ATI cards

orca48

I just replaced my nvidea 5700gt card with an ATI Sapphire hd 2600 Pro card.Now its holidays and game won't run and store is closed.10 days no TRAINZ!!!!!!Withdrawal symptoms have begun.All I get when I start the game is VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands.I have been unable to remedy this.Lots of ideas on net but no definite answer.Does anyone have any ideas what this is all about?I gotta gut feeling I should have stuck with Nvidia.

The clean way is reinstall the operating system, you need to remove all traces of the old drivers.

Cheerio John

Just checking - does it need a power lead plugged in, in addition to the board itself being plugged into the system board slot? Sorry if that's totally obvious. If not, check the installation instructions leaflet.

HTH, John

The power supply is 400W.This is possible.You would figure the guy at the computer store would have known this.Just glad to have game up and running again.

The power supply is 400W.This is possible.You would figure the guy at the computer store would have known this.Just glad to have game up and running again.
If you do get a new power supply then make sure you get a "Named Brand" power supply as these provide more stable and "clean" power than some "Made in Koreistanchina" box.

Back