Australian screenshots

Skinny1990
My maps are made using google earth google maps and DEM, DEM creates a preformed landscape of any designated area and can/will feature thigns like roads watercourses and rail lines. then its just a case of putting the scenery together and completing the map. if yiou need any furrther advice dont be afraid to ask.

cheers

ghosty

narrow gauge

yeah i know there is a gauge issue i am hoping that the creator will get inspired and make a set of narrow guage bogies when he makes the new ones for the BB-18 1/4, i hope if i post enough shots he might get inspired if not i may have to fall back to bribes like a few boxes of beer lol. but in the mean time i am testing the loco for its creator, i must admit it looks and runs well.

cheers

GHOSTY

Skinny1990
My maps are made using google earth google maps and DEM, DEM creates a preformed landscape of any designated area and can/will feature thigns like roads watercourses and rail lines. then its just a case of putting the scenery together and completing the map. if yiou need any furrther advice dont be afraid to ask.

cheers

ghosty

i have no idea where to start when it comes to DEM i just know once i have the terrain im set ive got everything else .. though some skills with gmax would be pretty handy too

Skinny1990
if you ask around there are people on this board that maybe able to help you by creating the dem you seek. you do dneed to ask them nicely and be specific about what you seek. it may take a little while so be patient.

cheers

ghosty

Goonyella Layout

Well I started a city train layout but lost it to a virus, So now I have start a real good layout from HayPoint to the coalfields Im doing all the Goonyella system and i have done 52Km of Track so far

I just dont know how to do steep grades and I want black Mountain to Yukan to look like its going up hill

Matt

Wacol Station.

Ghostryder said:
....i still have a few holes here and there to fill, just need to add some more queensland buildings here and there to fill a few of those holes.

Scott, would that include the SM's office at the end of Wacol Station? I remember it was a two storey structure. The station staff used to hang out of a window in the second storey and wave the trains into the yard at times and also hand out paperwork to the crews.
Glen

Glen

the footbridge hides the signal box and station building. they are located on the Ipswich bound platform at the Brisbane End. just from the angle chosen they dont show up so well.

cheers

ghosty

S301_20091029_0000.jpg

It's mid morning, and K103 is powering away from Tooradin with the morning pass.

S301_20091029_0001.jpg

Further on, K103 rolls across a creek on it's way back south.

S301_20091029_0002.jpg

Almost at Dalmore, K103 rolls across the 'main road' crossing, sandwiched between two creeks.

Zec

...............Snippety-snip!..............

S301_20091029_0002.jpg

Almost at Dalmore, K103 rolls across the 'main road' crossing, sandwiched between two creeks.

Zec

Hi Zec,

Is this dirt two-wheel country road available for download?
It looks magnificent in this shot. Three or four merging variations would make an excellent country farm-style road to have. :)

:wave:

It's on the DLS, but 09 only. I think the creator's username is 'Chereck' or similar. He was one of the first to upload 09 stuff, so start from the last page and work back :)

Zec

Thanks Zec,

I'm presently only using TRS2004. Holding off using TS2009/2010 until I can upgrade my PC, & that will be awhile yet.

With this type of item, is it possible to modify it to work in TRS2004?.
Same question for scenery items?.
I note several creators make items that are compatible for most Trainz versions (TRS...04/06 TS2009).

Another question unrelated to the above:
Is anyone in VIC creating a route in the NSW border vicinity?
Anywhere from Albury through to Ouyen/Swan Hill/Balranald (NSW)?.
Having lived in Deniliquin, I'm always hopeful someone would be interested in the Deni/Balranald NSW lines, & link-ups across the border.
Particularly link-ups at Echuca, Tocumwal.

Craig (Seeseeme) & I are slowly progressing with the old Narrandera_Tocumwal branchline, & it would be great to colaborate with anyone in VIC, doing the line up to Tocumwal.

:wave:

For the most part, 09 based content can be made compatible. The two areas where this isn't possible is splines (which can now take more than one LOD mesh, and use a completely different config setup for the meshes themselves and their LOD) and with scenery that is using the new config based LOD. Plus any items using mesh libraries, and various other things.

For some objects, it's ok to go back. However, you will likely lose out on many of the 'back end' things that help improve that items performance. Same as, by going back, you run a risk of allowing 'faults' (well, they would really just be obsolete methods) getting into the model, thus dropping your performance a little.

Plus you lose the ability to use those nice features that make life easier, both for the creator and the user/route builder (e.g. mesh libraries, which allow you to improve performance by a fair bit!).

Zec

Been messing around with skies, all from photos taken around Longreach at Easter time. Am on the laptop so sorry if the images are not the best..

Cheers...

Last edited:
Hi Zec,

My wrist is already killing me with RSI at present. :confused::'(
You don't have to oh-so subtly twist the living daylights out of my arm!. :confused:

Yes you have given me food for thought. Now if I can just attach my hard drives to an email,
I'll whizz them down to Craig. He can just swap everything over to TRS2009 for me. Should be back by 6:30pm, shouldn't it?. Only 18Gb or so of stuff to do. Peace of cake, eh?. :D
Problems?, :eek: what problems?? :hehe: :eek: :hehe:

But quite seriously I take your point Zec. I really do need to consider copying stuff across to TRS2009, & getting into using that.
What's the safest/best way to set up the files?. Just all in the same partition as TRS2009, or a separate one?.
And any automated transfer techniques available?.
18-20Gb is a huge amount of data to fix, on it's way through.

There's two ways. You can manually import the items that you want using Content Manager (this would require some sorting, but I highly recommend you use this method) or you can just import the world folder of TRS2004 (this will import ALL downloaded/custom content from TRS2004, however it WILL take a while...)

I would recommend importing the route that your working on, and then import only it's dependencies (or re-download them). I would recommend the re-download method for the dependencies, so you can ensure that you A) have the latest version and B) you can find out exactly what items show 'faulty' in 09.

If you need any specific help, feel free to email me :)

Zec

Back