ATLS Problems

BN1970

Trainz Plus Beta Tester
:confused:Anyone having a bug with the ATLS Controllers after build 119450? Ever since upgrading from 119450 to present build, my atls does not work anymore. I get the following in my bug report:

- <kuid2:76656:500010:21> : File controller.gs, Line 161, ER_Exception
; <kuid2:76656:500010:21> : Script class: controller
; <kuid2:76656:500010:21> : MeshObject: <kuid2:76656:500010:21> "ATLS CONTROLLER TRS19"
; <kuid2:76656:500010:21> : Script callstack
; <kuid2:76656:500010:21> : function $void@controller::Timer(), line 76
- <kuid2:76656:500010:21> : null object at parameter 1 (file world.gs)
; <kuid2:76656:500010:21> : Script class: controller
; <kuid2:76656:500010:21> : MeshObject: <kuid2:76656:500010:21> "ATLS CONTROLLER TRS19"
; <kuid2:76656:500010:21> : Script callstack
; <kuid2:76656:500010:21> : function $GameObject@World::GetGameObjectByIDIfLoaded(GameO bjectID), line -1
; <kuid2:76656:500010:21> : function $void@controller::Timer(), line 76

Any thoughts on what has happened would be appreciated. Maybe Boat will see this thread and look into it. I've tried replacing the controller in the newest build, but still get the bug. Reported to N3V, but never got back to me.

I have no issue with the ATLS crossings and components.

Have you updated to the latest versions for everything?

Yeah, John, all ATLS components are at their latest build. If worse comes to worse, I may have to reinstall 119450 and update from their again. There must be something corrupted somewhere.

I think you're right. I was trying to come up with an easier solution, but I can't find any. I wonder if a DBR might work?

I’ve just discovered an issue with ATLS and the latest Trainz Build. I’ve just upgraded to Build 122418.

Since then I get a lot of errors on ATLS which had me pulling my hair out. (And I don’t have much left).

Eventually it looks like the function SerialiseGameObjectIDFromString() is the culprit.

It’s not been an issue in previous versions of Trainz but with this latest version, if there is a comma character , in the name of the asset, that function fails.

Unless you have used the ‘save to map’ feature in ATLS then there shouldn’t be a problem. But if you have, this saves ATLS with a unique name containing a comma. And ATLS falls over.

The only solution at the moment is to re-name and save all your ATLS assets without using the ‘save to map’ feature….. and without any commas in the name.

I have reported the issue to the helpdesk so hopefully it will be looked at before the next edition of Trainz.

I’ve just discovered an issue with ATLS and the latest Trainz Build. I’ve just upgraded to Build 122418.

Since then I get a lot of errors on ATLS which had me pulling my hair out. (And I don’t have much left).

Eventually it looks like the function SerialiseGameObjectIDFromString() is the culprit.

It’s not been an issue in previous versions of Trainz but with this latest version, if there is a comma character , in the name of the asset, that function fails.

Unless you have used the ‘save to map’ feature in ATLS then there shouldn’t be a problem. But if you have, this saves ATLS with a unique name containing a comma. And ATLS falls over.

The only solution at the moment is to re-name and save all your ATLS assets without using the ‘save to map’ feature….. and without any commas in the name.

I have reported the issue to the helpdesk so hopefully it will be looked at before the next edition of Trainz.
haven't had an issue with ATLS for 6 years now just the minor hiccup of the crossings staying activated after a train has long passed.
Cheers
Retro

An update on ATLS Fails after upgrading, (in my case to to Build 122418)………

Having finally re-named all my ATLS assets and removing the commas, (see above), most ATLS Channels worked for me but not all. A few still failed.
The fault seems to be random affecting some Channels and not others. It would appear to be some corruption in the transfer to the new build but it’s difficult to determine.

When an ATLS Controller or a Slave is placed, it sends a message to the ATLS Script Library. The Library keeps a record, in the form of an array of all ATLS assets and their Channel numbers which is saved when you save Surveyor.
In the faulty ATLS setups, the array was bigger than it should have been and contained several empty or null array elements. No idea why.

