Trainz 22 plus

nimec

Do I install Trainz 22 Plus over the top of Trainz Platinum or on a seperate SSD as a stand alone game?
I have installed it three time so far on a diffewrnt SSD to my Trs 22 Platinum but keep getting the message that it wont work because " MSVC140_ATOMIC_WAIT.dll
was not found and reinstalling may fix the problem" Well it doesn't so any help would be appreciated
Cheers

May be this isn't a trainz problem but the Visual C++ Redistributable für Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019 installation isn't not correct.
The name MSVC1400* leads me to that. So you may have to reinstall this Visual C++ Redistributable from windows?

Install Trainz Plus Standard as a separate and distinct Trainz installation - preferably on your fastest and most capacious SSD.
You'll be able to COPY your current PE UserData folder and files over to your new Trainz+ installation, (as a 'snapshot' of your PE build) for further experimentation/ development in Plus. BUT, it won't be backwards compatible, so don't try to reverse the move. Treat PE and Plus as separate installations/ builds.
The missing MSVC140_ATOMIC_WAIT.dll (Dynamic Link Library) refers to a Windows C Runtime Library you'll find in Windows OS (in System32) and is NOT the MSVC140.dll you'll find in the Trainz Plus program directory.
Update the .dll using the instructions shown in the link above by stagecoach

Last edited:
A separate data folder is the best, trust us on this!

Copy your current TRS22 data-folder and name the copy something else.

Install Plus and let it do its thing. Ignore the graphics setup since you won't need it.
When done and the Launcher appears:

Open up Trainz settings.
Click on Install tab.
Click on the three dots (...) on the right of the white address bar.
Browse to your copied former TRS22-data folder - the one you copied and renamed.
Click Select.

Trainz will want to restart and do so.

An automatic DBR will occur. ----- NOTE: THIS DOES NOT SHOW A PROGRESS BAR!!!

Click on Developer menu item on the Launcher.
Click on Clear Logs.
Click on Show Logs to show the progress of the DBR.

When completed, there will be a message saying so at the end in typical programmer fashion. So many seconds... blah, blah, blah.

Thanks Guys. Even after a reinstall of that dll file, I still got the message that it was not found so as ek.skirl suggested I downloaded the latest visual C +files and that cleared the problem.

Hello everyone
following an incident on my computer I have to reinstall trs2022, I went to Mytraiz, and the surprise I only have TRS Tane, 17 and 19, although I bought the game, is it because I unsubscribed a train more than I don't have it in Mytrainz

Back