Australian screenshots

I decided to redo the traffic lights I created a while back. I've made each light and visor a separate piece. Should make it easier to make what I'm after. All I have to do is add the target boards and the body is complete.
trafficlight.png

I've also put together a few mast arms at 1.3M, 2.5M and 4.3M long:
mastt.png

that only one track and ballast combo in the track pack there are a large number of track and ballast styles in the pack... I used one of them in my route Port of Brisbane... I also will note that when I was playing around with that track type I sank it into the ground and it looked great with the uneven edges caused by the rough surface.

Over the last couple of months I started a project of making some genuine Aussie scenery items. Aussie stockmen on horses, cattle dogs, and Aussie people. Also Brahman cattle. The first part of this was 3 Oz windmills. What response did they get here? Not much, the standout and maybe the only response was a rather abusive post that they weren't available on the DLS. Thanks for the hours I'd put in making them. Now started on an Aussie digger war memorial. However I'm really wondering if there'd be all that much interest in any of these given the attitude here that if it's not a loco or at least a piece of rolling stock it's not worth much at all. I suppose people are content to keep on using cowboys and farmers in overalls on Oz routes. Very depressing really. this screenshot hasn't anything to do with this post just a route I made with crap speedtrees. If there's any genuine interest in this project I'd like some response otherwise I won't bother.

Mate I know how you feel about the track side object you have made... I made a few got bugger all response for them but hell I made them for my route and put them on the dls so they could go with my route... I didn't make them for a pat on the back or a response ...

but if you make them great if you don't them also great time saved on your part....

But, I ask you .... do you really do the things you do for any other reason but because you enjoy making the items .... ?? and the self satisfaction you get when you finish it and as far as your concerned you did a damned good job of it??
Who cares what other people think? If you enjoy doing the modelling then go for it... if someone can use it in their route and gets a better looking route because of it then coo-dose to you, everyone here make the models and loco's the rolling stock the routes the senarious because they enjoy seeing something they created and sharing it with others some people give the virtual pat on the back for your efforts... other just don't.. but because one person is ungrateful or your post was unfortunately posted at the same time another author posted images of a huge effort.. don't get upset.. we all appreciate everything that is created that gives an Aussie route a more life like believable feel.

:)

Keep your work up its a valued part of the community.. the more Aussie stuff on the dls the better....

Just wish somebody could make some gum tree's that didn't chew up the memory.. like speedtree...

Another point has just been anounced.

Like how many people do you see walking around Boonah, Beaudesert, Ipswich with business suits on. I mainly see people in thongs, shorts and singlets and some with even beards walking around.

-Cheers

And thats just the women of the area... good looking women in them there hills ... hey bubba!!!

Chris,

I feel the same way with my rollingstock, you make a good point. :D

*Update*

QR NG PB15 500 and two QR End Platforms; 1904 2nd Class BX Sitter & 1905 BXV 2nd class Smoking Carriage with interior view are now on the DLS.

The PB15 has full steam effects, custom cab and crew members.

May you all enjoy them without delay :)

Regards

Michael Gitsham

Mate I know how you feel about the track side object you have made... I made a few got bugger all response for them but hell I made them for my route and put them on the dls so they could go with my route... I didn't make them for a pat on the back or a response ...

but if you make them great if you don't them also great time saved on your part....

But, I ask you .... do you really do the things you do for any other reason but because you enjoy making the items .... ?? and the self satisfaction you get when you finish it and as far as your concerned you did a damned good job of it??
Who cares what other people think? If you enjoy doing the modelling then go for it... if someone can use it in their route and gets a better looking route because of it then coo-dose to you, everyone here make the models and loco's the rolling stock the routes the senarious because they enjoy seeing something they created and sharing it with others some people give the virtual pat on the back for your efforts... other just don't.. but because one person is ungrateful or your post was unfortunately posted at the same time another author posted images of a huge effort.. don't get upset.. we all appreciate everything that is created that gives an Aussie route a more life like believable feel.

:)

Keep your work up its a valued part of the community.. the more Aussie stuff on the dls the better....

Just wish somebody could make some gum tree's that didn't chew up the memory.. like speedtree...

They are all Pofig Trees
Good luck in finding them.

Cheers,
Patchy
LOL I went down that path once but only once.... shame they have been removed from the net...

I have tried to go to his project sitea number of times but seems something with my ISP (telstra) is making the site banned url zone conflict.. or something like that...

Last edited:

i wish that also.

the pofig trees i have will not show up in 2-010EE,
even though they are showing error free in cmp

i'm having a heck of a time trying to find low memory trees for the fassifern line.
it looks bare without what i had already placed there
cgeers
ron

i think it is safe to say that KENT YOUR BRISBANE VALLEY LINE IS FAULTY. I have gone and downloaded all the assets from the urls he placed on his thread with some of the dependencies that weren't on the DLS and I have downloaded every single object on the DLS that is required AND IT IS STILL NOT WORKING. I am really anoyed. I am now taking serious action :D.

@LittleBondi If you had any patience and waited for me to respond to your private message, this matter could have been solved without your rant on a screenshot forum. I've had the same problems as you, trying to get certain layouts to show in Trainz, but with reading the abundance of threads on these forums as well as everyone's friend 'Google' I managed to get them to work without the nonsense.

The quality of screenshots here continues to inspire. I did a bit of field work and ventured on the SDSR in early February to photograph as much as I could to help with recreating the Southern Line in Trainz, I've included a photo.

@Ghosty - Your depiction of Brisbane is flawless. Great stuff!
@Patchy - Love the Esk screenshot, looking forward to your next project.
@Falcon500 - I have to give a thank you for your textures. Looking an absolute treat on my layout.
@Stevo and @Axe - Continue to be blown away at every screenshot you guys post. Love it!

Cheers,
Kent

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thank you Hert for an actual SCREENSHOT. This thread was becoming unreadable, where are the moderators...

Anyway, let me continue the momentum.
ryanmcc201302250002.jpg

Shocking weather as an EMU leaves the NCL at Eagle Junction heading for the Racecourses.

G'day!

Just thought I'd let you guys know, the Old Ghan project is not dead, just slow progress due to family disputes and work. Here are some screenshots to prove it:

Curdimurka

Bridge near Curdimurka

Margaret

Coward Springs

Cheers!

Jake.

Nice to see people enjoying my smallish modular routes, was starting to think people were ignoring them. :)

They are perfect! I have merged a few together, perfect for just running trains, I get bored after starting a route and just want to drive trains now and then ;)

Cheers
David

Back