I found that in almost all cases deleting the ATLS Controller and replacing it with another cleared the problem as it re-set the array. In a couple of cases I also deleted and replaced some Slaves. One of my ATLS Traffic Lights was bizarrely displaying all three colours at once, even in Surveyor. I replaced that too and it behaved afterwards.

So if you are still getting faults, even with no commas, try deleting and replacing.

Hope that helps,

Boat

Thanks SW1500. Not done much with Trainz over our summer. Still trying to catch up.

On another topic, has the terrain issue been sorted? On conversion, most of my route has bits of terrain higher than it should be with planes of 'grass' etc popping up above the track. I spent ages getting the terrain hight just right and now it's all over the place. And then there's the moving terrian as you pass by it. Makes me feel like I've taken an illegal substance! Is this a common issue do you know?

Thanks SW1500. Not done much with Trainz over our summer. Still trying to catch up.

On another topic, has the terrain issue been sorted? On conversion, most of my route has bits of terrain higher than it should be with planes of 'grass' etc popping up above the track. I spent ages getting the terrain hight just right and now it's all over the place. And then there's the moving terrian as you pass by it. Makes me feel like I've taken an illegal substance! Is this a common issue do you know?
That's the PBR textures causing both of those issues. Some textures are better than others and the jellyfish guts on hillsides all but disappear with the new HD terrain if you have a version that supports that. HD terrain, though has other caveats to watch out for including much larger route sizes and a 16-color maximum per baseboard.

You can disable the anomalies by changing your shader level to "Basic". This is found under the Performance tab under Trainz settings on the Launcher.

That's the PBR textures causing both of those issues. Some textures are better than others and the jellyfish guts on hillsides all but disappear with the new HD terrain if you have a version that supports that. HD terrain, though has other caveats to watch out for including much larger route sizes and a 16-color maximum per baseboard.

You can disable the anomalies by changing your shader level to "Basic". This is found under the Performance tab under Trainz settings on the Launcher.
Phew, thanks John - worked. Don't need my travel sickness pills to run trainz anymore now! ;)

@boat Just to clarify...I should not save any ATLS assets to the map, and just leave whatever name the software automatically assigns, correct?

Or, should I save the ATLS assets to the map, but without any commas in the names?

Thanks in advance. Tearing what's left of my hair out, trying to fix all the ATLS crossings in my Stockton Shortlines route.

Last edited:
The latest updates in Trs19, for these ATLS tram signals:
<kuid2:76656:500014:13> ATLS Tram Signal Lhs Std offset TRS19
<kuid2:76656:500030:7> ATLS Tram Signal Lhs Close offset TRS19
<kuid2:76656:500015:13> ATLS Tram Signal Rhs Std offset TRS19
<kuid2:76656:500031:7> ATLS Tram Signal Rhs Close offset TRS19

are missing these assets from creator, boat:
<kuid:76656:121>
<kuid:76656:122>

Anyone know the whereabouts?

The latest updates in Trs19, for these ATLS tram signals:
<kuid2:76656:500014:13> ATLS Tram Signal Lhs Std offset TRS19
<kuid2:76656:500030:7> ATLS Tram Signal Lhs Close offset TRS19
<kuid2:76656:500015:13> ATLS Tram Signal Rhs Std offset TRS19
<kuid2:76656:500031:7> ATLS Tram Signal Rhs Close offset TRS19

are missing these assets from creator, boat:
<kuid:76656:121>
<kuid:76656:122>

Anyone know the whereabouts?
Not yet. I reverted to the previous version until these receive their dependencies because these affected a couple of my routes.

Oops! Sorry about that. Forgot to upload the new coronas.

Just uploaded them so they should be on the DLS very soon.

Boat

By the way, the commas problem for ATLS, (see above post) is fixed in later versions of Trainz. So ignore it.

Thank you, Mike, for taking care of this. I thought maybe the DLS had delayed the upload for the missing parts as it's done in the past.

Back