using that as an AI instruction?

I am trying to use Change Train Direction but it does not change to the new lead engine when running double-headed. The driver changes cabs, but you end up looking at the rear of the lead engine.

I also am using TR22 on a Mac desktop. Is this an issue specific to Mac?

I am trying to use Change Train Direction but it does not change to the new lead engine when running double-headed. The driver changes cabs, but you end up looking at the rear of the lead engine.

I also am using TR22 on a Mac desktop. Is this an issue specific to Mac?
The issue isn't Mac specific. It's one of the quirks, I guess. There's a move to train driver command that might help.

My thought on how this can work is:

Train pulls into passenger terminal.
Wait 20 seconds.
Change train direction.
Wait 20 seconds.
Move to train.

You will have to specify which train.

Insert the rest of the schedule to continue on to wherever the train is supposed to go.
If the train goes to another stub ended terminal, then you'll have to repeat the same commands.

I am going on memory regarding the Move to Train command because it's been literally a decade or more since I used it last.

Thanks for that. However, while the logic is correct, when I try to set up Move to Train to change to the other loco (Train 10 to Train 11), the only option given is Train 10 (I am testing this on an empty track so the only engines are the 2 double heading).

I have found a work around - if I uncouple the lead loco (Train 10), run it into the stub end, move the driver using Move to Train to the remaining loco (Train 11), then couple Train 11 to Train 10, Change Train Direction, then the driver is in the correct cab.

I have found a work around - if I uncouple the lead loco (Train 10), run it into the stub end, move the driver using Move to Train to the remaining loco (Train 11), then couple Train 11 to Train 10, Change Train Direction, then the driver is in the correct cab.
I like your workaround. I'll remember that for the future.

The issue isn't Mac specific. It's one of the quirks, I guess. There's a move to train driver command that might help.

My thought on how this can work is:

Train pulls into passenger terminal.
Wait 20 seconds.
Change train direction.
Wait 20 seconds.
Move to train.

You will have to specify which train.

Insert the rest of the schedule to continue on to wherever the train is supposed to go.
If the train goes to another stub ended terminal, then you'll have to repeat the same commands.

I am going on memory regarding the Move to Train command because it's been literally a decade or more since I used it last.

Thanks for that. However, while the logic is correct, when I try to set up Move to Train to change to the other loco (Train 10 to Train 11), the only option given is Train 10 (I am testing this on an empty track so the only engines are the 2 double heading).

Back