Article: Trainz Service Pack 1 - give us your feedback.

I'll try again. I've just taken the survey and forgot somethings.

This I put, tunnel track no longer works as it used to in all Trainz versions upto and including TS12 build 61388. I did a test and in in T:ANE smoke remains on and no headlights are turned on. In a long tunnel, having sunlight all the way is off putting.

The Showkuid is half the size it used to be. I now have to squint to make out the kuid. Can it be put back to normal?

When running a route with Ctrl-H pressed to hide all direction arrows etc. except for the HUD, it is off-putting to see junction arrows flip on and off. This never happened before. Hide is supposed to hide fully except when the cursor passes over the junction or turntable. Real life junctions don't have big direction arrows appear and disappear as a train passes.

I would have put in a bug report but cannot find the location.

I'll try again. I've just taken the survey and forgot somethings.

This I put, tunnel track no longer works as it used to in all Trainz versions upto and including TS12 build 61388. I did a test and in in T:ANE smoke remains on and no headlights are turned on. In a long tunnel, having sunlight all the way is off putting.

The Showkuid is half the size it used to be. I now have to squint to make out the kuid. Can it be put back to normal?

When running a route with Ctrl-H pressed to hide all direction arrows etc. except for the HUD, it is off-putting to see junction arrows flip on and off. This never happened before. Hide is supposed to hide fully except when the cursor passes over the junction or turntable. Real life junctions don't have big direction arrows appear and disappear as a train passes.

I would have put in a bug report but cannot find the location.

The bug report option is on the Helpdesk on the first page of the troubleshooter.

Shane

I have a boxed set of TANE.
I cannot get any pleasure out of trying to play with the game as every function is subject to delays.
I find that when I try to zoom in using the mouse or keyboard it takes forever to move and then then is very jumpy.There is no smoothness to the operation of any of the functions in the game. Since I downloaded the Newcastle Shunter it has become very bad.
I think that since the service patch download thing have become far worse and 2010 Engineer,s and 2012 are far better to use.
I have tried every different setting but still think this is a disaster

I have a boxed set of TANE.
I cannot get any pleasure out of trying to play with the game as every function is subject to delays.
I find that when I try to zoom in using the mouse or keyboard it takes forever to move and then then is very jumpy.There is no smoothness to the operation of any of the functions in the game. Since I downloaded the Newcastle Shunter it has become very bad.
I think that since the service patch download thing have become far worse and 2010 Engineer,s and 2012 are far better to use.
I have tried every different setting but still think this is a disaster

Can I ask what build you are using and what your system specifications are? (the build is the 5-digit number on the Launcher screen)

Shane

I'm astounded I have to even ask this, but how do I know that the SP1 update succeeded? There appears to be no TANE new startup, no indication of the current version when I use the trainz launcher, just a very cryptic buid number - 58414 on the small startup menu (Start/Options/Content, etc.) Is there a doc with the new features/content that I can read to find out what's so new and wonderful.

and another thing - when I first got TANE installed, it started and I went to the Steam tutorial. I saved that, but it's no longer on my saved sessions - and in fact, the steam tutorial isn't there either. This leads me to believe that my old Trainz launcher wasn't really updated.

Last edited:
and another thing - when I first got TANE installed, it started and I went to the Steam tutorial. I saved that, but it's no longer on my saved sessions - and in fact, the steam tutorial isn't there either. This leads me to believe that my old Trainz launcher wasn't really updated.

OK, I've got it figured out. There are at least 2 bugs in the installer:
1. For various reasons, my primary disk is D:, not C:. All other installers recognize this and offer to install in D:\program files ... but the TANE installer just assumed C: When I edited the offered location, it did the right thing
2. Nothing was added to my start menus and no icon was created or offered to be created - note I'm running windows 10. It was easy to create a desktop icon (aka shortcut), probably easy to manually create the menu item, but I shouldn't have to. Net result is that after installation, as delivered, there's no way to run the app.

OK, I've got it figured out. There are at least 2 bugs in the installer:
1. For various reasons, my primary disk is D:, not C:. All other installers recognize this and offer to install in D:\program files ... but the TANE installer just assumed C: When I edited the offered location, it did the right thing
2. Nothing was added to my start menus and no icon was created or offered to be created - note I'm running windows 10. It was easy to create a desktop icon (aka shortcut), probably easy to manually create the menu item, but I shouldn't have to. Net result is that after installation, as delivered, there's no way to run the app.

I would suggest you put in a bug report via the Helpdesk if you think there's a bug in the installer.

Shane

Been a while since I installed T:ANE but doesn't the opening screen ask where you want it installed? While my primary disk is C: , I have everything installed on another disk, D: in my case.

I should've stuck with TS12. This game p***es me off so bad. Crash after crash. Hours of work on my layout gone. I've had it since day one and it hasn't got any better. Been Playing this game since Trainz 2010. Maybe even earlier. The performance just sucks. I really do love this game. It's so fun, but I HATE it at the same time. Long load times. Crashes constantly. I'm in the middle of editing a layout that I'm working on, 2-4 hours worth of work. BAM! Crashes and closes out of Nowhere. It really pisses me off. I really do love this game. I've got major back problems and other medical issues. This is like my digital model train. I just hate the fact that I put in hours of work and building and it doesn't get saved, because it is so unstable. Again I really enjoy this game. Just wish it was more stable.

Last edited:
That sounds like you are using an old version, no crashes on the latest build, what build are you on? should be 81296 or 80324 if DRM free.

That sounds like you are using an old version, no crashes on the latest build, what build are you on? should be 81296 or 80324 if DRM free.
Just updated. Now I'm on 81296. I'll have to see how this works. Why didn't it do an auto update? It usually notifies when there is a patch or up date available.

Since build 82718, I encounter problems with AI trainz that don't automaticly switch junctions to their next destination (either station or directionmarker), so they stay waiting until forever (or a manual switch). Anyone any ideas ?

Back