Australian screenshots

Tanvaras and Davido, great shots from both of you. Loving the V-set, Davido, but seriously, there are other liveries to use on them. Three of them, if i remember rightly.

Cheers,

Matt.

A few from me, Decided to change from Speedtree's I just couldn't bring myself to like them enough to use them.

4411 leaving the main station heading down the south line. Track worker grabs a quick shot from his phone camera.

<< Images clipped >>

Excellent shots, Trent!! Coming along nicely. Great idea on losing Speedtrees :D Not only does it look better, but bet you got an improvement in frame rates too!!

If I may kindly ask what trees you are using, please??

QR Borallon - Work In Progress, just really something to pass the time and try some ideas.

muliebuck20100623000648.jpg

muliebuck20100623000748.jpg

muliebuck20100623000948.jpg

muliebuck20100623001048.jpg

muliebuck20100623001248.jpg

Firstly, many thanks Trent. I had this gear on my previous machine for TRS2006 and pretty much forgotten where it originated from. Ah well, so much for packaging up my Melton Valley module and uploading it... have to have more of a play now...

Secondly, Mulie... that's sh!t awesome stuff!! :udrool: I know it's Queensland themed, but that can easily be numerous Western Regions of NSW (minus the QR speed signs).

Last edited:
If you want me to upload a NSW version Forestrunner, just ask me - it'll take minimal time to change the speedboards/signals/etc to NSW :)

Nope...no more from me :eek:

*snipped picture reluctantly*

Cheers
David

Davido, let me be amongst the first, to personally (as well as can be done) via the forums, for the wonderous creations and attention to detail you and Natvander have delivered to us. Truly, I've seen payware, which can not live up to the detail that you both put into your work, and the countless hours of research, modelling and testing that go into it - all for the enjoyment of others - truly, a rare and precious gem amonst the rubble :)

Also, that last screenshot, words just can't be found for the emotion I fel looking at that scene (I don't 'do' sparks or wires personally, but I can appreciate fine models, which these are!) - just the use of textures, small shrubs, trees and so on, it just looks so 'natural', and I can but aspire one day, to even come close to such attention to detail with my route desiging.

whats the clearance width for a 3'6 gauge bridge in QR land? Sleepers are 7 feet wide, would it be accurate to say 9 feet width for a bridge?

Pete, as I see your aiming for true scale of the wooden trestle bridge in question, personally I couldn't find any specific data on the width of the top. An approximate valuation could very well be anywhere between 8.5 - 9ft.

Timber approach supports are typically 6 - 12m spans apart, though I believe you may already have known this.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

chuffy

So Trent..
You are finding that they work OK in 2010? No corruption like the original 2004 trees show in 09/10 ? The pictres show that, but It might be camera angles :) Really nice screenies, thanks for sharing.
Cheers
Rod

They seem to work fairly well for me, though I am running in Compat mode atm, have not checked it in native mode as of yet. That usually makes some older flora look horrid. But here's hoping :)

Cheers

Trent

If you want me to upload a NSW version Forestrunner, just ask me - it'll take minimal time to change the speedboards/signals/etc to NSW :)

Actually Mulie, I wasn't even suggesting or hinting at that. My comment directed at the general look of what you've put together.

Personally, I reckon simply leave it, and let the user switch items in or out and experiment with it. What better way for newbies to learn and help inspire others. That's just my view anyway.

Also great to see that UK Bullhead track appearing in other people's work.

Forestrunner: What can I say, you twisted my arm :D Nah, seriously, its a piece of cake to turn it from QR into NSW.

Hurleyco: Its a subframe for a locomotive - exactly which one, I honestly don't know :)

QGR Commissioner On Tour

Hello Hurleyco & Everyone
Well I might know what your 14 hours of boredom has resulted in;​
  • A QGR C16​
  • A QGR Stephenson Valve Gear PB15​
  • OR This might be far off the answer :confused:
  • A QGR C19​

In Other News.........

I will be uploading a small route that was purely based on a colour photogragh of a Beyer Garratt with a tour train on the North Coast Line. This was taken at the location of Mount Hilliard?. The person who took the photogragh was taken by the Great John Armstrong in 1959. :cool:

QGR RM 2002 & 2004 On A Northbound Service To Rockhampton, Stops At Mount Hilliard.
trainz89_20100530_0012.jpg

A Unknown QGR Brown Bomber Curves Long Blair Athol Coal Train Down To Gladstone.
trainz89_20100529_0008.jpg

A Lone 1460 Class Heads The 45 Up Back To Brisbane From Rockhampton
trainz89_20100529_0002.jpg
P.S Keep Up The Great Work Becuase I Am Drooling Over Those Awesome Screenshots:mop:​

:wave:
Kindest Regards
Michael G.
QGR Commissioner​

The Result of about 14 Hours of Boredom...

0001xy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Guess what it is...

hurleyco:cool:

Last edited:
Inspired by something in a Model Railway magazine - not based anywhere in particular, and is very much a work in progress...I present, NSWGR Wygani.

muliebuck20100624000411.jpg

muliebuck20100624000511.jpg

muliebuck20100624000711.jpg

muliebuck20100624000812.jpg

muliebuck20100624000912.jpg

muliebuck20100624001024.jpg

muliebuck20100624001898.jpg

muliebuck20100624001998.jpg

Last edited:
Muliebuck, nice screens, looks like a good route. Would you mind either posting a diagram here, or sending a me a PM with the track diagram? It looks like an interesting one, and i would like to try my hand at building a route based on that plan.

Cheers,

Matt.

Back