Australian screenshots

I will resolve this now.
Azervich, I wasn't aware of the Melbourne to Aubury lines gradient, I assumed that a single R class Mountain loco could be used, as I thought single S class pacific streamliners were used. But thanks for the tip, was only having a look at some VR content. :)

Red_Rattler, Thank you for pointing out something that in older posts of mine when I first started posting here, people seemed to miss.

H222, Fictional location yes, just my test track.

But I used the Spirit cars, because they just looked the best behind a R class.
I used the R class because, I'm no VR enthusiast, but as far as I can tell, I don't think a J, K or N class could handle 8 spirit cars. Which is what was behind the R Class. 6 Compartment cars, 1 Diner and the Observation car.

:)

-Eno Silvie

I went on a Single R Class to Warrnambool back in 2004 behind R 761, we had 7 Passenger cars and climbing the 1in50 to South Geelong and running about 35kph with the woofs making the windows vibrate, on the way back from Warrnambool we picked up a BZ and a BS car making it 9 cars long, leaving Warrnambool up the 1in50 it was a slow crawl, the weight would of been about 480tons as it was a mixture of 35ton cars, 45ton cars and 50ton cars.

Can view the photos here http://www.flickr.com/photos/77952175@N07/?details=1

The R Class might look like a powerful loco, but it's large driving wheels lowers it's Tractive Effort, it's almost the same as a J Class, The J Class is 29,460lbs at 85% Boiler, R Class is 32,080lbs at 85% Boiler, The S Class is 41,670lbs at 85% Boiler, Between the J and R it's about 3,000lbs T.E difference.

Cheers.

I encourage you to try and one day make a trip up to Sydney and go on one of the steam hauled trains to Thirlmere. Because November last year, I made a trip down from Broadmeadow to do that trip, and the sound of poor 3642 with 6 carriages, up the grade to Thirlmere, normally 3642 can handle that, but the day was horrible, windy and rainy as hell so that didn't help, lots of wheelslip.

But i haven't experianced much VR steam, did go to Puffing Billy back in 2008. But for me its been mostly NSW. I have seen the SAR steamrangers and the ARHS museums in WA and ACT (NSW Still), and Queensland steam for me has only been at the Zig Zag in Lithgow.

Azervich, isn't R766 now in blue, and a oil burner? (PM me your reply, trying to stay on topic here, lol)
But this is a SCREENSHOTS thread. That stuff is for Railpage. :)

Railpage name is Enoreth just if you were curious I guess. :/

-Eno Silvie

Last edited:
And thank god for small mercies Eno :hehe: there be enough of them there VR Weirdos around here mate..LOL
Cheers Mick.;)

Us NSW weirdos aren't that much better. The old rivalry of the Broad and Standard gauge railways better not appear here.

Do you go by a different name on the DLS, because I can't find some of the stuff in your screenshots, like the Aussie flatcars.

-Eno Silvie

Not everyone uses Railpage, I saw C3801 and Z1210 when I was 3 years old, was at Spencer St though.

azervich_20140202_0016_zps012a8e89.jpg~original

I see some Dogs hovering... I prefer Hover Cat to Base http://www.lolcats.com/images/u/07/39/lolcatsdotcomoh5o6d9hdjcawys6.jpg

Lol,
Cheers.

PN P's released yet Azza? R766 is currently being converted to standard gauge somewhere in NSW. 718 and 749 were the original oil burners. R711 has been repainted into blue and is now oil burning I think

I'll need to do some work on it before I can release it, it's got Bob P's fuel script in it and that'll need to be removed first, I'm using this one as a prototype to try and get two fuel scripts working, one for Genset and one for the main loco, I have the current one changed so it runs different to Zec's T Classes, such as it doesn't reset the throttle to 0, it cuts all power and only the enginesound still runs.

It does cut-out the Genset when it's out of fuel too, however because I've based the script on real 2 stroke V8 data it takes around 700km's of running to run out of fuel.

Cheers.

More of the VR screenshots.

FICTIONAL

S305 and A2 '934' Waiting at Cressy Station.

From the carriage, sees S305 round the bend into the tunnel.

With the S class, I am aware that there was only 4 members of the S class, but were the streamlined S classes separate to the S class in my screenshots.

-Eno Silvie

The VR S class were rebuilt into their Streamlined forms, S300-S303, and also received names. I do believe a 5 inch replica was built numbered S304, but retained the original 'non-streamlined' look. In terms of the A2s, there received numerous rebuilds and renumbering as the periods changed. In the last days of the A2s it was perhaps difficult to find a loco that looked exactly like a classmate, except for perhaps A2s 995 and 996, but don't quote me on that.

Cheers
Tim

Timothetoolman, Thanks for the information. I also wasn't aware that the A2s had modifications, besides the addition of Smoke Deflectors.

Those who saw one of my recent posts may know that I made a fictional advertisement photo for the Spirit of Progress. After I got the consist horribly wrong, I went back and did another one, this time using S301s amazing streamlined S class.

-Eno Silvie

Last edited:
Hi Eno,

I also noticed you said 'Fictional' again, The S Class did run on most main lines except for light lines or light mainlines, Cressy is a mainline to Ararat and heavy locos such as the C Class and X Class did run it all the time, the S would of run trips to Ararat too.

Cheers.

Hi Eno,

I also noticed you said 'Fictional' again, The S Class did run on most main lines except for light lines or light mainlines, Cressy is a mainline to Ararat and heavy locos such as the C Class and X Class did run it all the time, the S would of run trips to Ararat too.

Cheers.

