Can't intall simulator 2010

Have look at D drive, there is a file there something like setup.exe, click that to start installing

And welcome to the forums and Trainz !!

Aye, welcome to the forums, and post again if you are still have trouble, (i don't see the 2010 next to your name yet).

Thanks for responding. The info I can find is this,
Dell Demension 3000 win. XP, Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.40GHz 2.39GHz 512MB of ram. Hope this will help.

First, your memory is well below minimum. If you can get Trainz to run or even install, it won't work well. Second, if you do have a CD-nly reader, you won't even be able to read the DVD discs on which TS2010 is packaged. Much if not most physical disk media used for distributing games is DVD and has been for the last 5 years or so; your computer could very well be of an age before DVD drives were standard. And you don't say what kind of video card you have. Put another way, you need to at least upgrade the drive and the memory, and maybe the video card as well. Even then, you probably will have to run at reduced settings or accept very mediocre performance. Good luck and there are lots of people here willing to help as best as we can.

It is said that computer power doubles every six months so go figure..that's some old computer.
My best advice is to either get a more powerful computer or to see if it's possible to run an earlier version of Trainz.
Anyway, even if you can get it to run, you'll have to get a detachable DVD-ROM drive.

Me too...kinda

I too got Trainz for xmas. Sim 2010 Engineers Edition Deluxe. I really had no trouble installing, but then I tried to do the patch. The files DL'ed, but I got an error saying it could not open the DL'ed file...paraphrasing here. Also, I tried to run one of the senarios and the controls worked at first and then went haywire. Throttle had a mind of it's own and would not go to stop. I'm running an AMD 64 bit Quad with 6 Gig and a Radeon 4870 X2. Have had no problems before. Any hints will be much appreciated.

I too got Trainz for xmas. Sim 2010 Engineers Edition Deluxe. I really had no trouble installing, but then I tried to do the patch. The files DL'ed, but I got an error saying it could not open the DL'ed file...paraphrasing here. Also, I tried to run one of the senarios and the controls worked at first and then went haywire. Throttle had a mind of it's own and would not go to stop. I'm running an AMD 64 bit Quad with 6 Gig and a Radeon 4870 X2. Have had no problems before. Any hints will be much appreciated.

As for the patch, try redownloading, maybe the download is corrupt or didn't complete. As for the scenario, which one? Some scenarios are command-based - you issue a command to drive here or there and it does, like ATO.

Oh, BTW, on patches - be sure you want to patch. For one, it can take hours, and your computer may appear to have locked up even though it hasn't. Also, SP2, SP3 and the 44088 patch each introduced new bugs while fixing old ones, so be forewarned.

Back