Backup of Layouts

Wight

I would like to backup several of my layouts to an external disc but after searching, cannot find them within the Trainz files. It maybe that this is done through CMP !

There must be a procedure listed somewhere which I cannot trace.

Any help would be appreciated.

I would like to backup several of my layouts to an external disc but after searching, cannot find them within the Trainz files. It maybe that this is done through CMP !

There must be a procedure listed somewhere which I cannot trace.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi wight,

Click on manage content.....when CMP opens, click on the filter "My Content" on the top of the right hand pane....you should see your routes displayed.
It you click on "Help" on the very top menu you can read about archiving your content. If this doesn't answer your problems then please don't hesitate to ask for more info.....

Paul

Thanks Paul for your reply. I managed to transfer a layout to the Archive box but received the message "Couldn't write out Archive. Please commit all assets before creating archive and ensure the assets are locally installed".

I have complied with the commiting asset requirement but am concerned about ensuring assets are locally installed. How can one go about this? My layout is based on a layout from the Download Station with a now considerable extension.

Trevor

but am concerned about ensuring assets are locally installed. How can one go about this?

1) Launch CMP
2) Click on the Search tab on the left-hand side
3) Select Location > Local
4) Click the + sign
5) Select Builtin and choose the != (not equal) sign
6) Click Apply

What this does is tells you what items you have downloaded/installed that aren't built into Trainz.

HTH

Dave

Thanks Paul for your reply. I managed to transfer a layout to the Archive box but received the message "Couldn't write out Archive. Please commit all assets before creating archive and ensure the assets are locally installed".

I have complied with the commiting asset requirement but am concerned about ensuring assets are locally installed. How can one go about this? My layout is based on a layout from the Download Station with a now considerable extension.

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

I suspect you got the error message because of an asset not commited.

If you have committed everything.......just click on the message to get rid of it and then click on the "archive " button.....if your assets are installed locally and commited, it will allow you to save and name your route.

If you are concerned or worried about the procedure why not create a simple one baseboard layout...add a track, loco and one or two buildings...name and save it....archive and then delete the route from trains and restore it from the archive. Hope this helps.

Paul

Belated thanks to Dave and Paul.

Dave
I selected "Builtin" but could not find !=(not equal) sign.

Paul
As a trial, I managed to successfully archive a route which I have not added to for some months, but have not been successful in archiving a recent route. I have committed everything (several times) but am still prevented from archiving this route due to the message "Couldn't write out Archive. Please commit ...... installed".
I have noticed that a number of assets shown in Surveyor cannot be transferred to my layout - perhaps this is the reason !

Trevor L

Dave and Paul

Followed you advice and found the answer to /=. By deleting the few missing dependices, I have managed to archive my route succesfully.

Trevor

Back