Can anyone point me in the direction of some 42" Guage locomotives

Trainkid91

Empire Builder
above. I have a good deal of AU 42" guage equipment, but the only locomotives I have that would go with them (ive got 42" guage equipment from other countries), I only have a NG verson of the PB15 (with enginsounds that only work in cab mode) and 3 0-6-0 diesles. Anyone know of any bigger power, diesle or steam?

Hi trainkid 91,

Have a look on the DLS under user name billeulla or kuid 81997. There is a 42" garratt and others.

Cheers,
Bill69

There is a SAR 4-8-0 in 42in and SG version also a fair few QR locos and rolling stock marked NG, these are 42in gauge, no steamers only diesels. Also some 42in at trainzone.nz also bridges on this site
Hope this helps

Last edited:
above. I have a good deal of AU 42" guage equipment, but the only locomotives I have that would go with them (ive got 42" guage equipment from other countries), I only have a NG verson of the PB15 (with enginsounds that only work in cab mode) and 3 0-6-0 diesles. Anyone know of any bigger power, diesle or steam?

Have a look here for some 3'6" QR locos and passenger carriages.

I've just worked out that 42" is 3' 6" ... :eek:

Check out Billegulla's brand new NZGR K and Ka class northerns on the DLS. There are also a number of NZR goods wagons to the same gauge. Search under NZR or NZGR.

Cheers

Nix

Back