CDP Explorer error, won't export individual assets

neilkitt

Long Live the Dash 8
I recently got a new PC to run TRS19, and have been moving content by creating large CDPs of modified content and transferring them between computers. Previously on the old computer (a Mac) I was able to use CDP Explorer to divide up CDP files too large to import into Trainz, but when I tried to do the same on the PC (Extract as CDP) the program showed an error reading:

"The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

It persists after quitting/reopening, computer restart, and when no other apps are open as far as I can tell. I can't figure out what it could be stuck on (I don't know much about code) and on the Mac this never happened. On there I used WineBottler to make it .app instead of .exe so the Mac could run it. Could that have anything to do with the error not appearing?

Any help appreciated.

Start by excluding Trainz folders and files-types from your antivirus real-time scanning.

Right-click on the CDP-Explorer and choose Run as Administrator and see if that helps. CDP-Explorer is an older application and has issues with Windows 10.

I doubt the winbottler has anything to do with it. Try another CDP, a small test one, any one for that matter, and see if it works there.

Thanks for the help, got it working with a smaller test file. Looks like CDP's have to stay under 4 GB - it worked fine with anything below that.

Back