CAN YOU TURN OFF THE INTERNET CONNECTION WHEN TRAINZ STARTS UP????

hyper_kameo

When you load trainz either through that main shortcut / icon / CMP is there a way that you can turn off the need to connect to trainz web site and details screen that comes up ?? (you know that info in left crn "news crap")

Mine loads to the pictures before this screen and then stalls and have to close it down "not responding" its pis sin g me off.

If i unplug my cable from router it goes str8 to the main screen with out any problems at all.

This is some thing i do not want to have to keep doing.

If you cant then hopefully in yet again another patch they can change it.

Hello,

I'm pleased (but not happy) to hear somebody mention this subject.

I have recently gone through a horror show with both Trainz 2006 and Classics 1&2 dialing out all the time, even from within Driver and Surveyor. It started only after I had installed Classics 1&2 and had run both for a few days. The CMP downloads were working very well. (for a short while).

I have disconnected my main computer from the Internet now, possibly permenently. If I would ask ALL software producers for one favor, it would be please, no more automatically dialing out unless I absolutely, manually choose to do it!

One person here told me to delete my personal information in the preferences section. That didn't stop it. There is a selection in Classics 1&2 to not automatically update the database ... That did not work!

I must say that these are two very new builds of the program 2006 (3335) and an even higher number, 2.7 (3368) for Trainz 1&2. I hope they did not stick any new dialing features in these ....Actually they did in the Classics 1&2.

And even my firewall could not stop them going to my desktop dialer (time after time, crashing the Trainz programs).

I'll shut up now. I dislike being negetive ...it might have been a virus or something. Who knows? Good Luck Hyper_Cameo. Bob P.

I would like to support the petition to add an "do not phone home" button in TS2009. There is no reason for the simulator to connect to the internet when I want to run the Niddertalbahn.

( I am aware that I can switch it off outside the simulator, but that shouldn't be needed )

Bob P.

I don't know of any thing in TRS2006 and TC other than CMP that tries to make an Internet connection. Are you starting Driver or Surveyor directly without running CMP? It really sounds like you have something else going on.
So many programs these days try to check for online updates. Maybe it is one of them.

As for TS2009, only the betas required an Internet connection to start. Trainz does not "phone home" like many games for copy protection. In game access to the DLS and chat is an important part of TS2009. It will also be needed for the rumored multi-player version if and when it comes out.

William

As for TS2009, only the betas required an Internet connection to start. Trainz does not "phone home" like many games for copy protection. In game access to the DLS and chat is an important part of TS2009. It will also be needed for the rumored multi-player version if and when it comes out.

it updates the news section within the main screen when you initially open trs09, which is what theyre referring to.

Bob P.

William

It is only important when I want to use it. At the moment I don't have a "choice" and I do want to be in control when a program connects ( besides the firewall and connection cable ). For me the way TS2009 "needs" a connection at the moment is similar to "phoning home".

The multi-player is scheduled for TS-X and not TS2009. Don't listen to rumours.

As far as my Trainz dialing problems, yes they started doing it even when I went straight in to Driver or Surveyor. (not running CMP before)

Classics 1&2 has an added feature on the screen before you load the route. "There are assests (or dependencies) missing, Would you like to download them now". This is not the CMP asking, it is the main program.

My firewall always told me it was Trainz.exe that wanted to go online. (I also noticed a heck of a lot of attempts by "spooler subsystem" or, something like that. Crazy numbers, like 1181 times spooler tried to go online. I looked it up as a possible virus?, and got no solid answer. It is part of Windows they say. I swear it is for the printer.

Under AVG antivirus, no viruses were found ...

All this happened again, with Trainz after a complete format I did. (not a quick one). That's the kind of stuff that makes a person go crazy! I mean, if it was a virus, how does it remember you after a full format?

Anyhow, I'm offline with my main computer now.
Hyper_Cameo (above) has a different problem, so we should stick to his.

Thanks to all. Bob P.