While I do appreciate the information. The main reason I put fictional in nearly every one of my screenshot posts is because when I first started in Trainz and before I knew about the Australian Screenshots thread, I was posting in Railpage. I had done some accurate screenshots, but when I had posted a screenshot of a 59 class visiting Adelaide and clearly posted FICTIONAL on the post, people still told me it was wrong. I'm not sure what happened to that post, because I just ignored it due to just getting sick of people not reading the whole bloody post. But the people here seem to be a bit more calm about Fictional posts I guess because this is the Trainz forum after all, and Railpage has heaps of hardcore gunzels who will snap at anything that isn't right.

No harm done in the information you provided though. :)

-Eno Silvie

I use NSW and VR stuff on the Mojave, that's totally Fictional, no one really cares as it's a trainz forum, I think just putting 'Fictional' kinda ruins the screenshot as it maybe fictional or none-fictional.

That's one of the reasons why I don't use RailPage, too many ignorant people, I've seen some posts that popped up on Google searches which have all these V/Locity nutters saying 'open this line and run V/Locities, open that line and run V/Locities' problem is V/Locities don't run too good on curves 30chains or tighter, South Geelong is 25chains and they do 45kph, Sprinters and N Class run 60kph which makes them useless on allot of Light Main Lines, should of seen what they've done to some of the Geelong Line so they can run V/Locities, they did lots of one to two week mass line closures and altered some of the curves making them easier, N Class runs Geelong-Melbourne in under 60mins, V/Locities where taking 70-75mins when they started in 2005 when the Gov said that'll cut the times down to 45mins, they have yet to beat an N Class.

V/Locities are also annoying at night with their horns http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt2j_f0qJmM

here's an N Class on a 30chain radius curve http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S-HBoqFc7c

Cheers.

ACT (NSW Still)
No we're not. I'll have you know it's a full time occupation being surrounded, but we are definitely not NSW, we just occasionally let your trains into the territory on that really poorly maintained track you call a branch line that has a 60kmh speed limit because any faster and the rolling stock would fall off it. We are as much NSW as Vic is when they let the XPT over the border. mind your jurisdictional P's & Q's:D

Last edited:
I use NSW and VR stuff on the Mojave, that's totally Fictional, no one really cares as it's a trainz forum, I think just putting 'Fictional' kinda ruins the screenshot as it maybe fictional or none-fictional.

That's one of the reasons why I don't use RailPage, too many ignorant people, I've seen some posts that popped up on Google searches which have all these V/Locity nutters saying 'open this line and run V/Locities, open that line and run V/Locities' problem is V/Locities don't run too good on curves 30chains or tighter, South Geelong is 25chains and they do 45kph, Sprinters and N Class run 60kph which makes them useless on allot of Light Main Lines, should of seen what they've done to some of the Geelong Line so they can run V/Locities, they did lots of one to two week mass line closures and altered some of the curves making them easier, N Class runs Geelong-Melbourne in under 60mins, V/Locities where taking 70-75mins when they started in 2005 when the Gov said that'll cut the times down to 45mins, they have yet to beat an N Class.

V/Locities are also annoying at night with their horns http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt2j_f0qJmM

here's an N Class on a 30chain radius curve http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S-HBoqFc7c

Cheers.

I like the look of the V/Locities but that horn reminds me of some of the many reasons I dislike British diesels. Isn't Victoria one of the only states who still has loco hauled trains and not DMUs/EMUs?

No we're not. I'll have you know it's a full time occupation being surrounded, but we are definitely not NSW, we just occasionally let your trains into the territory on that really poorly maintained track you call a branch line that has a 60kmh speed limit because any faster and the rolling stock would fall off it. We are as much NSW as Vic is when they let the XPT over the border. mind your jurisdictional P's & Q's

I meant in terms of locomotives and rollingstock.

-Eno Silvie

Azza, Vlocity's stop at every station. Ns stop at one intermediate station between SCS and Geelong on their 60km/h run.

Eno, Australia is the only state with loco hauled passenger trains that run under 1000km or something, queensland has overnight trains or something

Past Page of this forum =

Just post the bloody shots, no need to say fictional, no need to pick this crap apart. Most of the time it's people who never post screenshots who nit-pick anyway

If what other people post bothers or bores you, ignore it, simple and if you don't like what I put in my posts, ignore them. I hardly post anyway. I posted a lot of VR ones asking questions because I noticed that there is a few Victorian people or at least VR fans on here and so I tried out some Victorian content and posted screenshots of it so that it made you Victorians happy and so that I can learn some Victorian railway practices.

- Eno Silvie

Azza, Vlocity's stop at every station. Ns stop at one intermediate station between SCS and Geelong

N Class have 1 out of 2 that are all stoppers with off-peaks to SSS, the peak ones has 2 out of 3 that are not all stoppers to SSS, it's also depends on the weight of the train, N Class run 3-5 cars with off-peak and run in less than 60mins, 7 to 9 cars peak and run in 65mins

Anyways, here's a 200km run I did on Patchy's route with a P Class and FSH set, took 6hrs 23mins LOL!
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q97/Azervich/azervich_20140203_0021_zpsea883131.jpg~original

the driver must have sore legs, been standing the whole shift >_>

EDIT: removed image tags due to photobucket being gay, even after deleting 5 pages worth of photos and video's it's still being gay.

Cheers.

Last edited:
For my test track, instead of having two separate maps, I had a go at doing duel gauge.
H222, with you're duel gauge track, how did you do yours? two separate track splines or did you make your own single spline?

I use VR BG Wood as Broad Gauge and Track only I think its called for Standard.

-Eno Silvie

Back