Central Portal Control Erratic Performance

boleyd

Problem: Train does not emit - most of the time. Sometimes it does, using the same instructions. The train emits, drives to a trackmark, uncouples and returns to the portal.. This simple sequence rarely works. The train may not emit, It may emit but stall after leaving he portal. A few times it will complete dropping the consist at a siding and returning to the portal. Rerun and a variety of odd circumstances seem to occur. Is this my environment or is the Central Portal Control (CPC) faulty?

Problem: Train does not emit - most of the time. Sometimes it does, using the same instructions. The train emits, drives to a trackmark, uncouples and returns to the portal.. This simple sequence rarely works. The train may not emit, It may emit but stall after leaving he portal. A few times it will complete dropping the consist at a siding and returning to the portal. Rerun and a variety of odd circumstances seem to occur. Is this my environment or is the Central Portal Control (CPC) faulty?
did you hit the pause button at all during the session, doing so will screw up the portals i am finding this out more and more when i run a session. let the session run and if you have to walk away for some reason DON'T hit pause let the session run..

Problems continued. However, I will just adapt to the odd behavior and cease seeking a solution. It is probably some combination of steps so this is a closed item. Thanks for the help.....

did you hit the pause button at all during the session, doing so will screw up the portals i am finding this out more and more when i run a session. let the session run and if you have to walk away for some reason DON'T hit pause let the session run..

Retrorails12
See my post in the thread linked above (post #3) - I run philskenes Port Zyd a lot. It uses an emitting portal and a consuming portal to run constant traffic on a main. When I restart a saved session the Portal/CPC does not emit but if I do a CPC rule reset (session commands) it's starts up every time. I've gotten where I just open the session on launch, reset the single CPC rule, and then go to "Driver." I also experimented by triggering the emit when the previous emitted train hits a certain trackmark. Result was the same. A CPC reset was needed when launching a saved session. Anyway- here, at least, the reset works every time and the portal emits fine throughout the current session. That's my experience here anyway. It's been that way for a long, long, time in '19 and '22. I described the issue several times back in beta threads when beta's were released. No action was ever taken by the devs. Hope that helps.

Retrorails12
See my post in the thread linked above (post #3) - I run philskenes Port Zyd a lot. It uses an emitting portal and a consuming portal to run constant traffic on a main. When I restart a saved session the Portal/CPC does not emit but if I do a CPC rule reset (session commands) it's starts up every time. I've gotten where I just open the session on launch, reset the single CPC rule, and then go to "Driver." I also experimented by triggering the emit when the previous emitted train hits a certain trackmark. Result was the same. A CPC reset was needed when launching a saved session. Anyway- here, at least, the reset works every time and the portal emits fine throughout the current session. That's my experience here anyway. It's been that way for a long, long, time in '19 and '22. I described the issue several times back in beta threads when beta's were released. No action was ever taken by the devs. Hope that helps.
i have had it with Regular portals as well

Back