Try this:

Go into either a Driver or Surveyor session, click the Main Menu in upper left corner, and select Options. In the drop-down box, on the left side select Global Interface options. On the right there will be a box for Trainz iChat, make sure that is un-checked.

A couple weeks ago I was battling this headache, and thats one of the things I did. I haven't had a problem since, but I don't know if thats what fixed it or not.

Its nice to see others with a view on this topic and or having the same problem.

I will give your suggestion a go wmmeyer and see how it goes.

...just lead the horse into the desert & let him die...?...then beat the dead horse?

:cool: Your all missing the point....!

It is a drop-dead deal breaker that TRS is actually designed to log-in...

Begin:
? 00001BE4 Warn 0:12.6 Trainz : InterfaceTextDB> failed to load compiled interfacetext file
? 00001414 Warn 0:14.2 Trainz : DownloadTask::DoPlanetAuranLogin> logging in to planet auran
? 00001BE4 Warn 0:14.8 Trainz : ScriptLog> Could not resolve native link $KUID[]@TrainzScriptBase::SearchAssets(string,bool)
? 00001F24 Warn 0:17.0 Trainz : DownloadTask::DoPlanetAuranLogin> logging in to planet auran
? 00001BE4 Warn 1:20.2 Trainz : TrainzBaseSpec::GetGSClass> Could not load Trainz library MultipleIndustry.gsl for 'local/hash-54/content ufg2vb822949 <kuid2:35815:26206:2>'
? 00001BE4 Warn 1:26.7 Trainz : TrainCarSpec::precacheMesh> Train data was not cached for 'content p8fl580e127' - could not load mesh.
? 00001BE4 Warn 2:01.0 Trainz : WorldState::NativeLog> DriverCommands.SetProperties> requested driver command was not available, creating <kuid2:86105:60577:2>
? 00001BE4 Warn 2:02.4 Trainz : WorldState::NativeLog> DriverCommands.SetProperties> requested driver command was not available, creating <kuid:-3:10090>
? 00001BE4 Warn 2:02.6 Trainz : WorldState::NativeLog> DriverCommands.SetProperties> requested driver command was not available, creating <kuid:-3:10209>
? 00001BE4 Warn 2:02.9 Trainz : WorldState::NativeLog> DriverCommands.SetProperties> requested driver command was not available, creating <kuid:-3:10058>
? 00001BE4 Warn 2:03.2 Trainz : WorldState::NativeLog> DriverCommands.SetProperties> requested driver command was not available, creating <kuid:-3:10149>
? 00001BE4 Warn 2:03.5 Trainz : WorldState::NativeLog> DriverCommands.SetProperties> requested driver command was not available, creating <kuid:-3:10081>
? 00001BE4 Warn 2:03.8 Trainz : WorldState::NativeLog> DriverCommands.SetProperties> requested driver command was not available, creating <kuid:-3:10083>
? 00001BE4 Warn 2:04.0 Trainz : WorldState::NativeLog> DriverCommandRule.SetProperties> 20 commands loaded
? 00001BE4 Warn 2:04.0 Trainz : WorldState::NativeLog> DriverCommandRule.CreateCommandsNow> 7 commands removed.

I cannot tell you why login is needed, or actually what it does. I would hope that the info:
? 00001BE4 Warn 2:02.4 Trainz : WorldState::NativeLog> DriverCommands.SetProperties> requested driver command was not available, creating <kuid:-3:10090>
Is uploaded because the kuid is default built-in content!

I can tell you your problem is how the game is installed.

I never have the problems you have posted...ever...

I learned how to

• Configure the Internet Firewall in Norton 360
  • Allow Planet Auran connections in Internet Explorer for Trains as well as CMP & CM2
  • Have a First Class Ticket
  • Configure CMP CM2 & CCP for uninterrupted work in Windows Vista Prem
  • Save time connecting with the Auran Community by using the Auran Trainz Simulator 2009 Forums
  • Would make sure that iTrainz, iPortal, ePortal, Trainz iChat, etc were properly configured by doing the necessary research required.
I would even go as far as suggesting that the Internet connection not only is best for the Auran Community but has improved the way my personal copy of Trainz runs!

