Australian screenshots

Love your shots Steve
Starting my next project, See if anyone can guess where in Queensland

7376593744_0524eab744_h.jpg

Cheers,
Patchy

If only you could visit my email in box or PM inbox

But do a google image search on the tangara and you will be amazed at the how many photos there are of the T's running around with the coupler out -
there are not many showing it with a closed coupler.

Okay, in the interest of stopping misconceptions I feel I've got to weigh into this debate. I was wondering where this idea of retractable couplers on Tangaras came from but I didn't want to say anything as I'm truly grateful for everything you and Peter have done over the last few months and I respect your work.

I've worked on Tangara's since they first arrived on the scene. Tangara couplers cannot retract like the XPT couplers. They are actually a solid bar that runs under the front of the car and has the coupling mechanism mounted on the front of the bar. The whole thing is connected to an air operated centering mechanism that keeps the bar in line with the train when it's not going around corners. On top of the coupler mechanism is an electrical head that exposes itself when the mechanical portion is coupled to another set. This sometimes refuses to retract when uncoupled and is the part that gives rise to the term of an exposed coupler. The coupler itself cannot retract and is actually an integral part of the walkway between cars.

The whole idea of using this coupler was that it was meant to remove the Guard from having anything to do with coupling the sets as the Driver could just bump up against another set and everything short of raising the trip gear would happen automatically. Most of the time it works okay. I can't say for sure about the Victorian set but the couplers on our Tanagara's do not retract.

Railwayz

Last edited:
Okay,It is a coal line

Cheers,
Patchy

It isn't the point where the Newlands Coal system joins the NCL just part Bowen, is it? (I'm picturing the QRN locos on the NCL and the 'Bronco' Clydes heading an empty towards the coalfields. Hills in the background, I'm imagining fairly flat land behind the photographer)

Not even close, am I?

P.S: looking very good Patchy, wherever it is.

There is a few texture errors on the VR 4 Tangara,
steve123201206160003.jpg

Shot at 2012-06-16
steve123201206160002.jpg

Shot at 2012-06-16
steve123201206160000.jpg

Shot at 2012-06-16
steve123201206150007.jpg

Shot at 2012-06-14.
people can't say NSWGR_46Class that your not trying to please everybody, because you go right out of your way above and beyond to make everybody happy
steve

There is a few texture errors on the VR 4 Tangara,

people can't say NSWGR_46Class that your not trying to please everybody, because you go right out of your way above and beyond to make everybody happy
steve

Can you send me or post a screen shot hi-lighting the errors please mate = my screen and gmax do not co operate with each other so its a bit tricky seeing fine details at my end = I can see screen shots ok :)

Hi NSWGR_46Class,

I took the 4D for a test run and found the Control Trailer had this for a ceiling.

Allanluu_20120616_0005.jpg

I also had the same issue as below pop up when changing ends.

<snip>

Also, while on the subject of errors, has anyone else experienced this:

The above view is what resulted after swapping cabs, at the end of a run to heard back in the opposite direction. Rotating the view 180 degrees with the arrow keys does show the cab, however there is no way to control the train from that end. This happens irrespective of whether or not a driver is assigned to the power car.

Edit: sorry forgot to mention, this is the Tangara, and the issue exists on all versions.

Matt.

But otherwise I am very happy with the 4D/Tangara you have made, fantastic work. :)

EDIT: I just noticed some of the logos on the sides are also a little out of place, see this pic http://www.vicsig.net/suburban/4d/19911200-5000t-6000m-south-dynon-ig.jpg.

Last edited:
Been workin' on the railroad...

For a test of location knowledge and or if I'm close enough to the real thing... can anyone guess the location? I may have mentioned it in an earlier screenshot, so if I have, no cheating. :)

eh-2012-06-16-[1].jpg

eh-2012-06-16-[2].jpg

eh-2012-06-16-[3].jpg

eh-2012-06-16-[4].jpg

eh-2012-06-16-[5].jpg

Maybe my points naming convention may give a clue in the screenshot above...

Back