Auran have nothing to be afraid of with KUJU

jamy

I installed the Kuju Rail Simulator at the weekend, and I must say its not for me. A really over complicated piece of half finished software. If your a serious sim fan then this maybe for you but I like to just jump on a train and play using DCC controls, and editor doesnt come close to trainz surveyor

I installed the Kuju Rail Simulator at the weekend, and I must say its not for me. A really over complicated piece of half finished software. If your a serious sim fan then this maybe for you but I like to just jump on a train and play using DCC controls, and editor doesnt come close to trainz surveyor

Hi Jamy..........It was interesting to watch some of their stuff on YOUTUBE. My TRS2004 has me hooked though.:wave:

Out of curiosity I checked Ebay, and they are asking $71.00 US. Gee, it comes with 4 routes!!!!!!!!!!!:hehe: I figured if was only $4 to $5 US, I would bite. I'll pass........:wave:

Out of curiosity I checked Ebay, and they are asking $71.00 US. Gee, it comes with 4 routes!!!!!!!!!!!:hehe: I figured if was only $4 to $5 US, I would bite. I'll pass........:wave:

$4-5? that seems a little low. your not just paying for the routes. but the whole program. that being said $71 is a bit high too. I'd expect around $35-45 US

peter

$4-5? that seems a little low. your not just paying for the routes. but the whole program. that being said $71 is a bit high too. I'd expect around $35-45 US

peter

Hello Peter.....From what has been said here and in other threads, I am assuming it is not superior to Trainz. Because of the overall enjoyment I get from Trainz, any new rail simulation game would have to far exceed it for me to buy it at any price. Comments in other threads suggest that Trainz is the one for me. I dont want two different set-ups, but I would try one from Ebay if it is only a few dollars just to see what it is about. I would not care to pay $71, and have it lay idle and unused. If the comments had even slightly suggested that KUJU was far superior to Trainz, I would order it today without hesitation. :wave:

100% the same here.

I wait for Rail Simulator so many months. Because I want better grafic.
I only want to play a little bit - after hours I deinstall it today.

Now I wait again.
Buy TRS2006 - I don't know. My last was TRS2004.

I only want a new game, with a new grafic engine from Trainz.
Nothing to see in the future. Wait...

Going by the thread title.....I was hoping Auran would have something to "fear" (as worded).

Competition can bring out the best you know. A lack of competition can leave nothing to aspire to....and/or no motivation to improve. It's a shame really.

Drat!! :(

$71- US is about $80- in Aus and is less than what Fury is retailing for.

Fair price considering the investment that has to be made to make these games.

IMHO, KUJU surveyor needed to be easier and better to use(doable). Making it harder and more difficult to use has scared off a lot of potential interest.

Really after Trainz, we should all expect good easy editors to create worlds in, something that we want to jump into and is instantly addictive.

Whoever made surveyor should be congratulated. :)

Woud agree that thr Surveyor creator deserves a medal! Not being techy inclined finding tranz was a great discovery. I as I have said in threads elsweher could never have embarked on my present factual historical project if I didn't know about Trainz. Goodness I even gave up a meal date with an attractive female friend one night to finish a thing that was challenging me! Mind you she still got the meal a couple of nights later and no doubt did her the world of good waiting for me.....

This programme is the next best thing to being in the Magic Circle.

100% the same here.

I wait for Rail Simulator so many months. Because I want better grafic.
I only want to play a little bit - after hours I deinstall it today.

Now I wait again.
Buy TRS2006 - I don't know. My last was TRS2004.

I only want a new game, with a new grafic engine from Trainz.
Nothing to see in the future. Wait...

Perhaps it's me but I have a hard time with the "new graphics" argument. I am an artist by occupation, and I can't fault Trainz graphics. MSTS may look sharper, but not exactly more realistic, unless you happen to be in a situation where the lighting and the environment is correct for a sharper image. Are you guys running Trainz on one monitor, and MSTS on another, at the same time? I agree Trainz has a softer look to it, but much of the environment has the same appearance, if not the hard metal train cars.
Maybe a mixture of softness and sharpness is called for, but I don't think one is absolutely more or less realistic than the other.

Ed

IMHO, KUJU surveyor needed to be easier and better to use(doable). Making it harder and more difficult to use has scared off a lot of potential interest.

Not only that, Alan. Unfortunately for us (and for you Auranites too, lacking real competition (Hope you don't start to have a long nap :p )) RS lacks a lot of appeal for both trainzers and MSTS oldies.

But we trainzers are aware of the fact that making actual Surveyor even esaier is a hard job. Yo surely can improve it but you yourselves will find it difficult to makeit easier. We don't need that, you do know what we really need and ask from you, not TC. Make money with TC and invest it in better things. 2009? A reasonable term!

Take care down there,

Alberte :wave:

Perhaps it's me but I have a hard time with the "new graphics" argument. I am an artist by occupation, and I can't fault Trainz graphics. MSTS may look sharper, but not exactly more realistic, unless you happen to be in a situation where the lighting and the environment is correct for a sharper image. Are you guys running Trainz on one monitor, and MSTS on another, at the same time? I agree Trainz has a softer look to it, but much of the environment has the same appearance, if not the hard metal train cars.
Maybe a mixture of softness and sharpness is called for, but I don't think one is absolutely more or less realistic than the other.

Ed

Yes, Ed, you are right, what's really wrong with Trainz graphics?

