Australian screenshots

Cause I am human and stuffed up and had the wrong build number in the config - when the new update arrive on the DLS you will note it is now a TS12 modek - swaping the build number in the config might work for you but I do not support this.

All OK here now as I have worked it out by the improved model compared to the other CPHs. Thanks for the new model and yes it does go fast like it should, it fact the acceleration is just like the real thing!!!

Thanks
Peter

All OK here now as I have worked it out by the improved model compared to the other CPHs. Thanks for the new model and yes it does go fast like it should, it fact the acceleration is just like the real thing!!!

Thanks
Peter

Glad your happy, it took a bit of play to get it to run like a Tin Hare

Last edited:
Hi Kent, wonder if you can use this?
I sure hope so.
:cool: :cool:
Cheers,
Bill.

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys! My girl appropriately took me to the Workshops Rail Museum today.

@Bill.. Wow looks perfect! I and many others would seriously be lost without your gmax wizardry :)

Wishing you Many Happy Returns for the day Kent. Hope it was a good one for you. :clap::clap::clap:

Bill, I'm guessing that may be Toowoomba station making an appearance ??
Regards
Glen

Hey all,

Grey Ghost runs with the 4D set to assist if the 4D should have a failure
azervich_20120618_0001.jpg

Also, I noticed a problem with the 4D bogeys, it's been set to 'direct-drive 1' when it should be set to 0, 1 is used for linking the driver bogey to the pistons of a steam e-spec.

Cheers.

I am back.....

As Arnie would say, I am back again, albeit for some limited time only, despite my ongoing health issues, a recent motherboard melt down and other personal and medical issues I am facing. I finished re(building my work (3D) PC 3 days ago, actually it is a brand new unit with my older hard disks with all my 3D work in it and now I am eager to go on working in 3D again. After a lay off of about 2 months I have been working again in the last 3 days on the LDP Downer Demo locomotives, a somewhat dirty unit seen below, which will be followed by a clean one:

As one can see, a somewhat dirty Demo units. I finished Lod0 on this already, 3 more Lods to go. I also finished the "dusty" bogies for the LDP Class as well as finishing the bogies of the somewhat "rusty" brownish looking LDP QRN Class to follow modeling later. Click these 2 pictures for a larger one, no jaggies on these babies, as I cranked up anti aliasing 16 times.

In case someone would like to know the specs of my new work (3d) PC:

AMD 8 core FX 8150 CPU
Gigabyte GA-99OF XA-UD5 motherboard,
2x Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 2GB Graphic cards in CrossFire mode,
16 GB DDR3 1600 Memory, Win7 Ultimate
4 various hard disks, 2TB, 3x500 GB, etc.

I have to say, everything is fast on this beast, I installed Skyrim with its extra modded HD graphic pack and the new HD graphics in that game are unbelievable. Please excuse my "bragging", but I was surprised by the speed and capabilities of this PC. You might say, why not go the Intel I7 route when building a PC, I always had been an AMD person from way back, hence...

Enough bragging, back to the LDP Class. Hopefully these should be finished in a few weeks or so.

To all who wished me well to my ongoing health issues a big Thank You, it helps to know I am appreciated :).

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Vinnybarb, Great to see you back on the forum :D

Nice looking LDP's there!

Gee thats a pretty sweet machine you have there, would handle the games nicely :) (Working in IT I know those parts are good)
Would love to boost the memory up on my beast too! 8GB and 6 cores just doesn't cut it haha!

Anyway keep well!
Cheers
David

Nice work on the LDP's VB, I hope your health continue's to get back to it's normal self and well done mate i can't wait too see these babie's in game.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Great looking locos Vinny, hope you will fit and healthy again soon.

I have a question, what textures do you use for your Aussie routes? I can't seem to get a realistic one going for mine. Nice screen shots everybody!

Today I took Boobless_ed's DD17 for a test run and it was just as powerful as the BB18.25 on a test track I have with a standard load that I use for QR steamers, which is to be expected as it is Greg Cash's BB18.25 engine file. Up to 55MPH on a relatively long flat section over a few miles therefore impressive. Test track also included a fairly steep section and OK there too, of course!

In the real world the DD17 and the B17, B18.25 and BB18.25 were rated for the same loads although the DD17 needs tanks and bunker at least one third full for sufficient adhesion. On the Ipswich line with its 1/75 gradients the DD17 was rated with a full goods load [not passenger load] of 445 tons. Passenger loads were a bit less for stop start station trips and express trains at passenger speeds. The DD17 boiler was smaller than the BB18.25 to allow water and coal to be carried on the one frame and thus their power potential less.

Real world loads for DD17, B17, B18.25 and BB18.25 were;
1 in 40 was 225 tons , 1 in 80 was 475 tons , 1 in 120 was 710 tons and max of 850 tons but needed special latest version high strength drawgear fitted wagons as usual screw couplings limited maximum train loads to 650 tons for many years especially pre 1958. Loads etc mostly copied from this book P.200 and 263 http://railshop.com.au/prod27.htm

Great looking locos Vinny, hope you will fit and healthy again soon.

I have a question, what textures do you use for your Aussie routes? I can't seem to get a realistic one going for mine. Nice screen shots everybody!

Hi, if you refer to these screen shots above, this is the excellent TS12 build in Mojave Sub route, I use this route for drag tests in the mountains near the Horseshoe Curve. Plus it looks sort of Oz. For my own routes I just look what others use and I use these textures too.

@ all, thank you for your kind words. My health will never be the same again as it was just 5 months or so ago I am being told but I just have to soldier on as best as I can. What else is there left? So much to do in so little time. Anyway, that is all I know and I LOVE it ;).

Cheers and now back to the hamster wheel.

VinnyBarb

Great work VinnyBarb,

Its good to see you back on the forums, I hope your health does improve even more, remember your health should always come first. :)
Can I just pop an idea into your head, CSR's?

Cheers Luke

Back