ATI cards

orca48

I just replaced my nvidea 5700gt card with an ATI Sapphire hd 2600 Pro card.Now its holidays and game won't run and store is closed.10 days no TRAINZ!!!!!!Withdrawal symptoms have begun.All I get when I start the game is VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands.I have been unable to remedy this.Lots of ideas on net but no definite answer.Does anyone have any ideas what this is all about?I gotta gut feeling I should have stuck with Nvidia.

Maybe is the Video-Controller-Software to old? ATI Catalyst 8.5 is the latest. I have a ATI Radeon, x1950Pro and HD Mobillity 3470 Card. I have no Problems with that. (SRY my English is bad) ;)

You need to remove all traces of Nvidia. Some programs will do this, can't remember name, it will clean the registry for you.

That is often a problem when going from an Nvidea to an ATI. If you have Nvidea, it is best to stay with Nvidea. Besides I read that Trainz is optimized for Nvidea boards. I just changed from an Nvidea 5700u to a 6200. No problems at all.

Back