Cab View too high for Dash 9

davesnow

Crabby Old Geezer
Why are some (but not all) of my Cab Views for my Dash 9's TOO HIGH UP? When I look out the window at another Dash 9, I am 4-5 feet higher than that loco? Is there a way to fix this? (I did a search and didn't find anything. I also tried using another INTERIOR in the Config file--- didn't help...)

Thanks in advance!

Why are some (but not all) of my Cab Views for my Dash 9's TOO HIGH UP? When I look out the window at another Dash 9, I am 4-5 feet higher than that loco? Is there a way to fix this? (I did a search and didn't find anything. I also tried using another INTERIOR in the Config file--- didn't help...)

Thanks in advance!

It has to do with where the attachment point is placed on the model. You can't fix it yourself, only the creator can do that by editing the mesh. Changing the interiors won't help either, since they aren't really the problem.
What Dash 9 are you using? It's possible that there's an alternative out there. There might be another free one, but if you're open to purchasing payware, World of Trainz has pretty much every Dash 9 ever created - and they each come with a custom cab.

Patrick

A very old problem. Cause? Auran never stated a basic parameter for developers to follow. And so, anybody creating a loco, sets what they consider to be a "perfect" anchor point for the cab. result? several feet higher or lower. Has this been corrected on latest versions of our game? nah, if it works, why fix it? (Even if not perfect...)

...ridin' high...

8) The designation a.cabfront, locates the attachment point to the model.

The Dash 9, has a higher floor than other locomotives, therefore the cab appears much higher than normal(it is).

[FONT=Verdana, Arial][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]SPorBust, made a correction to a Dash 9 cab, originally created by Mark Hoffman, under kuid:113556:3001.[/FONT]

There is a solution to this problem for one's own use.

Create a mesh in GMax (or similar) consisting of a small textured object and a new a.cabfront attachment point at the correct point.

Modify or create the mesh table in the loco's config file.

Using a hex editor modify the reference to a.cabfront in the original im or pm file to (say) a.cabfronx so that it is meaningless to Trainz.

You will then find the interior will attach to your new a.cabfront.

Back