Australian screenshots

Matt - I believe it was released as a direct download from Davids website, which he then took down - the upload was for a public "beta", although not much in the way of testing was done, as all the gimmie pigs downloaded it without a word of thanks. I trialled it on a two baseboard module, and couldn't fault it, but as electric traction wasn't my thing, I didn't take it any further than that. I imagine it will be on the DLS eventually though, along with the double track version and any other bits and bobs to go with it.

That would explain things, wouldn't it? Oh well, i can wait. In the meantime i'll look through what catenary i have installed and see what fits.

I'll be off now to string up some wires,

Matt.

Last edited:
Yes sorry Mattm, I'll not be releasing public beta's again :(

And sorry for the flood of pics.....I went mad today :D

davido_20100711_0019.jpg

davido_20100711_0044.jpg

davido_20100711_0070.jpg

davido_20100711_0074.jpg

davido_20100711_0078.jpg

davido_20100711_0085.jpg

davido_20100711_0064.jpg

Davido

Davido,

No need to apologise for those awesome shots. I love them, they are so incredibly realistic and... well, awesome.:D:D What more can i say?

As for the matter of your catenary, i can wait. Because as they say, 'good things come to those who wait.' I am sure you will release these items when you/they are ready, and not a minute earlier.

P.S. Awesome shots, by the way, did i say that already?:hehe:

Matt.

Bloody hell Davido! Your work is simply magnificent!:udrool: I can't match it, well done.
Here's another shot of Georgetown to Tarin Rocks, with a story attached, like all my shots.:hehe: (Sorry, I didn't resize this one.)
mitch456yui201007110003.jpg

Recent job cuts and coal shortages at Bongo Creek Coal Mine has caused mining to slow and forced the industries of the area to loose money paying for over-expensive coal, which there isn't much of. Along with the grain contract (in my earlier post), Pacific National also got a contract to haul in coal from the Hunter Valley, via Mackellar. Here, the sun peeks over the horizon and a lash up of 9009, 48114, NR8, GM2 (hired from the NRM, weathered Commonwealth Railways livery) and 4477 (hired from CFCLA) rumble out of Tarin Rocks on their way to Richmond, to leave the NHPH hoppers to be shunted into smaller trains for delivery to factories. Hopefully helping the region's economy recover, but what will happen to Bongo Creek Mine?
Thanks,
Mitch

Nice shots Mitch.

More from me. No story, i'm sorry to say. I'm just not that creative.:eek:

Anyway, here we have a few snaps of 3 National Rail liveried 81 class hauling a coal train through the Bell's Creek section on a wet morning.

nswcoastbellsckcoal1.jpg

nswcoastbellsckcoal2.jpg

nswcoastbellsckcoal3.jpg

Matt.

Last edited:
Holy @#$& Davido!! :eek: Incredible!!

Had a few people ask me if I'd stopped on my SAR Melton Valley Route... not on your life! The whole idea of continuing this route is because Aussie routes are monopolised by the Eastern States. There just isn't enough SAR themed routes around. Anyway, haven't been posting shots because I'm in one of those bare and uninteresting "nothing areas" as you'll see what I mean by this...

meltonvalleypass.jpg

Not too far away from the next locale on the line :p. Also I've decided the line will run through vineyard country further on.

This definitely remains my primary route project!

Really nice shots... I really ought to get around to either fixing my good laptop (possibly costing more than it's worth) or getting a new PC to get some content finished.

I'm always rather amazed that every six months, the quality of everyone's work improves dramatically.

May I ask Davido, is that DEM based? It's certainly captured the intended area perfectly.

Maybe instead of bothering with the Blue Mountains line I might focus my scarce free time on making buildings suitable for the Sydney area, so that eventually we can get the Short North and Hunter lines (Daniel is doing an amazing job with a lot of that) into the city...

I'll just need to balance getting a new PC, time between near endless writing and content creation.

Nice pics David! I really like the track your using, very real! Does it have a name? I'd imagine your still working on it?

May I ask Davido, is that DEM based? It's certainly captured the intended area perfectly.
Completely fictional Boobless_ed. Although it is based on my recollection of the Mullet Creek/Woy Woy area and it has tweeked my interest to create a DEM map of the area.

Maybe instead of bothering with the Blue Mountains line I might focus my scarce free time on making buildings suitable for the Sydney area, so that eventually we can get the Short North and Hunter lines (Daniel is doing an amazing job with a lot of that) into the city...

I'd encourage Daniel where you can, it's an amazingly accurate route.
Hence the V Sets, Catenary etc.

I'll just need to balance getting a new PC, time between near endless writing and content creation.

Balance is difficult ...I'm trying to concentrate on one thing at a time these days.

@Taggy - The track is NSW Concrete Sleeper .....not available yet, one of my first 09/10 creations

Cheers
Davido

@Davido
Looks good I spent many a school holiday with family at Brooklyn messing around with boats and it dose look like the real area.

Last edited:
jjdella

you need to include the following into the config of your item.

thumbnails
{
{
image "screenshot.jpg"
width 240
height 180
}
}

to add it copy and paste it into the config file, while you have the item of content open for this editting add the screenshot to the content then confirm it.

ghosty

Back