Australian screenshots

Hey all,

No. 162 hauls an Up Benalla Goods out of Wodonga...

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers.

Roy, looks good mate. I've always enjoyed your remake of Circular Quay.
Matt, the Ugly import looks great, you've done a Excellent job mate! haha

Out of interest, does anyone know of a asset that can be used as stations for tracks that aren't straight? Perhaps an overlay or Trackside assets? I don't use the built in ones because when building a prototypical map the stations are often curved or custom shapes. I currently use Trackmarks to stop the trains at my station which works very well but it doesn't operate the doors or have passengers move about the train.

Taggy, I've found that the AJS invisible stations are a great source of industry-enabled stations. Very customisable, and relatively easy to use, as well as a vast range of curved and straight stations, single, double, quad track.
One thing to be cautious of, though, is the saving of preferences. If you haven't got your head around layers, and editing route vs. session, you can run into some trouble.

Great work all around! I wish I could use more of these routes (laptop can't run T:ANE).

Taggy, I've found that the AJS invisible stations are a great source of industry-enabled stations. Very customisable, and relatively easy to use, as well as a vast range of curved and straight stations, single, double, quad track.
One thing to be cautious of, though, is the saving of preferences. If you haven't got your head around layers, and editing route vs. session, you can run into some trouble.

Great work all around! I wish I could use more of these routes (laptop can't run T:ANE).

Thanks mate, I'll check them out. :)

Roy, Matt thank you for the feedback, Roy that Sydney route is great the modern one and the old one are both so good, the amount of work you put into is great keep it up.

Matt, well well. That MZ class looks amazing I can’t wait to see it on DLS. The detail is great. Keep up the good work mate.

Roy, looks good mate. I've always enjoyed your remake of Circular Quay.

Thanks for the comments Aaron. I agree with Rex on the invisible stations, there are several AJS models that cater for various non-straight situations which are programmable for height and length.
Mate, if you only use trackmarks for station stopping, you can also use the driver command "Load Passenger" to open left or right doors for a designated time period.

Also wonderful screenshots guys. There is such a high standard lately by so many people. Keep it up fellas.

I've just finished building the 'no-longer in existence' No.7 Wharf at Circular Quay. This particular wharf handled smaller shipping goods, as well as harbour cruises. From the 1950s, Circular Quay was to focus more on tourism and passenger traffic, so a number of commercial wharves that surrounded the Quay were closed, then demolished.

Some of those taller buildings will have to go from my route and the green park will be replaced with Barton Street, a short 40m turning area which led from George Street to Circular Quay West being a road that followed the harbourside, until it merged with Hickson Road at the northern end. The Overseas Shipping Terminal is being replaced with something not quite so modern.

2018-07-30_182449.jpg

Cheers,
Roy

well, as my route is getting closer to Como I decided to search for a bridge to match Como rail bridge. I have chosen this bridge as the one for Como, ignore the poor water quality but here is what the bridge looks like.

Cheers, Ryan

well, as my route is getting closer to Como I decided to search for a bridge to match Como rail bridge. I have chosen this bridge as the one for Como, ignore the poor water quality but here is what the bridge looks like.
Cheers, Ryan

Nice shots Ryan.

For over 30 years I traveled across the Como Bridge to get to and from work each day. The bridge you've selected is pretty close to the dual track bridge and your gantry fits well. Before that bridge was built, it was the single track bridge running beside it. This was converted to a pedestrian bridge.

If you intend placing a pedestrian thoroughfare, have a look at <kuid2:56603:21026:1> cowra rail bridge. It's not identical but closely resembles it.

I've picked up a couple of images of both bridges taken from a speedboat.
Como_Bridge.jpg

The pedestrian bridge - the first single track bridge

Como_Bridge2.jpg

And the dual track rail bridge
Cheers,
Roy

Please,

Where to find this one?

teach.gif

Found the VR B Class. UTC!
Bogies not good, too UTC crappy, what bogey is used on the picture?

Hi Richarde57. The B Class was the original modified and weathered by H222 (Jamie) quite some time ago I believe, not sure. I checked and it is no longer available on the page I got it from. You would need to contact H222 and ask if he still has a copy he can give you. I am using it in TS12 but it runs fine in Tane.
Cheers, Baz.

The B Class above is the UTC one, all Jamie did was add some weathering to it and fit bogies that I built that can be found on Victrainz...

Hi Baz,

I remember reading some time back you where struggling to run large routes such as ARTC, I think the problem might be the rolling stock and locomotives you're using, for example the B Cass is fitted with my bogies, they are high poly and have no LOD at the moment, Pete's and Bearcat's grain wagons for example are about 10k poly each and with a train of 40 or 45 wagons that's 400k polygons as they have no LOD then their's the bogies on them then the locomotives so all up you'll be loading probably 700k polygons for a single grain train and if you have 3 or 4 rows of trains that's 2,800,000 polygons.

To give an example on how LOD works we will use one of my freight bogies... each bogie is about 11k polygons and by having a pair on a wagon that's about 23k polygons, now when you move a few wagons back the next LOD kicks in dropping the polygon down to 13k for the pair then when you move a few more wagons back the next LOD kicks in and dropping it to about 7k for the pair with the final LOD dropping it less than 50 polygons for the pair..... The VLEX are the same, they're about 16k + 23k = 39k total polygons with the next LOD at about 10k + 13k = 23k total polygons then the next is 2k + 7k = 9k total polygons with the final being less than 100 polygons.... So as you can see as you move away the total polygons in the scene drops but with no LOD you are still loading full polygons even on wagons that are 700+ metres away which is why frame rates drop and trainz bogs down.... This is one reason I'm obsessed with creating rolling stock and bogies as I'm trying to build content that improves on trainz performance for people wanting to play with Aussie stuff and to fill in the gaps of rolling stock we're missing... Even DavidO and Zec was building there stuff with LOD back in TRS2006, so really we should of been following their example from the start... I think TS12 was new when I started learning LOD and how to do it :) .

Cheers.

Thanks a lot Roy, that saves me a lot of time mate, appreciate it I’ll take a look at the Pedestrian bridge you suggested. I may or may not lighten the colours of the dual track bridge. once again Roy, thank you.

Thanks Aaron, really appreciate that mate. I'll give it a try with other Locos and rolling stock and see what happens.
Cheers, Baz.

Back