Australian screenshots

hey railchase and kane .i down loaded them thru direct FTP link give that a try.:p
hey seeseeme Name diesel locomotive depot ,by pigeon <kuid:60697:28002>

It's built in, something along the lines of "Diesel Maintenence Depot", IIRC.

Also, my name is Raichase - no "l" ;).

Seeseeme, you building some large workshops there?? Anyways great shots guys, gotta upload some of my shots
Jamie

here that black texture problem with the c class.

snip

Could someone please help me with this

thanks
kane98

I have no idea what's going on with these models.....they worked straight up for me in 06 and 09 .....have you got your polycount slider all the way up in performance settings?

David

yeah poly count slider is right up. the 45 class do it sometimes but every time i try to use the C class the same thing happens. textures disappear and they are replaced with black.

yeah poly count slider is right up. the 45 class do it sometimes but every time i try to use the C class the same thing happens. textures disappear and they are replaced with black.

I seem to having the same problem with the C Class, and my poly slider is right up. I have only recently got a new PC that can handle anything I chuck at it, with all graphics on "high". Unlike Kane98, this is the first time I've had this texture problem happen.

I seem to having the same problem with the C Class, and my poly slider is right up. I have only recently got a new PC that can handle anything I chuck at it, with all graphics on "high". Unlike Kane98, this is the first time I've had this texture problem happen.

This in 10 or 06 ...or both? ......OGL or DX?

Sorry, forgot to mention - 2010. Open GL (first time I thought to check). As a general rule, would people recommend OGL or Direct X?
Whatever gives you best results Trent. I can use either without problems but DX seems to perform better for me (Nvidia graphics).
You could try swapping I guess....in 10 though I tend to think it may be a bumpmap issue ....I have had problems before with bumpmaps amd LOD but not in this instance

David

Thanks for your interest and attempts Dave, but I might have to give the C Class a miss for now. I'll have a play around with my settings, and see what happens.

EDIT: Would you believe, switching to DirectX fixed the problem right up! Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:
those cars can go in any order, Jamie, as long as you have a VR loco towing it:hehe:

Well not really
Things did change. But in the VR period Carriages were put together in a particular order.

In very early days and right up to the 50's/60's the trains would run the vans to the rear at terminal stations and the van would always be last.
Later white disks and provision of tail lights was made on certain carriages to allow the van to return on the front of a train returning from terminus stations like Wodonga.

Most Victorian rail lines simply went to a terminal, where trains were run around and returned to Spencer Street
Two exceptions were the Geelong to Ballarat line and the Heathcote Junction to Ballarat line (I think)

Usually second class cars were on the front behind the engine, and their were always fewer First to Second Class cars The Refreshment car would separate first from second class and the Van would be on the end.

If a train got out of order they would run it around the reversing loop to set it up correctly again.
Of course the BG Spirit was turned using the same reversing loop. Wodonga had a reversing triangle to keep the Norman observation car on the rear.
So I would put two or three second cars followed by one or two first class cars and a CW van on the rear. If a composite (First and second) car was used, replace one of the First cars, or if only one present replace a second.
Composite cars were rarely used with a restaurant car.
Cheers
Rod

Cs5 and Cs1 combine to move a rake of empty CFCLA CQBY flat wagons to Bongo Creek for storage in the yard.

http://img52.imageshack.us/i/raichase201006140001.jpg/
Raichase_20100614_0001.jpg

Raichase_20100614_0002.jpg

Raichase_20100614_0003.jpg

http://imageshack.us

For those of you who normally don't drive in cab mode, I'd recommend giving it a go with the C Class, the cab is amazing. So much better than some of the default cabs that Trainz came with!

Last edited:
Sure thing mate.....email me when you've had time to check things out

Hi David and all.
I tested these engines last night before we uploaded them. When I loaded them into 2006, I got the triangle black artifacts and sent pics to Zec, who was not seeing this problem, although he recognised it for what it was.
I played around a bit whilst Zec was looking for a fix, and was hoping it was not just my computer being a dog again :(

I then shut 2006 down and opened 2009 which worked perfectly. No problems at all :)

I then opened 2006, and went back and looked at the two c's in a map, and found the Silverton one was clean and the VR one was still showing the black artifacts.

Each time I put the engines in a new map they played up till I restarted Trainz 2006.

Zec did something to the model, and we seemed to have fixed the problem.

Here is the problem with the initial asset file

2006_C_Class_01.jpg

And here is the file that S301 uploaded to the DLS after fixing the problem :(

2006_C_Class_02.jpg

I don't know what to say
Cheers
Rod :'(

Last edited:
Back