Basemapz image resolution

jpmeyers

Is it possible to increase the final image resolution when using basemapz? I recently exported a JPEG image from a SCARM layout and successfully imported it into TANE using basemapz. However, when I zoomed in, the small text in the image was blurred out during the import process. I am able to see the track lines and read the larger text on the layout. However, the smaller text that gives the track height along the route is unreadable. I tried exporting the plan as a vector file and then used IrFanview to create a large bit map (7k x 7k) and still got unacceptable bluring during the basemapz import. I know the blurring is happening at the basemapz step because the JPEG image is very sharp and crisp when zoomed into 200% to 300%.

If it's not possible to adjust the image resolution during the import process, is it possilble to break up the image into four or more quadrants, import each one separately (hopefully producing a higher resolution) and then stiching them together in surveyor?

Finally, is is possible to create multiple layers for the base map? For example, I would like to export objects at different elevation levels from SCARM into TANE as separate base map images and layers so I can toggle the different basemapes when working on the different elelvations.

Back