Can someone create me a camera vehicle.

NSWGR_5910

Eno Silvie
Is anyone able to create me a camera tool for trainz that runs like a locomotive on invisible track?
For the recreation of A Steam Train Passes in trainz, I lack a camera tool for a few scenes and would like to know if anyone could create something which includes these things;

- Internal View, no custom cab or anything, a completely invisible cab with 360 degree rotation
- Is invisible in driver mode
- Has no sound, lights etc.
- Has the ability to work on invisible track, or any track for that matter.
- Is invisible in quick drive but visible in surveyour. (The visible in surveyour and invisible in quick drive is not a major thing, but if its not possible to do, just invisible in surveyour and quick drive)
- Has no shadow

Also a few questions.

1) Is there a command which can make the loco sound the bell and turn on the lights?
2) Is it possible to hide the compass in quick drive?
3) How do you hide your mouse cursor
4) Can you give commands to a driver from a separate driver. E.g. Controlling Adair, give amy the navigate to Wadalbavale command while controlling Adair.

-Eno

There is a Russian made camera vehicle. Camera wagon I think it's called.

For your engine bell and lights, they will go on when you drive yourself by pressing the following keys: B for Bell, L for lights. The driver should put them on when he/she drives. Sometimes you have to ctrl-right-click on the engine and enable headlights, but I'm not sure if that's available for the Mac.

The compass can be turned off in the options, I know in TS12 SP1 HF3, but not sure about TSMac

Yes, you can control more than one driver. Go to an external camera view. Click on your drivers and pick one you want to control. If you right-mouse button click on their image, you can then issue commands to them such as stop. To add commands to their queue, it is best to be in control of their train so you can add the commands in the right order (just in case you want to insert something especially).

While you are off helping Amy, Adair will continue to drive as though nothing is amiss. This is what's nice about Trainz because you can do this with multiple drivers and jump between them as needed or even take control yourself any time you want.

John

Thank you JCitron for the information. About the comands, I was wondering if there were similar ones to that of the Hornz command, so with the hornz command, you give it to a driver and the AI blows the horn for a standard click of the horn button, I was wondering if there was a command that when issued, either the bell or lights would be toggled.

-Eno Silvie

You'd be best to use some loco like the JetSled or a MOW truck (as you would lose the invisble asset loco somewhere, and never be able to find it).

You can always silence the enginesound or other features

Last edited:
Back