Disappearing Track Plan Image?

Having loaded a model railroad track plan created via Basemapz, I find that when I try to zoom in closer to lay track more precisely the track plan image disappears into or behind the grid base. Does any body know how to fix this? Can I turn off the grid in someway to only see the image object laying on the Basemapz grid? If it matters, I am running TRS19 on a MAC OS platform. The scale of the track plan is set to O-scale, imperial units. The room/track plan size is 20’x40’. Help?

Having loaded a model railroad track plan created via Basemapz, I find that when I try to zoom in closer to lay track more precisely the track plan image disappears into or behind the grid base. Does any body know how to fix this? Can I turn off the grid in someway to only see the image object laying on the Basemapz grid? If it matters, I am running TRS19 on a MAC OS platform. The scale of the track plan is set to O-scale, imperial units. The room/track plan size is 20’x40’. Help?

Press the F9 key to make the grid clear.

It doesn't matter which units you use because the program uses meters for the grid and for heights. I also recommend setting your fog to zero. You do this by clicking on the Environment settings. This is found under the Edit Menu or the second icon from the top left of the screen in Surveyor.

In the Environment settings, click on the + to add a green dot to the clock.

Click on the green dot and you now can edit the brightness, ambient light, time and more importantly the fog settings which you want to slide to none. The reason for this is in case you need to work overhead you'll be able to see the route without everything blurring out when viewing from above. This isn't the same as map view and actually just a bit before that. While you're in there, you can adjust the time to make things lighter or darker as well.

The imperial units will only be for your reference and have no reflection on what the actual in game scale is which is still real scale no matter what your rulers say. The program does everything in metric which is important to keep in mind when setting up heights and spacing, otherwise things can get really steep and really wide apart. I found this out the hard way when I built my early route when what I wanted was 12 feet difference between a port and the headlands and ended up with the Cliffs of Dover. :)

Back