Australian screenshots

Delec, Whats happening with your GMAX, And also if you want to create content for trainz you need to download "Trainz Asset Creation Studio" so you can import into trainz itself.

Just a few shots while I was testing camera angles for my new layout 'Quorne', which I intend on displaying at this years AMRA Brisbane Model Railway Exhibition in May.

000.png

002.png

003.png

004.png

008.png

007.png

0099: I just tried to get a start on that SSR 44, but paintshed wont open, it says something to do with no language selected, but gives me no option to choose one. Anyway, if you want a skin done I'll need you to do a full white reskin of a 44 in paintshed, and post the texture file here so I can work on it. I don't remember if it's possible, but if it is, can you please save it in at least 1024*... 2048* would be prefered.

Cheers.

EDIT: I've managed to find a skin base to work with. I forgot how much of a bitch it is to line up the front and sides because of Aurans weird scaling.

001-1.png

Last edited:
I wish i could do it myself and not depend on other people but i can't load up Paintshed and my only knowledge on photoshop is to turn photos into looking like there models:)

Anthony

PS: Hmmm i think i might try learn reskining now.

002.png

I'm nicknaming this one 'The Gummy Bear'. :hehe: From here on in it's going to be a long slow process, unless TRS2009 has the 44 Class in high detail so I can steal the base skin for it.

In any case, I don't think I'll be done with this for at least 2 weeks. I have other projects that need to be worked on too, and I'm moving into Brisbane next week to study avionics at uni, so TRS will have to be pushed aside a bit.

Edit: Scrap that. It appears that once I start something I have great trouble walking away from it. Only the roof to paint black, a bit of healthy weathering and work out how to get the number boards to work.

003.png

Last edited:
Streuth! What 44 Class is that based on, or is that based on the default model in TRS06? Bloody fantastic model, It looks amazing.

Streuth! What 44 Class is that based on, or is that based on the default model in TRS06? Bloody fantastic model, It looks amazing.

I wish I could agree with you Rai, it's giving me no end of trouble, turns out that by todays standards the Auran 44 Class has been left far behind. It's definitely getting there though. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, attention to all TRS affiliated content producers and providers, I would like to give you all free advertising space on my route 'Quorne' - which I am bending over backwards to get at this years AMRA Exhibition in Brisbane - possibly Sydney too, provided I can find the time. If you would like your content advertised, please design a billboard style sign 512x256, and send me them via PM. You can have as many or as few as you like, and I'll make sure your signs all get as much exposure as possible. :D

(If anyone is still in touch with the CWS guys it would be good to ask if they are still interested, I'd like to hope they haven't bowed out for good.)

I wish I could agree with you Rai, it's giving me no end of trouble, turns out that by todays standards the Auran 44 Class has been left far behind. It's definitely getting there though. :)

You're not wrong! I've confined them to "trailing unit only" status, although they look a bit sad behind a CWS 48 or 81 :). Usually lump them behind a Jumbo (now that model HAS stood the test of time quite nicely).

Yeh, they're still doing quite well. Now that I've done 40+ layers for all the parts of the 44, I might consider reskinning the 2 Auran models in 2048* textures... If I find the time. :)

Yeh, they're still doing quite well. Now that I've done 40+ layers for all the parts of the 44, I might consider reskinning the 2 Auran models in 2048* textures... If I find the time. :)

If you found the time, you'd make a lot of New South Welshmen happy. I know what you mean about lack of time though, have not actually gotten into Trainz all week for the same reason!

TS2009-with-zr-test-train.jpg

TS2009 sits at Halley River with a ZR test train. The trains are becoming very rare at the moment, as ZR is currently working on a new test line, with a new set of workshops...

Zec

TS2009-with-zr-test-train.jpg

TS2009 sits at Halley River with a ZR test train. The trains are becoming very rare at the moment, as ZR is currently working on a new test line, with a new set of workshops...

Zec

Very nice, Zec. I'm loving all the content coming from VICTRAINZ at the moment, some of the highest quality stuff around. :D

Next time you're on Skype I'll need to ask some signaling questions for your VR semaphores, I've become a little too comfortable with thew CWS signals that when I replaced them the AI started jumping red lights. :confused:

When you converted this route to TRS2009, did all your track return to the default Auran standard bump?

Last edited:

*Gets list of all other reskins of other locos wanted* :p

While on duty at my local signal box I brought my brand new camera and took afew happy snaps of the many trains that passed
Screen_003.jpg

I was able to get a photo of a Adelaide bound freight passing
Screen_004.jpg

Screen_008.jpg

Screen_010-1.jpg

shortly after that I head the sounds of the recently built R 711 on a driver training run so I grabbed my camera and got these shots of this wonderful Locomotive
Screen_021.jpg

The last shot of the day was of a 81 class pulling 3 Spirit of Progress cars to the works for re building

While on duty at my local signal box I brought my brand new camera and took afew happy snaps of the many trains that passed

..........snippety-snip!................

Screen_021.jpg

The last shot of the day was of a 81 class pulling 3 Spirit of Progress cars to the works for re building

Yikes!,
Who was the last gang out there doing track maintenance!!???.
Perhaps a tad more ballast under the sleepers on the right-hand end is needed??.
(or is that just 'distortion' through the glass)?.
(thinks to myself......"maybe it was old Jock as foreman. He's two inches shorter in the left leg.
That would explain the odd camber, eh? :) )

:hehe::eek:

It's the Spirit of Progress set by AD602000 that is on the VicTrainz forums... Look under Content Release Announcements for it :)
Zec

A special loco doing some special duties at the Tarin Rock yards.

1231388485.jpg

1231393010.jpg

1231380414.jpg

1231352261.jpg

1231380146.jpg

1231393683.jpg

1231361471.jpg

Vic Rails TS2009 Class. Created by Zec. S301 on loan from ZecRail

Awesome work again Zec :D Thank you.

Regards

Last edited:
A day at the box

I spent another day at my local signal box and here are some shots from that visit
3.jpg
2.jpg

1-1.jpg

Recently over hauled K103 was on its test run. It ran light engine from Karra bay to Wattle creek and returned with 1 cw car ,1 ex Spirit of Progress car and the Zecrail Christmas loco which needed work done at our workshop
5.jpg

NR55 NRxx and NR74 pulled a Adelaide bound freight past our camera
Screen_029.jpg

Screen_031.jpg
Screen_027.jpg

During the evening I heard a whistle in the distance as it approached I saw it was steam Locomotive 2009 (a ex southern PS4) It was on a test run after its restoration I got a few pictures of this run one picture rounding a curve between Wattle junction and wattle creek, one picture of it at Wattle Creek station and a final picture of it in out skirts of Wattle Creek

Back