Better to wait with making routes 2009?

diabloNL

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm completely new to Trainz and I'm still trying to figure out how all works together. :confused:

The 2009 WBE is there for the community to create content. But if I want to make a new route I can only use the old assets from the previous versions, right?

That would mean that if I want to create a higher quality route in terms of graphics. That it would be better to wait until there are more assets available for 2009. With assets I'm talking about buildings, trees etc. etc.

Is it correct what I'm saying or am I missing something very obvious? :p

Thanks in advance!

diabloNL,

You are correct , however it will be awhile before the content creators come up with enough , TS2009 only , content to create a complete layout .

I am sure many have already started on a new route with what is available now , it will be a relatively simple thing to update your route as new items are released .

My thoughts are to set up your track and terrain now , than fill in with the new stuff ?

Simply my thoughts ,---DLR

PS -no dumb questions in Trainz , only sometimes dumb answers ;) !

Last edited:
Hi,

don't forget that TS09 also has a new 'replace assests' feature.

I'd plan to start a new route now using the new 5 Mtr grid close to the track and the default 10 Mtr further away laying track and placing 'basic' structures such as roads, telegraph poles, trees, houses, etc all on untextured baseboards. Then, as new TS09 standard items start making their appearance you can replace the existing assests using the new tool.

Texturing will be the last thing to be done after everything is in its final location.

I'd suggest a time frame of 3 to 6 months and there should be a large amount of new stuff available.

Steve.

Back