Australian screenshots

Hi Zec,

Your quote below with my responses in blue italics. :)

There's two ways. You can manually import the items that you want using Content Manager (this would require some sorting, but I highly recommend you use this method) or you can just import the world folder of TRS2004 (this will import ALL downloaded/custom content from TRS2004, however it WILL take a while...) Craig & I use Trainzwapper to swap between our project "world" folder & default Trainz "World" folder. This way we keep our project stuff separate from the normal stuff. It helps when trying to be responsible with as-yet unreleased stuff.

I would recommend importing the route that your working on, and then import only it's dependencies (or re-download them). I would recommend the re-download method for the dependencies, so you can ensure that you A) have the latest version and B) you can find out exactly what items show 'faulty' in 09. I'll have a chat to Craig about doing this. However unlike Craig my Trainz 'housekeeping' leaves a lot to be desired. I have quite a sort-out job in TO first. But I take your advice & will endeavour to follow it. Firstly 'though, I'll analyse the current project map in TO & print out all dependencies.

If you need any specific help, feel free to email me :)
Zec many thanks for your kind offer. However Craig has several times offered assistance, but the fault lies with my reserve, in moving to TRS2009. But no more. I will be knocking on Craig's virtual door shortly. After Tuesday's all-day course.
However in the unlikely event of totally burning out my welcome at the Craig household, watch out! :eek::hehe:

Zec
:wave:

Some shots of a small 1 baseboard layout that I'm rebuilding for 09 native :) These shots are of the memorial part and avenue of honor, both made in memory of those Trainzers who are no longer with us.

avenue-of-honor.jpg

The Avenue of Honor.

memorial-park-01.jpg

A view down the main part of the memorial park

memorial-park-02.jpg

A view down one of the shorter paths that go across the memorial park.

memorial-park-03.jpg

A view along the short 'top' part of the longer path, looking at the fountain and benches.

Will post more pics as the layout expands.
Zec

Some more t-side junk coming soon!!!

Old signage

Sheila to the right seems impressed

Lastly, a chuff & dredd production ... based on the proto @ some know where ?

:wave:

Some shots of a small 1 baseboard layout that I'm rebuilding for 09 native :) These shots are of the memorial part and avenue of honor, both made in memory of those Trainzers who are no longer with us.

avenue-of-honor.jpg

The Avenue of Honor.

memorial-park-01.jpg

A view down the main part of the memorial park

memorial-park-02.jpg

A view down one of the shorter paths that go across the memorial park.

memorial-park-03.jpg

A view along the short 'top' part of the longer path, looking at the fountain and benches.

Will post more pics as the layout expands.
Zec

Looking very good Zec,nice work:D

G'day Marty, I'll bite for the guess, and say the former signal box at Esk, but I'm probably way off :)

Zec: Love your work as always, nice attention to detail and good imagery - keep it up :)

Looking very good Zec,nice work:D

Tim you should delete the pictures from the quote, although I admit they are something else.

Zec, so I guess this marks the end of the nasty 2009 tree renditions and this is a sample of what 2010 is going to look like?
I note in the newsletter Auran are very busy deleting old trees and installing these types into the included 2010 maps.
Might convert a few more over, and I trust they have kept the sound and not done a 2006 with it again?
Cheers
Rod

Tim you should delete the pictures from the quote, although I admit they are something else.

Zec, so I guess this marks the end of the nasty 2009 tree renditions and this is a sample of what 2010 is going to look like?
I note in the newsletter Auran are very busy deleting old trees and installing these types into the included 2010 maps.
Might convert a few more over, and I trust they have kept the sound and not done a 2006 with it again?
Cheers
Rod

Ok, sorry Rod. I'll do that next time.

hmmmm

i will take the subject signal box that onc controlled ipswich yard for 500 thanks marty lol

signs look great so doe the signal box.

cheers

ghosty

Cheers
Rod

Rod, thats in 09 using the Treez pack. Nothing to do with 2010 (which does not include Treez as far as I know, may be wrong here though, I really don't know).
There are a fair few trees in that pack that I rather like, and will be using here and there, at least until 2010 is available.

Zec

Sorry to bear bad news

Some more t-side junk coming soon!!!

Sad to say that I picked up an Ipswich area newspaper this week to find said historical site had been heavily vandalised. Will now have a security fence placed around it to keep it from further attacks. Very nice work Marty. Sorry to taint this with such bad news.
Regards
Glen

G'day Marty, I'll bite for the guess, and say the former signal box at Esk, but I'm probably way off :)

Esk??? How did you come up with that assumption ? Well, you may be right if one had stood there back in the day.

hmmmm

i will take the subject signal box that onc controlled ipswich yard for 500 thanks marty lol

signs look great so doe the signal box.

cheers

ghosty

The Judge himself will be pleased he has earned his cut for up holding the law, I'll bribe him with the other half to produce the B13 ... When he's ready! lol

Sad to say that I picked up an Ipswich area newspaper this week to find said historical site had been heavily vandalised. Will now have a security fence placed around it to keep it from further attacks. Very nice work Marty. Sorry to taint this with such bad news.
Regards
Glen

That's disheartening Glen, fortunately I never heard or read of this incident, a razorwire fence wouldn't stop them unless it was wired up to the mains power supply. (would surely make for a lovely light display during the night if some unsuspected fool was to approach it).

:)

Rod, thats in 09 using the Treez pack. Nothing to do with 2010 (which does not include Treez as far as I know, may be wrong here though, I really don't know).
There are a fair few trees in that pack that I rather like, and will be using here and there, at least until 2010 is available.

Zec

I quote the Auran Newsletter on the 30/10/09
Auran newsletter said:
"TS2010 DEV JOURNAL

With the launch dates approaching we are working on the implementation of speedtrees into the TS2010:EE routes. First on the list and also the largest task is getting speedtrees into the 175-mile secton of the ECML mainline from Kings Cross to York.

Further testing also continues on all the other routes as we continually work to improve upon all the features of the simulator, new and old alike."

I may have misinterpreted it, but thought they were talking about new 2010 trees :hehe:
Cheers
Rod

I'm somewhat disillusioned with the Treez pack, was really hoping for it having some aussie type trees (eucalypts, melaucas, etc etc etc), but its all US/UK stuff, but they still DO look very nice - just a shame there were no aussie counterparts, so I could get back into route building.

Regards
Glen

That's terrible news Glen. HOPE that the fence does the job.

Ryan

Back