Bridgehampton Metro - UK Light Rail / Modern Tramway in Progress

Thanks Boat for your wounderful contributions(And yes, keeping this thread alive). While I'm here, how's bridgehampton going? Or are you still working on Westhave Coastal?

Cheers!
Isaac

I'm not working on much at the moment - it's too hot, and I'm too busy doing other stuff... Westhaven Coastal doesn't need a lot more work now - there's more testing and scheduling than building needed now. I did find time for one building session on Bridgehampton, but I just depressed myself over how much I'm not happy with, and will have to re-do.

Thanks to boat for the new items - I'll have to download them and have a play - they look useful...

All the best...

Paul

I'm not working on much at the moment - it's too hot, and I'm too busy doing other stuff... Westhaven Coastal doesn't need a lot more work now - there's more testing and scheduling than building needed now. I did find time for one building session on Bridgehampton, but I just depressed myself over how much I'm not happy with, and will have to re-do.

Thanks to boat for the new items - I'll have to download them and have a play - they look useful...

All the best...

Paul

Now you see, if you'd stayed in good old Blighty, you could be enjoyning 4 degrees temperature, drizzle, strong winds and dull skys right now!

The Switcher should be through the Auran system soon I hope.

Boat

Now you see, if you'd stayed in good old Blighty, you could be enjoyning 4 degrees temperature, drizzle, strong winds and dull skys right now!

The Switcher should be through the Auran system soon I hope.

Boat

Whereas I'm here in Adelaide 'enjoying' the longest heatwave since they started recording such things.... http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/03/13/2188414.htm

...now where's that cold beer....? :eek:

Paul

Know how you all feel

Yes too hot to work on Trainz much here too ... 33 & 36's for the next 4 days

Tom

The Combino is from the ptram website, which seems to change it's URL with monotonous regularity. I don't think the site is around at the moment, unless anyone else knows different...

BTW - it's a bit tidier not to quote all of the screenshots from a post. In fact it really winds some folks up...

Paul

I thought I posted in this thread, oh well.

paulzmay said:
BTW - it's a bit tidier not to quote all of the screenshots from a post. In fact it really winds some folks up
Well YES it does ANNOY people. But I avoid it by using "No quoting permitted", or better still, just use the link addresses to the images. Quoting images also involves unnecessary scrolling.

Paulzmay, is it still going to be TRS2004 suitable?
Also, what video program are you using, as I don't see the fraps logo on your videos.

I wouldn't go as far as to ban quoting, as sometimes quoting a single picture (especially from several pages back) is easier than saying 'the third picture in the second post on page 5'. Just quoting the whole post was a little lazy - plus it took me a while to realise there was a Combino in the pictures, as it was only in one of the thumbnails in the middle.

The route will be for '06 only as it is now. I still have a copy of it from pre-conversion, but a lot has been done since. It also has a re-skinned speedboard that I have since changed because I never managed to get permission, so that would forever be a missing dependency.

The program is from www.zdsoft.com , and I think it's called game recorder. I've heard it reported that it has a lesser impact on frame rates than fraps. I've just got the free demo, so it's only about a minute a time. There's a couple more on my Westhaven screens thread if you're interested.

Paul

The Combino is from the ptram website, which seems to change it's URL with monotonous regularity. I don't think the site is around at the moment, unless anyone else knows different...

BTW - it's a bit tidier not to quote all of the screenshots from a post. In fact it really winds some folks up...

Paul
thank you for edvicing me

Just thought I'd put this up here as it may be of interest to you, Paul... (for Westhaven or Bridgehampton perhaps?)

On the DLS soon, my new working Pelican Crossing. A 5Mtr and a 9Mtr version should be on the DLS soon. (LHD and RHD option)

Boat

Pelicanex.jpg

Nice one Boat! I'll be using that one for sure. Can I suggest a 4-lane version and a single sided 2 lane version (crossings on dual carriageways are usually split into 2 halves and staggered).

Railings to match are on the DLS by Kessica from years back BTW.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes, the staggered version was in my mind.... Also, perhaps one staggered with tram tracks down the center with space for an AJS Tram Station?

They may be a while those two though!!! See how my time goes.

Thanks for the railing tip!

Boat,

PS I just realised I forget to put the extra coronas on the DLS last night, so there may be a short delay between the above Traffic Light appearing and 3 of its dependent assets... Oops! :eek:
Putting them up now.

I know this isnt the right place, but it's a good time to ask,

Can you make a street lamp with and without banners like shown here, with just the only difference to be this lamp fixture?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Downing_Street.jpg

download

Like I mentioned above? I know this is the wrong place to ask, but we've moved fromo talking about Bridgehampton, to making street lights(LOL:hehe: )

Cheers!

Isaac(BTW> Paul, how's the route?)

Hi Isaac,

No, this isn't the place... but it brings this thread back to the top, so what the ***

However, that’s a bit beyond me at the moment. I only started using GMax seriously about a month ago so I'm just bumbling around with it really. I think an expert would be appalled…. And if you look closely, my T lights don’t have a lot of finesse!
:(

I’m sure someone else will have a go…. Or give me a year or two!

Boat

Back