Unable to save work

mabspc

When I go into the Surveyor and choose "Create New", I am able to create new layouts, design my own layouts, etc. However, when I save whatever I am working on, it does not permanently save the file. It save the file so long as I am still in Trainz, but once I exit the program, anything and everything I have "saved" is lost.

I am running the game on computer with Vista (with SP1 installed). When I do a search for the name of the "game" I saved on my computer, it is not there - anywhere.

If anyone can help me to figure this out, I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide.

I can be reached at mastertype@mabspc.com.

Thank you.

It is not lost in Trainz, is it? When you re-enter Trainz, your saved route or session will be there in the list. But when you exit Trainz, you cannot search on the computer for that game, because Trainz saves all files under encrypted names.

I don't know why you are searching for the file, except it would be to make a backup copy? The way to do that would be to "save as cdp" from within CMP (content manager plus), I am assuming that you're running TRS2006. Then you can backup the cdp file (which you can save whereever you want). Or you can backup the entire Auran "local" folder, which is recomendable.

Last edited:
Lost in Trainz

I have saved several things I have worked on in Trainz, and then closed out of the program. When I go back to Trainz later on (the same day or several days later), nothing is there that I saved. t seems that the work I "saved" was never actually saved. It shows up in the list before I exit Trainz, but when I come back to Trainz, it is gone - nowhere to be found!

This is very frustrating, as I sometimes spend hours and hours working on something and expect it to be saved, only to lose everything I had done.

Sounds to me like a Vista permissions problem.

Can't help beyond theorising though I'm afraid, I don't have Vista.

Mike.

Sounds to me like a Vista permissions problem.

Can't help beyond theorising though I'm afraid, I don't have Vista.

Mike.

Yes, Mike might be on the right track. All the .exe files in TRS must be set to be run as admins. If not done, TRS inner commands can't write the local folder to save anything.

As said many times before ( some of them dating back to the 20th century :hehe: ) -->

All these .exe files in Program files/Auran/TRS2006/Bin or Program files/Auran/TRS2004/Bin

CCP
CCPConsole
ContentManager
trainzutil
TPS2006

must be set as "Run as administrator" status (RMB --> Properties --> Compatibility --> Privilege level)

In the root folder, these .exe files need the same medical treatment : ;)

gsc
gse
launcher
openGLextensions
Trainz
TrainzDiag

The Vista (sighting) side of Alberte :wave:

Last edited:
Back