This? ;)

249_3.jpg

or maybe this one taken with the same card and conditions on RS? :p

no_blending.jpg

Which one lacks blending and reality? My choice is obvious. But it's my humble choice.

Yes, Ed, you are right, what's really wrong with Trainz graphics?

This? ;)

249_3.jpg

or maybe this one taken with the same card and conditions on RS? :p

no_blending.jpg

Which one lacks blending and reality? My choice is obvious. But it's my humble choice.

hi i dont think this is right, post the best screenie you can find in trainz, then post the blandest you can find from KRS, trainz graphics are no where near as good as KRS, trees are thousands o times better than trainz, track is better with the animated junctions, (i know trainz has animated junctions but i found these hit performance pretty bad if used too much in one area), and if you placed as much content into an area as KRS have trainz would be brought to a standstill.

try driving a steam loco on the S&D it is quite chalenging, in trains you would open the regulator and the cut off, then just press the spacebar every so often to keep the boiler pressure up, trainz cant compete in this area.

granted surveyor is great, easy to just start it up and lay track and make it up as you go along, i think with KRS routes will need a lot of planning but the end results should be better

cheers

Gav

Last edited:
Actually all these comparisons are completely fair.
Think about it. Yes, Trainz has a solid community and that does give them an edge to a point. However, KRS is breaking into an already established market. It's perfectly fair to compare the best one sim has to offer to what comes stock out of the box.

Graphics: Over speculated content is not realistic pure and simple. KRS (and many other programs) lean towards shiny, over lit worlds. This is a simulator, which by definition means it's emulating the real world. Trains do not stay clean for long, nor do they bounce light everywhere.
Trees: I will admit KRS trees are much better looking, but Trainz has some wonderful trees available as well.
Track: KRS's design is a great idea, TRS could really benefit from something like this (hint hint Auran :))
Frame rates: This area is a grey one. It really depends on many, many areas. Most obviously the computer specs, and the poly count of the scene. Once KRS gets the same type 3rd party content I guarantee you'll see a serious dip in performance. It's the same problem you see with Trainz. The more polys in a given scene the more stress is put on the computer.
Route building: TRS and KRS alike take a lot of planning to design a high-quality route, they also both take a lot of work. Between the two however, even in the hands of an experienced person, KRS is a much harder system to work with. Like MSTS, KRS definately has the potential to be a good route builder system, BUT in comparison to TRS's surveyor it is a flop.

Yes you are right, I reinstall it...
I test the editor again, again and again.

Now I have enough from this.:n: in some hours I resell it in Ebay.
I load me the demo from TRS2006, because TRS2004 was my last game from Auran.

;) Nobody can blame you for not giving RS another chance.. but some short-sighted guys, somewhere, want us to tell this new "king of sims" is not naked, that is parading full dressed and full speed ahead. And I still see it naked... :hehe: surely I need some new glasses to match those short-sighted guys. :cool:

I'm not 'e-baying' it because I like seeing it shelved along with my TC collection. (Please, trainzers, support TRS2009 by getting TC! ;) )

Take care and nice 'e-bay' weekend :hehe:

Last edited:
;) Nobody can blame you for not giving RS another chance.. but some short-sighted guys, somewhere, want us to tell this new "king of sims" is not naked, that is parading full dressed and full speed ahead. And I still see it naked... :hehe: surely I need some new glasses to match those short-sighted guys. :cool:

I'm not 'e-baying' it because I like seeing it shelved along with my TC collection. (Please, trainzers, support TRS2009 by getting TC! ;) )

Take care and nice 'e-bay' weekend :hehe:

??short sighted, i take it you mean the people who suport and like the new sim, i am amazed at the trainzers i see wingeing about the bugs in KRS, i certainly dont feel as let down with KRS as when i did 2006 was released, and some problems there were never really fixed, just worked around.

if TRS can offer a driving experience then i think trainz could still compete but saying as trainz arn't supporting scenarios and pushing sessions, which never go as planned, then route creators are wasting their time creating routes as im sure the drivers will be elsewhere.

i dont think people using and making the most of KRS are short sighted, i think the opposite, its the peeps who are too long in the tooth to move on and learn something new who are the short sighted ones.

i think people should wait and see what the dev tools have to offer and how good a job they do of patching before they cast it to the bin

Gav

I will certainly buy KRS when I can... simply because it's a train sim.....I don't enjoy train sims based on whether it's as good as or not as good as another train sim. Seems people want more of a scenery sim and less of a train sim.....my interest is in trains, not trees....and I don't care if the water is transparent or not....how many bodies of water can you see the bottoms of as you're driving by...or standing next to for that matter. :p

For those whose main interest is creating routes and such, then I can see the desire for being able to create photo-realistic scenery....but in those cases, the focus is not on train simming....for me, it's how realistic the trains and their operation are simulated...:cool:

Imersion Driving

Hi All,

In all the threads relating too krs, constantly the subject of "Driver Imersion" is mentioned.

Here is a comparison you can make.

On the dls is this engine:-

Kuid2:193148:1226:4

A4SilverJubilee3.jpg

This engine has been setup specifically for 2006/TC "Cab Mode" with Wheelslip and Coupler breakage engaged.

Now although the espec and the cabin script have further improvements pending, I would appreciate your comparative observations as too how this engine behaves in 06/TC v. Krs in Driver Mode.

Please don't forget to setup with vehicle physics rule sellected.

I Would suggest a load of around 350t - 450t

I would appreciate your comments, as so much work is going into the developement of "Driver Mode" behaviour.

Thank's all,

Alex:)

Back