At least the trainz AI knows the difference between up and down...

NikkiA

I was flying a flight for the VA I'm part of, when this gem cropped up on ATC:

wFNVs.png

My initial reaction was 'hmm, even the trainz AI isn't THAT stupid...'

I was flying a flight for the VA I'm part of, when this gem cropped up on ATC:

wFNVs.png

My initial reaction was 'hmm, even the trainz AI isn't THAT stupid...'

FS2004 is stupider.

Occasionally, ATC will say "You are 0 above your assigned altitude".

Don't even get me started on incorrect parking locations (ex. jetBlue in a Southwest or Continental gate).

But, Trainz can be stupid sometimes.

I occasionally get some drivers that back up on a loop instead of continuing forward.

Last edited:
FS2004 is stupider.

Occasionally, ATC will say "You are 0 above your assigned altitude".
FSX still says that, and in fact said it to this particular aircraft a few minutes later...

Don't even get me started on incorrect parking locations (ex. jetBlue in a Southwest or Continental gate).
That comes down to the quality of AFCAD files, and the third party traffic manager you're using. I can't really fault MS on that - although they could have gotten the AFCAD stuff right in the first place but their scenery is built on fairly old data (my local airport - EGNM - is still in it's pre-2000 configuration of two runways, even in FSX). But coupled with their inability to license use of airline names/liveries/etc I'm not surprised that gate assignment is all over the place. That's what 3rd parties are for though...

But, Trainz can be stupid sometimes.

I occasionally get some drivers that back up on a loop instead of continuing forward.

Indeed, but it's largely the same kind of situation as AFCAD files, as long as the route is signalled properly with direction markers, then things tend to work right, it's fairly rare that you need to break out priorities and other means of forcing route choice.

I use AFCAD files from Traffic 2005 and third parties and I still get my own aircraft assigned to the wrong parking spot.

Another place where Trainz is better, at least you can choose which track to put your train on.

Back