Article: Trainz Service Pack 1 - give us your feedback.

Is this the online patch that is failing? Have you tried the offline version? I did and had no problems doing the upgrade to 80345.

Is this the online patch that is failing? Have you tried the offline version? I did and had no problems doing the upgrade to 80345.

I have tried all of the options. Afraid it seems to be a dead issue now. I can't even get the base game to install now. :(

I have tried all of the options. Afraid it seems to be a dead issue now. I can't even get the base game to install now. :(

In that case, I would have a real close look at that computer. Something must have changed since the last time you installed T:ANE. Just to be clear, what do you mean by base game?

In that case, I would have a real close look at that computer. Something must have changed since the last time you installed T:ANE. Just to be clear, what do you mean by base game?

By "base game" I mean the actual T:ANE program. I can't get anything to work. I doubt it is anything in my system. Nothing has changed on it since the original installation. I have tried everything I can think of here. As a last effort, I am going to try downloading with the firewall off. I really hate to turn it off, but at this point, I am out of options if I want to use T:ANE again. If this doesn't work, then I guess I will have to write it off as a loss.

By "base game" I mean the actual T:ANE program. I can't get anything to work. I doubt it is anything in my system. Nothing has changed on it since the original installation. I have tried everything I can think of here. As a last effort, I am going to try downloading with the firewall off. I really hate to turn it off, but at this point, I am out of options if I want to use T:ANE again. If this doesn't work, then I guess I will have to write it off as a loss.

----Well, no luck. I have wasted almost an entire weekend on this and still nothing. In fact, I came out behind because I now no longer have T:ANE at all! I have exhausted everything I can think of, and then some. I give up. Should have just left the damn thing alone and never even tried to "update" it in the first place.

Thanks for the help and ideas. Sadly none worked. :(

It is much better than the first few iterations. I like it more than the stuttering I get in TS12, too. Just need to move things over from TS12, then I can move forward, and put TS12 to bed.

:)

On the surface the TANE SP1 seems to run fairly well on my modest machine. I really haven't had much time to actually play the game because I've spent over 8 hours total researching, downloading, and installing SP1.

Guys there has to be an easier, less confusing, and more intuitive way to push these updates to the end user.

That is for sure!! I have now lost my entire T:ANE installation because of the insanely complex "updating" process! ...And wasted almost an entire weekend on trying to make it work.

Again, not sure what you call the actual T:ANE program. What build number is it? Keep downloading? So you don't have a local version of T:ANE on disk to be able to install it. With others able to install, I doubt it has anything to do with T:ANE. But you say it installed before. Do you have an offline installer, that is, does it need to go online to get more data during the install or is it an offline version, that is all the data is local? If the file you receive is corrupted, it must of happened somewhere on the way to your computer, something that N3V has no control over. You might want to investigate getting T:ANE on disk or on USB. See this thread for an offer on that by Nicky9499.

Don't know about insanely complex updating. I checked to see what my current version was, downloaded the one required update file and it was done. Of course always make a backup copy to a safe place before making any major change like updating, even locally, this can go wrong.

Last edited:
Again, not sure what you call the actual T:ANE program. What build number is it? Keep downloading? So you don't have a local version of T:ANE on disk to be able to install it. With others able to install, I doubt it has anything to do with T:ANE. But you say it installed before. Do you have an offline installer, that is, does it need to go online to get more data during the install or is it an offline version, that is all the data is local? If the file you receive is corrupted, it must of happened somewhere on the way to your computer, something that N3V has no control over. You might want to investigate getting T:ANE on disk or on USB. See this thread for an offer on that by Nicky9499.

Don't know about insanely complex updating. I checked to see what my current version was, downloaded the one required update file and it was done. Of course always make a backup copy to a safe place before making any major change like updating, even locally, this can go wrong.

Well! Looks like I owe everyone here a big apology for my attitude over the past few days. Looks like the issue was indeed on my end. I have been using the wrong program to unzip the files. It appears that WinZIP does not seem to get along with this program for some reason. I just tried it using WinRAR, and it is installing as I type this message. I kind of feel like a fool because I should have checked that right from the start.

I want to again thank everyone who responded and tried to help get this going for me. Really do appreciate it. :)
BTW, I am doing the "offline" installation, and so far it seems to be going flawlessly. We will see how it does once completed.
Thanks again everyone.

Well! Looks like I owe everyone here a big apology for my attitude over the past few days. Looks like the issue was indeed on my end. I have been using the wrong program to unzip the files. It appears that WinZIP does not seem to get along with this program for some reason. I just tried it using WinRAR, and it is installing as I type this message. I kind of feel like a fool because I should have checked that right from the start.

