Can not download Trainz Simulator 2004.

vashis

I got a new computer recently with Vista. I try to install this game, but get this error.

oopo.jpg

I clean both disc and still does it.

I know it something to do with Vista.

Originally Posted by zatovisualworks

As said many times before ( some of them dating back to the 20th century :hehe: ) -->

All these .exe files in Program files/Auran/TRS2006/Bin or Program files/Auran/TRS2004/Bin

CCP
CCPConsole
ContentManager
trainzutil
TPS2006

must be set as "Run as administrator" status (RMB --> Properties --> Compatibility --> Privilege level)

In the root folder, these .exe files need the same medical treatment : ;)

gsc
gse
launcher
openGLextensions
Trainz
TrainzDiag

The Vista (sighting) side of Alberte :wave:

Hi Vashis,

I had a similar problem with my Win XP system when I tried to install TC3.

I found (by trying to install another game - Oblivion) that my DVD drive would not read the discs correctly.

I found a solution - I do not know it if will work for you.

Using the control panel & device manager, I deleted the driver for the DVD drive (actually all of the CD/DVD drives I have).
When windows re-started, it found "new" devices and re-loaded the Microsoft default drivers.
This solved my problem

Hope that helps,

Colin

Originally Posted by zatovisualworks

As said many times before ( some of them dating back to the 20th century :hehe: ) -->

All these .exe files in Program files/Auran/TRS2006/Bin or Program files/Auran/TRS2004/Bin

CCP
CCPConsole
ContentManager
trainzutil
TPS2006

must be set as "Run as administrator" status (RMB --> Properties --> Compatibility --> Privilege level)

In the root folder, these .exe files need the same medical treatment : ;)

gsc
gse
launcher
openGLextensions
Trainz
TrainzDiag

The Vista (sighting) side of Alberte :wave:

I don't have any of those files because I can't download it. So that doesn't help at all. Thanks though.

Hi Vashis,

I had a similar problem with my Win XP system when I tried to install TC3.

I found (by trying to install another game - Oblivion) that my DVD drive would not read the discs correctly.

I found a solution - I do not know it if will work for you.

Using the control panel & device manager, I deleted the driver for the DVD drive (actually all of the CD/DVD drives I have).
When windows re-started, it found "new" devices and re-loaded the Microsoft default drivers.
This solved my problem

Hope that helps,

Colin

Nope it didn't.

OK,

Try copying the whole of the DVD to a local drive.

It's possible that the install program is having problems with the hardware.

Now install from your local drive.

HTH,

Colin

I don't have any of those files because I can't download it. So that doesn't help at all. Thanks though.

Yeah, when I read you post I was at a place that blocked images on their ISP,...so I just took a shot in the dark!

Ok,

Put the Disc into your drive.

Cancel the autorun install.

Open Windows explorer (I'm using the Win Xp terms - I think vista is the same?).
Now choose a location - try c:\

Create a folder here - "auraninstall" (or any other name you like)

now navigate to the DVD drive (d:\?), click on the icon and you should see the files & subfolders. Highlight all of them, right mouse click and "copy".

navigate to the c:\auraninstall folder, and right-mouse-click "paste".

Wait.

when complete, remover the disc from the drive.
Navigate to the c:\auraninstall folder, open it and then right click the "setup.exe" file and select run as administrator.

If the disc files don't copy you are most likely to have a non-working disc.
That's one for the helpdesk (ask for replacement).

Colin

Hi Colin,
In Vista, if you want to check your memory, do as follows:
1- Open Control Panel
2-Click System and Maintenance
3-At the botton, you will see Administrative Tools, click on it
4- You will see Memory Diagnostic Tool, double-click on it and it will check your memory and give you a report

Good luck
Gilles

Back