Isolating the game is so prehistoric...if you get this program configured right, you will soon find other programs that can be tweaked for better performance.

This is why I don't really complain about problems & try to help when I can, but then again nobody listens to me...!

Would make sure that iTrainz, iPortal, ePortal, Trainz iChat, etc were properly configured by doing the necessary research required.

Or, if like me, one is NOT interested in using any of that stuff, simply turn it off and go on with what I AM interested in doing. No biggie either way.

...I don't...

:cool: I use none of the last point...but the point is that if you do your homework reading the instructions, for not only Trainz, but configuring your computer for the maximum benefit.

What's the point in having the access to more but settling for less?

That's like buying the car you always wanted & never going anywhere because you don't know how to drive...may as well take the back seat.

By the way, I simply copied the JetLog.txt file & highlighted the text...the smileys are a coincidence!

Last edited:
My computer was already configured for maximum benefit when I bought it. Thats why I leave it alone. You'll read posts from the guys who want to get into the inner-workings and tweek this and fiddle with that. They're the ones where nothing ever works right when they try to install it.

Using the resources to run iChat, for example, when I don't want to use it, is like buying a car with air conditioning and running the AC in the winter time just cuz you have it available on the car. No thanks.

"HP Invent...The Computer Is Personal Again....."

:cool: I bought an off the shelf computer for a reasonable price on a "Tax Free" day.

For my uses, I upgraded the graphics card, sound card, power supply, TV-card, sub-woofer/speakers, Kaspersky Internet Security, installed a desktop game controller & got a new second monitor.

The OS is Windows Vista Home Premium. Having much experience at home with WindowsXP & school using Windows2000, I new that Microsoft was on to something with Vista. Back-grading to WindowsXP Home soon became no option.

Vista has a security feature that controls every move you make called User Account Control (UAC)...a redundant method of assuring that the user thoughtfully considers that the file, webpage, application, download, etc. is controlled & that the 10,000 viruses coded each day will not find a vulnerability quicker than an update can be coded.

This is the primary source of problems for TrainzRailroad Simulator. TRS2006 was released before Vista, therefore the compatibility could not possibly be contemplated, due to the vast amount of updates that would be released for Vista.

I realized that UAC was only as redundant as Windows Firewall which was retired upon activating my Norton Internet Security(actually Windows Firewall never was turned on).

I went to Control Panel/User Accounts & Family Safety/User Accounts/Turn User Account Control on or off and unchecked the box that says "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer."

Sure, I became afraid but fear is no option.....

All intrusion attempts have evidently been turned away by Norton then Kaspersky, now Norton 460.

I also found out about 6 months ago that you could get better performance out of TRS2006 by moving it a few files at a time to a new location on drive C:/TRS2006, by making a new TRS2006 file at that location then systematically moving files into that folder.

After I ran TRS2006, CMP, CCP & PaintShed began to load instantly & the programs ran like they were supposed to.

I sometimes wonder how people that have no idea how to do anything more than e-mail & at that, they included every e-mail address ever tacked onto that e-mail, keep their computer functional....

They have someone that they trust visit occasionally & test there computer update/upgrade as necessary...without exception!

Sounds like quite an extensive project. I'm glad you know what you're doing.

I, on the other hand, view the computer as simply a tool, or in the case of Trainz, simply a toy. I bought the one off the shelf in Best Buy that sounded like what I wanted, plugged it in, turned it on, turned UAC off first thing, installed TRS2006, TC3 and now TS2009 and ran them. They all run "like they're supposed to" right off. No problems. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

But I have found, over the years, that adding things I don't use, just because they sound nice to have, can bog things down eventually.

Last edited:
I finally solved my dialing out problem, after a long painful time by finding out that there is an "autodial" service built into Windows XP. I disabled that.

R.P.

Back