I want to again thank everyone who responded and tried to help get this going for me. Really do appreciate it. :)
BTW, I am doing the "offline" installation, and so far it seems to be going flawlessly. We will see how it does once completed.
Thanks again everyone.

SUCCESS!! Everything installed and updated exactly as it was intended. Have launched the game and messed about in Surveyor for a few minutes. Everything is as it should be.
Gotta say that so far, it actually does seem to "feel" more smooth than the unpatched version did. Will let you all know how it goes once I have had a chance to "put it through its paces". For now, I am a happy camper...albeit a bit embarrassed . :)

You're not the first and will certainly not be the last to have "issues" that turn out to not be issues after all. As for Winzip, early on during beta testing, I too had problems where Winzip didn't completely extract all the files from the zip file I downloaded. After I started to use 7-zip, those problems went away. I never validated if a more up to date version of Winzip would have also solved the problem, I was just happy to be able to continue.

SP1 downloaded fine. I started to create a new layout and added portal basic. I can add trains and drivers, but not commands. A test track consisting of portal basic, a length of track, and a TM won't let me add commands, though I have tried several different trains and drivers. Is this a new glitch or has the download not worked correctly? Advice appreciated.

You're not the first and will certainly not be the last to have "issues" that turn out to not be issues after all. As for Winzip, early on during beta testing, I too had problems where Winzip didn't completely extract all the files from the zip file I downloaded. After I started to use 7-zip, those problems went away. I never validated if a more up to date version of Winzip would have also solved the problem, I was just happy to be able to continue.

Absolutely. It was too easy for me to start thinking there was something wrong with the file I was trying to download. I didn't even think about using Winrar until today at work. Then I could hardly wait to get home and try it. I don't know why I didn't think of it before. since I have had Winrar on this system for a couple of years. I have heard good things about 7-Zip as well.
It was such a relief when I made it past that error screen...and then saw the files installing! A couple of restarts and rebuilding of the database and I was up and running. Just embarrassing to know that I had the answer right here the whole time, LOL.

Off ta sleep now. 4:00AM cones very early, LOL. Thanks again. :)

I have TS12 on it's own dedicated drive. I purchased TANE SP1 on 23rd Jan. I downloaded the Offline-Installer some 12hours later it was really slow. I tried to run the install and got errors referring to MSVCP.dll & MSVCR120.dll. both these dll's were present upon my machine but not on Drive E: After a very frustrating and response to a ticket I eventually got the install to work. Got the registration process to work....
Alas the new SP1 wont load trainz, it goes to sleep on me. No error messages. left it for 5&1/2 hours still no go.
Another ticket raised. I live in hopes.

The Trainz and Tane software is a lot of fun...if it's running correctly. I am frustrated that I had to pay for the faulty DVD software just last year and now have to pay for all the "fixes" DVD in SP-1. Since I live in a rural area I have a slow internet connection. If I try to do the free SP-1 download I recieve a message that that it will take over 7 hours. Also, I lose connectivity so I lose my download. Originally, I had ordered the DVD to avoid this problem. Now they want me to pay $25 (including shipping) to fix the faulty software. The patches and fixes should be provided at no cost in my opinion.

The Trainz and Tane software is a lot of fun...if it's running correctly. I am frustrated that I had to pay for the faulty DVD software just last year and now have to pay for all the "fixes" DVD in SP-1. Since I live in a rural area I have a slow internet connection. If I try to do the free SP-1 download I recieve a message that that it will take over 7 hours. Also, I lose connectivity so I lose my download. Originally, I had ordered the DVD to avoid this problem. Now they want me to pay $25 (including shipping) to fix the faulty software. The patches and fixes should be provided at no cost in my opinion.

Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately, I cannot forsee N3V doing that for the pure reason that there is a free patcher option already available. I accept that it's not ideal for you but unfortunately it's unlikely to change (I've been here for around 10 years with Trainz so I know what to expect).

It may be worth seeing if there is anywhere locally that has a faster connection you can use to download the patch though.

Shane

Need to read the TANE forum as there is much a cheaper option available on USB stick.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...vered-on-Physical-Media&p=1472904#post1472904

I am having the same problem. Will try the disable firewall to see if that is the problem.

John
NWHY6

What problem are you having? If you are having trouble with the download, it is most likely the program that is being used to unpack the files. I was using WinZIP to unpack the files. I tried disabling the firewall, turning off my anti virus, anti malware programs, etc. All to no avail.
My experience last weekend tells me that WinZIP does not unpack the download properly. I might suggest using WinRAR to unpack it. That was what fixed it for me. I believe that 7-ZIP works as well.
I hope this helps.

~Rick~

Last edited:
Back