Australian screenshots

Just wanted to show off some of the latest scenery work done by Graeme on the South Coast Map. Truly amazing work, makes the dull job of catenary placement all the more worthwhile.

V70 stands at Wombarra with a Down Dapto Service.

V70 seen again between Wombarra and Coledale with the Pacific Ocean as a nice backdrop.

Great shots Aaron. The NSW catenary also looks great. This route is going to be a beauty. I can't wait to take a run on it myself.

I'd better get on and do mine.

Cheers mate.

Roy

Nice shots Aaron, looks great, I need to get cracking on my scenery, may I ask where is your south coast map going from and to, and what stations will it include?

cheers Ryan

Thanks guys.

Ryan, the Map runs from Hurstville to Port Kembla/Bomaderry and out to Moss Vale however I might release it in stages. See how we go. All stations are included.

Aaron
There is already a large part of the Illawarra completed on the DLS
NSW Illawarra & Southern Highlands Version3 (KUID:429700:100441)
This layout is from Woolongong to Kiama and across to Moss Vale and including Pt Kembla.
The route is prototypical and topographical so is able to be merged with some of my NSW Main South line routes.
Sofar most of southern NSW has been built under earlier versions of Trainz but all work in TANE.
Ive manager to merge them all into a single route so can run from Sydney Central to Albury. Many of the now defunct and closed regional lines
are also included.
While new NSW content is always welcome I hope you are not wasting your skills on something that may already be available.

PG

Hi PG,

I have
merged all the single routes from Picton to Albury.
Is the section from Sydney to Picton available on the DLS?

Jeff
Still a WIP.
All infrastructure, some scenery and no catenary yet except in parts, certainly drive able though.
Includes city circle, main south to Malden, Bankstown, east hills, Carlingford, west to Parramatta, North to Hornsby, south coast to Sutherland, no North shore yet past Wynyard.
PG

PGibbons,

Not wasting talent here mate. I didn't know that existed but I have been working on this DEM Map for years, mostly having to rebuild it multiple times due to complete meltdowns within Trainz itself. The only other person I was aware of that built this line stopped due to multiple Trainz failures which is a shame because it looked great years ago.
Its a personal Map, one I take a lot of pride in because it is my home Line and I know it extremely well. With Graeme doing the scenery, its really coming to life. No Dramas though, I'm pressing on because I'm excited to see it come to life after all these years. :)
What I don't want to do however is Sydney. It s a pain and even though I've worked on all lines before I have no ambition to work with it in Trainz. If a Sydney DEM map was ever finished to Hurstville, I would most likely just merge it to mine to complete the running.

G'day all. Lots of nice shots over the last week.
Just a few from me while trying out the new monitor.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

cheers
Graeme

G'day all. Lots of nice shots over the last week.
Just a few from me while trying out the new monitor.
cheers
Graeme

Graeme, nice shots as usual.

Over the past few days, I've been busy installing elstoko's NSW catenary on my Sydney Central route. To do it right, I felt the trackwork needed to be reset completely as well. In some sections, I've had to do a little widening, and re-detail the trackside.

Here are a couple of shots around Redfern and Eveleigh.

2018-08-04_190547.jpg

2018-08-04_191032.jpg

A 48 Class passenger consist from Wollongong pulls into Redfern #1. This was a regular through train stopping only at Sutherland, Hurstville, Redfern and Central.
2018-08-04_191349.jpg

2018-08-04_191531.jpg

2018-08-04_191708.jpg

A step back in time.
Cheers,
Roy

Graeme, Love that last shot mate very nice.

Roy, that looks great! Great job on the track, tidy trackwork work really sets a map off.

8150/48122 coast downgrade into Coledale with a loaded Grain Train.The scene is caught by the photographer taking a break from Stringing the Wires up. haha

Last edited:
Graeme, Love that last shot mate very nice.

Roy, that looks great! Great job on the track, tidy trackwork work really sets a map off.

8150/48122 coast downgrade into Coledale with a loaded Grain Train.The scene is caught by the photographer taking a break from Stringing the Wires up. haha

Nice shot Aaron,... By the way, who is that skinny guy holding up the platform fence?

Hasn't he got something better to do - Should dob him in to the foreman.

Thanks for the comments mate.

Cheers,
Roy

Just a small selection of Images.

imghost
Another peak hour Intercity services passes the recently reopened "Milk Depot" siding at Wadalbavale. The siding now services local framer exporting fresh produce. X50 idles away with a rake of Sadliers Vans.

software screenshot
V12 on an Afternoon Peak Hour services arrives at the recently refurbished Halley River Station.

upload image online
An Hook/Pull Train operates out of the Wadalbavale Logistic Hub. The Train run once a day between Wadalbavale Logistic Hub and the Karrah Bay Port. it exports the produces and merchandise out of Wadalbavale. PN currently provide the service. The contract will finishing up soon with SSR being shortlisted. here were see 8127 back in to the Karrah Bay port. Snice there is no triangle the train has to propel back in to the port.

N5 sits at Karrah Bay waiting to depart on the Wattle Creek-Karrah Bay Shuttle.

Cheers.
Zac

Last edited:
Wow Roy, you've outdone yourself this time. Wonderful shots
cheers
Graeme

Thanks Graeme for the kind comments, but I'm taking my time with this one.

Just about every time I get close to finishing a route, I find several things which could have been done better, or maybe I'd forgotten something important.

So it's back to the drawing board to look for the best solution.
Here's a few more shots,..
2018-08-04_191613.jpg

There were heaps of the NSWGR 620/720 units around in the 1950s. I love the Tuscan liveries.
2018-08-05_201807.jpg

In the 1950s, we often saw the 'Flying Boats' taking off from Rose Bay, as we travelled by ferry from Manly to the City.
2018-08-05_201843.jpg

Thanks to vulcan for this great model of a Short Sunderland Flying Boat of Ansett VH BRC. I hope to include a flight by this beauty on my 1950s route.
Cheers,
Roy

Two V sets are stable in Wadalbavale Yard in the Off peak will another passes on the Mainline after terminating at Wadalbavale.

Back